Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

You have the issue of a potential forest fire, especially when Orlando is going through a dry spell with no rain. Not to mention debris falling on cars on World Drive or traffic stopping to watch the launches.
That last one alone should be enough to stop it from happening. Just what is needed while driving, fireworks firing off.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I was thinking this land needs to be completely finished relatively soon because they have to get the cast in there for training and everything. Even if they finished in 4 weeks that would put it close to June 10th which would only give them 20 days to prep and train.
Yeah, it certainly feels like one of those house-flipping shows - where they’ll be painting and screwing on door hinges as people are walking in.

GlacierGlacier

I do hope the lap bars on this Slinky Dog Coaster are more comfortable than the dreadful ones on Mine Train.
I'm still appreciating single lap bars instead of group bars. As someone who is of a thinner disposition compared to my family, there is always something slightly terrifying about rolling out of the station with three inches between you and the only thing keeping you in your seat (besides good ol' Fg)

peter11435

I was thinking this land needs to be completely finished relatively soon because they have to get the cast in there for training and everything. Even if they finished in 4 weeks that would put it close to June 10th which would only give them 20 days to prep and train.
The land does not need to be completely finished to prep and train. Cast have been there for quite some time already for test and adjust.

BrianLo

There was a similar media push for Pandora. You had specials on ABC shows, several TV ads, and special media kits sent out.

I think what a few of us are noticing is a lot bigger push than normal specific to Canada.

That could just be the general direction of our economy. But I've never see such a marketing blitz for us here, specific to new offerings. I even mentioned down in the DL forum a month and a half ago that I've started to see very frequent Pixar Fest posters all around Calgary. I'd not be surprised if the C-train also has a Toy Story wrap I'm not privy to.

It makes sense, Canada is generally under-considered when talking about 'tourists'. It's very UK/Brazil focused, but we are there in hordes too. Someone has just clearly given the Canadian marketing team a lot more money than usual.

Animaniac93-98

Yeah, it certainly feels like one of those house-flipping shows - where they’ll be painting and screwing on door hinges as people are walking in.

Looks like Disney is planning for this:

"Soon guests will be able to participate in Disney-Pixar's Build-a-Land Workshop! Help create the magic of Walt Disney World's latest expansion by learning how to pour concrete, nail two-by-fours together and paint the world's largest fence! Disney PhotoPass® photographers will be on hand to capture all the memories. Stay tuned for more details!"

;)

Animaniac93-98

I think what a few of us are noticing is a lot bigger push than normal specific to Canada.

That could just be the general direction of our economy. But I've never see such a marketing blitz for us here, specific to new offerings. I even mentioned down in the DL forum a month and a half ago that I've started to see very frequent Pixar Fest posters all around Calgary. I'd not be surprised if the C-train also has a Toy Story wrap I'm not privy to.

It makes sense, Canada is generally under-considered when talking about 'tourists'. It's very UK/Brazil focused, but we are there in hordes too. Someone has just clearly given the Canadian marketing team a lot more money than usual.

The Air Canada Vacations logo is prominently displayed on the pictures posted. I wonder what % of the advertising cost came from them, or who reached out to who first?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom