Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Wikkler

And what the heck does "Storybook" even refer to?
DumboBook.jpg

Jon81uk

Please tell me there's a chance of Pizza Planet being relocated to this land? It won't be the same but it would have to do.

Unlikely.

The theme of Toy Story land is that you are the same or slightly smaller than the Toys, as you are riding on Slinky Dogs back etc. Therefore pizza planet doesn't fit as that is a restaurant designed at human size scale.

Thats not to say it won't be placed outside the land, just it won't fit in the theme of Toy Story Land.

Additionally I think they don't want arcades within the parks (the Space Mountain one has gone) and a big part of the Pizza Planet theme is the arcade.

Daveeeeed

Regardless of the park, the coasters come from the same few vendors. If you want to know how much just a coaster is going to cost then those other parks where they just build the coaster is the best example.

Revenge of the Mummy being in the same range as Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It shows the problem with that coaster as a point of comparison.
At first I was being told that my estimates were too low, and now too high? Either way it is just my opinion.

beachlover4444

I hope they call the new area Pixar Animation Land so it can have toy story, cars, and all sorts of animation rides much like fantasyland is based on animated movies. So it is not so zoned in on 1 idea. I am so happy to hear that honey I shrunk finally closed, my girls are 31 and 33 and they loved that movie and played on those slides but that was 20 years ago. It was dated. You have to make sure when you spend that much money to build a "land" that it can sustain a 25 year life span and stay relavent and be easily updated and added to.

HMF

I hope they call the new area Pixar Animation Land so it can have toy story, cars, and all sorts of animation rides much like fantasyland is based on animated movies. So it is not so zoned in on 1 idea. I am so happy to hear that honey I shrunk finally closed, my girls are 31 and 33 and they loved that movie and played on those slides but that was 20 years ago. It was dated. You have to make sure when you spend that much money to build a "land" that it can sustain a 25 year life span and stay relavent and be easily updated and added to.
I would have liked a general Pixar-Themed Land as well but 1 IP Lands are the "in" thing right now.

Fox&Hound

For those complaining that this new land is short on rides, we don't know that they won't make slight changes to Midway Mania to make it new-ish :) they could add in different characters or change the games into new versions. I would love a few more rides as well but for those who have never been to the parks they will view this land as having three major rides plus dining and meet and greet opportunities. When you add this to SWL and whatever we get in the third phase, DHS will have a lot of new experiences. Once DHS has been redeveloped, I think we will all be very happy that a stale park has become something new and fresh :)

The Empress Lilly

For those complaining that this new land is short on rides, we don't know that they won't make slight changes to Midway Mania to make it new-ish :) they could add in different characters or change the games into new versions. I would love a few more rides as well but for those who have never been to the parks they will view this land as having three major rides plus dining and meet and greet opportunities. When you add this to SWL and whatever we get in the third phase, DHS will have a lot of new experiences. Once DHS has been redeveloped, I think we will all be very happy that a stale park has become something new and fresh :)
Me I'm complaining because I dislike the theme and detest the look and vibe of the Toy Story Land I already know. The less rides the better for me! :cat:

lazyboy97o

So now flat rides and roller coasters are automatic grounds for being a major ride?

Tay

I was excited for TSL but if it takes until 2018 and use up 11 acres it defeats it's purpose. I really want a full Pixar land TSL, Monstropolis with door coaster ,Cars D or E ticket , Incredibles E ticket, Nemo show moved from AK and a Nemo water ride or water play area, ITTBAB moved from AK and Heimlich clone, Islands in the Sky from Legoland themed to Up and a Ratatouille restaurant.

All of that won't happen with Disney but I think they would have been better off announcing TSL as the first part of the Pixar Place expansion since they do plan on building another land based on Pixar.

PiratedTVPro

Whatever happened to the idea of holiday theming that was promised when Toy Story Mania first opened?

I'm 99% sure I can remember Imagineering saying that since the screens were digital they could just upload new holiday or seasonal-themed boards to the ride overnight. Probably just dropped by the wayside when they realized the ride was going to have 180 minute queue times without them doing anything more.

Jon81uk

A roller coaster is not a major ride???? It's a lot more than the slinky dog ride people thought we were getting.

The slinky dog ride IS the rollercoaster.

It will be somewhere between Seven Dwarves and Barnstormer in scale.
So if Toy Story Mania is the E-ticket, Slinky coaster is the D ticket and the Green Alien whip ride is a C ticket.

Jon81uk

Whatever happened to the idea of holiday theming that was promised when Toy Story Mania first opened?

I'm 99% sure I can remember Imagineering saying that since the screens were digital they could just upload new holiday or seasonal-themed boards to the ride overnight. Probably just dropped by the wayside when they realized the ride was going to have 180 minute queue times without them doing anything more.

I think they did update a little after Toy Story three. But I agree it should be easy to switch out so there is a seasonal thanksgiving, christmas, halloween, summer, and easter games so one of the screens is always different

Bolt

I was excited for TSL but if it takes until 2018 and use up 11 acres it defeats it's purpose. I really want a full Pixar land TSL, Monstropolis with door coaster ,Cars D or E ticket , Incredibles E ticket, Nemo show moved from AK and a Nemo water ride or water play area, ITTBAB moved from AK and Heimlich clone, Islands in the Sky from Legoland themed to Up and a Ratatouille restaurant.

All of that won't happen with Disney but I think they would have been better off announcing TSL as the first part of the Pixar Place expansion since they do plan on building another land based on Pixar.
I'm not sure who wouldn't want 7 more lands. Just not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom