Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll here let it go while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*

You have far to much time on your hands. ;)

Mike S

Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll here let it go while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*
The answer to all your questions is six hundred and sixty six.

RSoxNo1

That would depend on how it impacts it. If this is the actual layout, then it's possible they are going to reconfigure some things around the streets to accommodate the construction in that corner of the park. Maybe they are going to temporarily move some things into the streets area that will be displaced by the construction. It's also possible something else is going to go in the are of the streets up by LMA. And of course there is the recent rumor that muppets may not be safe. I don't have and inside info on this, just speculating at possibilities.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg
And the floating mountains are going in the dark orange section.

jeswins

Are there any permits that have been filed over the past year or two for the current backstage area that Toy Story Land will occupy? Maybe they have quietly started some construction backstage.

DisDan

Are there any permits that have been filed over the past year or two for the current backstage area that Toy Story Land will occupy? Maybe they have quietly started some construction backstage.

@danlb_2000 would have already found this by now and we would all know about it. So it's highly unlikely.

mmkr03

Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll hear "let it go" while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*
This, without a doubt, is the best thing on the internet right now! Well played, well played...

zweltar

No, no permits yet. They haven't closed everything yet. Once nearly everything in DHS is closed, then they will begin thinking about what they want to file permits for.o_O:cool:

Magenta Panther

Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll hear "let it go" while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*

My head hurts...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

*1023*

Actually it is more controversial than any of that. The "i" was originally an "e".

Jon81uk

That would depend on how it impacts it. If this is the actual layout, then it's possible they are going to reconfigure some things around the streets to accommodate the construction in that corner of the park. Maybe they are going to temporarily move some things into the streets area that will be displaced by the construction. It's also possible something else is going to go in the are of the streets up by LMA. And of course there is the recent rumor that muppets may not be safe. I don't have and inside info on this, just speculating at possibilities.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

Looking at that image, if the current Pixar Place ends up being blocked off and the muppets area then ends up with the only access to it from Commisionary Lane it makes me think the reason there won't be any Osborne Lights in 2016 is there is no safe way to get the crowds in and out of Streets of America with 2 out the 3 access points blocked with construction. Of course Toy Story Mania will be open so it is possible that Mickey Ave will remain open. But if the main access to SoA from Star Tours is closed off, that is the limiting factor for the Osborne Light crowds.

Skyway

it makes me think the reason there won't be any Osborne Lights in 2016 is there is no safe way to get the crowds in and out of Streets of America with 2 out the 3 access points blocked with construction.

That seems a reasonable explanation as to why Osbourne will be closed from 2016 thru the opening of Toy Story and/or Star Wars.

The fact that it's never coming back (unless they pull a "back by popular demand" stunt in the 2020's) suggests they also have plans for SoA too.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
That seems a reasonable explanation as to why Osbourne will be closed from 2016 thru the opening of Toy Story and/or Star Wars.

The fact that it's never coming back (unless they pull a "back by popular demand" stunt in the 2020's) suggests they also have plans for SoA too.
Didn't they announce that certain elements are being returned to the Osborne family though?

ctrlaltdel

Everything we've heard from the insiders suggests that SoA is gone at some point next year. Phase 3 is almost certainly going there.

Jon81uk

Yes I expect SoA and Lights, Motors, Action to be demolished later. And the new attractions will have access via the Star Wars area as there is currently, I would also assume Toy Story Land will link up too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom