Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

matt9112

Its suppose to be a different version of radiator springs. CA and Florida are two completly different parks. There night and day. Disneyland is a better preserved park. Wdw is the step child

just remember walt left one behind to build another for a reason. coupled with recent projected trends i think orlando (Disney aside) is the place to be in the future.

Goofyernmost

just remember walt left one behind to build another for a reason. coupled with recent projected trends i think orlando (Disney aside) is the place to be in the future.
Walt left nothing behind. Right now I'm having computer issues so I cannot post the link to Walt's Florida press conference when he announced formally that he was building Disney World. He, in fact, specifically said that it would be just like Disneyland with a few new things. His focus was so far away from Disneyland or MK at that point that I doubt he would have cared if they just picked all of Disneyland up with a helicopter and plopped it down in Florida. The idea that the parks have to be different is created in the mind of fanbois not Walt or anyone else in the position of making that decision.

His focus was on EPCOT. MK was just a place for people to work and tourist to see as they inspected his community of tomorrow. You don't need 27 thousand acres of land to build a theme park. A national park perhaps, but, not that.

lazyboy97o

Walt left nothing behind. Right now I'm having computer issues so I cannot post the link to Walt's Florida press conference when he announced formally that he was building Disney World. He, in fact, specifically said that it would be just like Disneyland with a few new things. His focus was so far away from Disneyland or MK at that point that I doubt he would have cared if they just picked all of Disneyland up with a helicopter and plopped it down in Florida. The idea that the parks have to be different is created in the mind of fanbois not Walt or anyone else in the position of making that decision.

His focus was on EPCOT. MK was just a place for people to work and tourist to see as they inspected his community of tomorrow. You don't need 27 thousand acres of land to build a theme park. A national park perhaps, but, not that.
Walt said that the park would be different but for planning, since it was not of his concern, a copy of Disneyland was used and this is what appears in the EPCOT film.

doctornick

How about people don't complain that there 2 year old can't ride. My son is 41.5 inches at age 4 I think 36 or 38 Is acceptable.

I'll just reiterate again: My concern when talking about "no height restriction" rides is a preference for rides that don't have significant motion components. A lot of people really enjoy that Disney is heavy on rides that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, many of whom have motion sickness problems or just intolerance to "thrill rides" of any level. While I would not suggest making exclusively those types of rides, DHS would benefit from an influx of more calm, relaxing rides that have broad appeal. Neither of the announced additions with TSL are in that vein, so I'd like to see some such rides coming at some point to the park as additions.

I feel like Disney has moved away from that sort of ride in recent time, even though their best known classics (e.g. HM, POTC, IASW, etc.) are often of this type.

doctornick

As of March 25th, 2015:

"These expansions are expected to be complete by late 2016, offering even more opportunities for you to enjoy these beloved attractions during your Walt Disney World Resort vacation."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ory-mania-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

To be fair, that just means that both the Soarin' and TSMM additions will be done by then. It's possible that one of the additions would be done earlier and it seems that Soarin' is the one that will take longer. So this doesn't preclude the TSMM expansion from being completed by earlier in 2016.

Dreamer76

The footprint of Toy Story Land is much larger. In fact Mermaid will be relocated as that building will be one of the buildings either demolished or repurposed as the entrance to Toy Story Land. It will go that far right.

peter11435

The footprint of Toy Story Land is much larger. In fact Mermaid will be relocated as that building will be one of the buildings either demolished or repurposed as the entrance to Toy Story Land. It will go that far right.
The mermaid building will not be affected by toy story land. The entrance to toys story land will begin just passed mermaid in the current area of one mans dream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom