Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ignohippo

I thought the same, but if you look at the entrance in the bottom middle, that seems to be the space between TSMM and the former Jack Sparrow building. Which means the further entrance, to the far right, would put that VERY close to Animation Courtyard.

The One Man's Dream/Little Mermaid building is coming down, so the TS land will spill out to the Animation Courtyard.

Daveeeeed

Just wish they would add a Pizza Planet Truck indoor ride. Using a cross between Test Track ride technology, Lps. There would also be the feel of racing through interchanges, zooming past cars, and most importantly delivering the pizza! I have a story and a better ride concept that I will try to post tomorrow as it is past 2am where I live lol. And to add to what others have said I do wish there was an RC Racer; it was pretty exilerating and fun when I rode it in Paris.

Ignohippo

A few thoughts:
1: In the upper cornerner, where TSL "ends" the path splits in two directions. One towards present back stage areas, and if my spacing is right, one toward BLT's old entrance. I believe this means that A- more TSL rides or B- More Expansion other than Star Wars

2: Same area seems to have a water feature

3: Battleship Game Building- What is it?

I noticed the exact same things. If there isn't more coming, why would they show the path taking a "Y"? It looks like one path goes to the left, directly in front of LMA (which you can just barely make out the turnaround area) but why does it go to the right?

With the current park layout, there would be absolutely no reason to show it going to the right as well.

Acolli18

Based on the concept art, I'm actually going to guess that it will take up most of the backlot tour and lights motors action. If you look at the concept art, you can depict what looks like the building behind the special effects water tank and one of the tour bridges to the far left. The new entrance to TSMM would be here. Soundstage 1 could be a rebuilt queue and exit space while track 3 will be placed where the current queue is. Pizza planet could take over studio catering company. Pixar place could still exist from where one mans dream was to just behind soundstage 1 leaving more expansion space for future pixar films, streets of america could be monstropolis/muppets and honey would get a small bugs life overlay still. Star wars would be echo lake, epic, and star tours area.
This could be, but my only argument is I don't see them building a Toy Story Land, as well as a Pixar Land. I would think they just merge the two together for one "big" Pixar Land.

orlando678-

I can't believe that everyone is complaining. They have created an original land, with new attractions and other new experiences. Also some wonder why rc racer and parachute drop are not there. Seriously everyone complained if it were the same toy story playland thing and now they got something else and it still isn't satisfying. Sure a RC racer coaster would have been cool too but I'm completely satisfied with this. It's better than nothing, but I do hope that I can step into more worlds in the future.

Deadly Danson

I do not know if anyone has mentioned this yet cause but does anyone see the similarity in layout to Hong Kong Big Grizzly Mountain....they have rights to the themed ride but not necessarily the coaster itself...

I thought exactly the same. If it is anything like Big Grizzly then they have a winner. It's a great ride - just enough thrill with the launches but tame enough for the whole family.

Nmoody1

I so hope they either relocate "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" to somewhere else in the park, or to MK.

What we need is new, immersive and quality shows.... not old animation and a shown that really shows its age. If they did anything at least a new show - not the same old tired bore we have now!

MerlinTheGoat

Slinky doesn't appear to go backwards or switch tracks multiple times like Grizzly Mountain does. Nor are Slinky or Grizzly the first Disney coasters to use a launch type ride system in the first system. Space Mountain Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris as well as Rock n Roller Coaster are both launch coasters I believe (the former of which was built in 1995).

And a huge part of the reason Grizzly is so good is the theming, it has elaborate western rockwork and other effects as well as some rather impressive animatronics. Slinky appears extremely sparse in terms of scenery, a largely naked steel coaster (and I doubt any animatronics apart from possibly the queue). Definitely not remotely close to Grizzly's level, neither in ride system nor theming.

Nmoody1

I can't believe that everyone is complaining. They have created an original land, with new attractions and other new experiences. Also some wonder why rc racer and parachute drop are not there. Seriously everyone complained if it were the same toy story playland thing and now they got something else and it still isn't satisfying. Sure a RC racer coaster would have been cool too but I'm completely satisfied with this. It's better than nothing, but I do hope that I can step into more worlds in the future.

It really is wonderful you are pleased with this.... I'm sure that's just what BOB iger and the exec team were hoping - you get two rides. It would have been nice to fill the 12 acres with more than two attractions - the two new rides IN ADDITION to maybe parachute drop and RC (although, RC would not eat enough people!) It's disappointing the 12 acres will not bring a NEW e-ticket - just an expanded space for one we already have.

orlando678-

Slinky doesn't appear to go backwards or switch tracks multiple times like Grizzly Mountain does. Nor are Slinky or Grizzly the first Disney coasters to use a launch type ride system. Space Mountain Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris as well as Rock n Roller Coaster are both launch coasters I believe.

And a huge part of the reason Grizzly is so good is the theming, it has elaborate western rockwork and other effects as well as some rather impressive animatronics. Slinky appears extremely sparse in terms of scenery, a largely naked steel coaster (and I doubt any animatronics apart from possibly the queue). Definitely not remotely close to Grizzly's level, neither in ride system nor theming.
I agree except on the theming fact. I personally think the track looks like a toy track. Also this theme is more complex to make it fully themed, while Grizzly is actually a train and easy to theme. And it looks like a world of toys, which it is supposed to be so I think they are going to do a pretty good job.

orlando678-

It really is wonderful you are pleased with this.... I'm sure that's just what BOB iger and the exec team were hoping - you get two rides. It would have been nice to fill the 12 acres with more than two attractions - the two new rides IN ADDITION to maybe parachute drop and RC (although, RC would not eat enough people!) It's disappointing the 12 acres will not bring a NEW e-ticket - just an expanded space for one we already have.
1. They are done for now with Toy Story, because Toy Story has already an E-ticket here 2. I dont think this is the end of the announcements for Pixar rides, I say just wait, there is just too much unclear and there is still so much land, that it just cant be over yet.

Rutt

I noticed the exact same things. If there isn't more coming, why would they show the path taking a "Y"? It looks like one path goes to the left, directly in front of LMA (which you can just barely make out the turnaround area) but why does it go to the right?

With the current park layout, there would be absolutely no reason to show it going to the right as well.
They did mention in the presentation that TSL was part of an ongoing plan to transform the park so money wise, space wise, im thinking theres another phase to this somewhere. Im hoping its 'incredible'.

orlando678-

I think what was was announced is more then enough to offset what has already closed. The big question for me it, how much more will close to make way for these. That might imbalance the equation.
We probably have to say goodbye to the muppets, streets of america, lights motors action, Indy, Little Mermaid and possibly Disney Junior which will just be out of place if it would stay.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So this'll realistically be a solid 1.5 to 2 year build? Doesn't seem too extensive in terms of architecture and design. The leveling and relocation of backstage areas will be the time consumer.

That time frame seems about right to me. Story Book Circus took almost a year and a half. There is a lot of detail in this land, and as you said a lot that needs to be moved to build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom