Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

aprincessatlasst

I was very optimistic about this land when it was announced. We just returned from our first Disneyland Paris visit and I must say my optimism has wained drastically! Wow... who approved that land? It was just so sad! There are better ride and themes at our Cedar Fair theme parks. I was quite taken back by how bad it was. On a side note, Ratatouille was fantastic! Hoping they go more that route with theme and ride quality than the DL Bugs Land/ DLParis Toy story route.

Rich T

...Hoping they go more that route with theme and ride quality than the DL Bugs Land/ DLParis Toy story route.
Gotta say that there's nothing at all wrong with the terffic theming of A Bug's Land. In fact, at night it's downright beautiful. The use of a living bamboo forest to surround everything really works well combined with the oversized props. It's a bummer it's nothing but kiddie rides, and no one will really miss the area when it goes, but I'd give Bug's Land an 8 out of 10 for theming. 2 out of 10 for rides.

RSoxNo1

As far as I know, there's room for a load and an unload. I want to say the load building is green and the connected unload room is blue. That's what I see in my head when I close my eyes anyway.

4 trains, yes. I don't believe there are enough block sections for a fifth. Hopefully they make the seats big enough to fit two average Americans this time around so they can actually hit 2000 guests/hour.
Of all the recent builds, why is this one the one they are targeting 2000 guests per hour?

ToTBellHop

Of all the recent builds, why is this one the one they are targeting 2000 guests per hour?
Do you think they'll be able to dispatch full trains every 36 seconds? We are assuming 20 guests per train.

Still, see what a new build can do versus a retrofit? Looking at you, Frozen Ever After.

RSoxNo1

Do you think they'll be able to dispatch full trains every 36 seconds? We are assuming 20 guests per train.

Still, see what a new build can do versus a retrofit? Looking at you, Frozen Ever After.
If it's got a dedicated load/unload area there's no reason why the dispatches can't be consistent with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest. How big are the trains relative to those two?

ToTBellHop

I believe it's one platform. Train pulls in. Unloads. Advances a trains length. Loads.
That's what it looks like.

Anyone know the dispatch interval at Mine Train. That's a good metric.

Next Big Thing, I think you're right when I look closely. Just 18 seats per train. Perhaps they'll have a dining package that allows guests to ride right on Slinky Dog like a carousel horse.

Kman101

Next Big Thing, I think you're right when I look closely. Just 18 seats per train. Perhaps they'll have a dining package that allows guests to ride right on Slinky Dog like a carousel horse.

LOL I about spit out my coffee when I read the part about the dining package.

RSoxNo1

If it's 18 seats per train there's no way it's hitting 2000 per hour.

rocketraccoon

Scrim is up over all of the TSL entrance now. Not sure if this is new
20170630_120718.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom