Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

I suspect Disney is shooting for a fall 2016 opening of Toy Story Land to increase capacity at HS prior to the completion of the AK expansion in 2017.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... within One year? Clear a dozen buildings, and build a whole land?...within a year? not even close to likely.
at least 2.5 to three years minimum...Didn't it take them over a year to complete the Tangled Restrooms?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I suspect Disney is shooting for a fall 2016 opening of Toy Story Land to increase capacity at HS prior to the completion of the AK expansion in 2017.

First of all, welcome. Second, I think you could get excited somewhere between June 2017(aggressive) and September 2017(more likely). (Okay, I'll hedge a little and say November 2017 latest.)

*1023*

Fox&Hound

Like major alterations to plans have never happened before ;-) (Poor Aurora!)

"But what's more, Disney World will construct individual areas -- be it a castle, cottage or chateau -- where guests can interact with some of the company's best-known princesses and other characters from their movies. Children will be able to dance with Cinderella, celebrate Aurora's birthday with the Good Fairies, or play a role with Belle in a performance in the library of the Beast's castle."

Thank God they changed those plans. How boring would a ton of M&G's be instead of the 7DMT ride?!? I'm all for plans changing if they change in a positive direction like NFL.

Pedro Soto

Hey everyone first post, super excited for Toy Story Land & Star Wars land but with all these closings seems like Hollywood Studios will be an extremely short day at the park. Really hoping for a mid/late 2017 opening for Toy Story Land (my next planned trip) but what I want to know more about is PHASE 3 :) hoping for a Monsters Inc Land

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If SWL is going to impact the Streets of America then wouldn't it have to affect the Muppets too?

That would depend on how it impacts it. If this is the actual layout, then it's possible they are going to reconfigure some things around the streets to accommodate the construction in that corner of the park. Maybe they are going to temporarily move some things into the streets area that will be displaced by the construction. It's also possible something else is going to go in the are of the streets up by LMA. And of course there is the recent rumor that muppets may not be safe. I don't have and inside info on this, just speculating at possibilities.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

Hey everyone first post, super excited for Toy Story Land & Star Wars land but with all these closings seems like Hollywood Studios will be an extremely short day at the park. Really hoping for a mid/late 2017 opening for Toy Story Land (my next planned trip) but what I want to know more about is PHASE 3 :) hoping for a Monsters Inc Land
This was posted before:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 136

HauntedMansionFLA

That would depend on how it impacts it. If this is the actual layout, then it's possible they are going to reconfigure some things around the streets to accommodate the construction in that corner of the park. Maybe they are going to temporarily move some things into the streets area that will be displaced by the construction. It's also possible something else is going to go in the are of the streets up by LMA. And of course there is the recent rumor that muppets may not be safe. I don't have and inside info on this, just speculating at possibilities.

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg
Hopefully this is right and the Muppets will be spared and actually be upgraded.

djkidkaz

Since Cars Land is the rumored phase 3 it would be odd to have Star Wars Land in between toy story land and cars land. I think they'll be announcing the redo of the park and toss in cars land with that announcement. Disney could essentially tear down streets of America and start building cars land without announcing it. They do it with DVC all the time. It's a smart way to get the project started and save the announcement for a later date.

HauntedMansionFLA

Since Cars Land is the rumored phase 3 it would be odd to have Star Wars Land in between toy story land and cars land. I think they'll be announcing the redo of the park and toss in cars land with that announcement. Disney could essentially tear down streets of America and start building cars land without announcing it. They do it with DVC all the time. It's a smart way to get the project started and save the announcement for a later date.
Won't they need permits to start that type of project up?

ToTBellHop

I don't personally think it's any worse than any other themed areas that abut each other. It's effectiveness will depend on the transition between the two and where there are enough "sensory tickles."

YodaMan

Of course, but I'd assume they would just list on the permits "Project X" or whatever. They wouldn't have to call it Cars Land until its announced.

Kind of unrelated, but what ever happened to the "Numbered Projects?" Anyone know how far they went? @danlb_2000 ? Wasn't the TSMM expansion like Project 3 and Maelstrom like Project 6 or something like that? Were those numberings ever kept in later permits for those projects?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Kind of unrelated, but what ever happened to the "Numbered Projects?" Anyone know how far they went? @danlb_2000 ? Wasn't the TSMM expansion like Project 3 and Maelstrom like Project 6 or something like that? Were those numberings ever kept in later permits for those projects?

We eventually realized the the numbers were not a count of projects but each had a signficance. The Soarin expansion was project 87 (87 seats per theater) and TSMM is Project 3 (Third track), although we never figured out the Frozen ride, project 6.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
We eventually realized the the numbers were not a count of projects but each had a signficance. The Soarin expansion was project 87 (87 seats per theater) and TSMM is Project 3 (Third track), although we never figured out the Frozen ride, project 6.

Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll hear "let it go" while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*

Last edited:

Luxe

Hmmmm... Six show scenes in the remodeled Maelstrom? 6 Minute tourism film removed? 6 hour wait to ride? Average number of 101's per day? Number of complaints per hour? Number of standby line folks allowed on per hour? Number of projection effects per show scene? Number of actual AAs in the entire attraction? Number of melt downs per hour for children standing in line? Number of boats in attraction show rooms at 1 time? Number of beers I will need to drink to brave the standby line? Number of trips to the bathroom I'll make while waiting in the standby line? Number of times I'll chastise myself for waiting in line? Number of times I'll here let it go while on the ride? Number of actual changes they will make load/unload area? Number of heat strokes per day from standing in line for attraction? Number of times people will try getting in front of me in line while I wait? Number of drinks I will need after I get off the attraction? Number of hours of therapy I'll need after waiting and riding on the attraction? Number of times my niece will want to ride this attraction per day? Number of Olafs that will be guiding me through the attraction scenes? Number of interactive queue areas in the line? Number of communicable diseases you can get from the interactive items in the line? Number of times my foot will be stepped on while waiting in line? Number of years this will have as a popular attraction? Number of cast members needed to operate this attraction? The gallons of water each boat will take on per circuit?......

*1023*

I applaud the amount of effort and creativity you put into that post, bravo good sir!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom