Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flavious27

That would be such a great opportunity-especially if they have merch there not available in other areas of WDW. Kind of like (and I'm sorry for saying this) the shops in Harry Potter Land...

No reason to be sorry when someone knows how to properly sell merch. As much as I like being able to buy something from the parks online, that is also part of the fun of it. When the same products are sold throughout the parks, there is less desire to buy them. It is like the mugs.

brb1006

Probably angry WDWMagic members throwing tomatoes at the ride.
throwing-tomatoes-on-stage-tJPq.jpg

jeswins

I suspect Disney is shooting for a fall 2016 opening of Toy Story Land to increase capacity at HS prior to the completion of the AK expansion in 2017.

jeswins

@Lee said late 2017 in another thread for the opening of TSL.
He would know more than I would, I just wonder if they will really open two new lands in two different parks in the same year. Besides, it seems like the theme over the past few years has been to expand the number of guests that the resort can handle park wide. It started with New Fantasyland in MK (dining, restrooms, better crowd flow in Fantasyland) and My Magic Plus. Now we are seeing the Disney Springs and Buena Vista Drive expansion that will be completed in 2016. Epcot is increasing capacity in 2016 by both the third theater at Soarin and the Frozen takeover at Norway which will draw some guests away from Test Track/Soarin. AK has already seen the Africa expansion, and additional guest walkways in prep for larger crowds. If Toy Story Land were to be completed by 2016, it would fit into what seems to me to be an effort to expand capacity resort wide prior to opening Pandora.

Goofyernmost

I'm wondering if people are confusing the Toy Story Rebuild (added capacity) with the additional Toy Story playground, etc. that is planned in the park expansion. Seems to me like that is happening.

djkidkaz

There's no way this thing would open in 2016. I'm not even confident that it would be built fast enough to open in 2017. I say March 2018 before we even see soft openings.

ToTBellHop

I'm wondering if people are confusing the Toy Story Rebuild (added capacity) with the additional Toy Story playground, etc. that is planned in the park expansion. Seems to me like that is happening.
What are you talking about? Everyone is talking about the new Toy Story rides. No playground has been announced.

raymusiccity

My information is accurate. Unless they decide to make major alterations to the plan what I have said is FACT.

Like major alterations to plans have never happened before ;-) (Poor Aurora!)

"But what's more, Disney World will construct individual areas -- be it a castle, cottage or chateau -- where guests can interact with some of the company's best-known princesses and other characters from their movies. Children will be able to dance with Cinderella, celebrate Aurora's birthday with the Good Fairies, or play a role with Belle in a performance in the library of the Beast's castle."

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
So with confirmation that Osborne Lights are going away, do we feel that the streets are being demolished for Toy Story Land?

Goofyernmost

What are you talking about? Everyone is talking about the new Toy Story rides. No playground has been announced.
I was talking about whatever ELSE that they are planning to build new. Not what is already there and just being added to. I used the word playground improperly since it hasn't really had anything confirmed yet. Sorry. There are presently two items that are being discussed. One is the current Toy Story Midway Mania that is being expanded, as we speak. The the other hasn't started yet. So, I only mentioned it because it can get confusing. I don't think that it is going to take until 2017 to complete the expansion of TSMM. When this is discussed I think it just sometimes sounds like it is TSMM that people are talking about. I don't see it possible to take that long, so I'm thinking we sometimes are getting our topics crossed.

note2001

Everyone who's ever worked on their own back yards knows eventually you dig up something odd and unexpected. As a kid I found a perfectly clean (in a child's mind) bird skeleton (mom made me bury it). Found a giant dried starfish in my friend's yard. I wonder what Disney, I mean Andy, will dig up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom