Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

Nah, dabbing is defitenly the worst thing of the internet. And real life.
05xp-paul-ryan-dabbing-master768.jpg

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
How is the land's unique larger than life "through the eyes of a toy" perspective explained? Are we shrunken down at some point prior to entering the land? Or does the theme only work with a massive suspension of disbelief? If those massive do-nothing statues are Toys we must be freaking tiny right.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

At what point during the exploration of Andy's Backyard will guests be shrunken down to "toy size" to experience this land's unique "through the eyes of a toy" perspective? How is this explained?
Well, you know about it already, but, Disney cannot do everything for you. If you can't imagine you will never get it. If you can imagine you can let yourself go as far as you want to, but, no one is expecting you to get so into it that you start looking out to make sure no one steps on you. Reason, imagination and a sense of fun will go a long way toward the enjoyment of the area otherwise, just walk through to SWL. All that edge of the Galaxy stuff is much easier to believe I'm sure.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How is the land's unique larger than life "through the eyes of a toy" perspective explained? Are we shrunken down at some point prior to entering the land? Or does the theme only work with a massive suspension of disbelief? If those massive do-nothing statues are Toys we must be freaking tiny right.

How did you ever time travel and wind up in a small boat to look at some pirates?

smile

i'm more interested in why rather than how...
why design the toy story experience with guests the size of green army men?

Jones14

i'm more interested in why rather than how...
why design the toy story experience with guests the size of green army men?
I think it’s because the main characters are so large in comparison to other toys. If we’re Woody’s size, lots of ride concepts have to be tossed out the window just because we’re too big. Slinky Dog Dash and RC Racer come to mind, as an example.

Yellow Strap

According to trusted insiders, there is a radiation leak nearby. Andy has moved all his toys outside while the Government has quarantined his house looking for the source of the leak and questioning his mother on charges of domestic terrorism in transporting the material.

As civilian members of the Government envoy investigating this matter, you are exposed to the radiation and physically are shrunk to the size of the toy. Because of your exposure you only have 12 hours left to live, so the toys take pity on you and set up games and rides to make your last few hours on Earth enjoyable until you die.

I hope this answers your question. :)

No Name

The confusion as to what size we are and how the scale is consistent wouldn't be such an issue if there was actually theme to the land and this was simply a device used to express it. For Space Ranger Spin, nobody here questions it much, because the emphasis of the ride is on defeating Zurg and the kid next to you to save the planet or whatever. Kitchen Calamity, Runaway Railway, It's Tough to Be a Bug, etc. also have the emphasis placed elsewhere. However, being the size of a toy is pretty much what this land is, nothing more, which is why it's being contended.

TSL yes you just got ROASTED.

msteel

Did pandora have soft openings for general public? If so when was it compared to opening date?

I believe Pandora soft opened to the general public one day before the official opening.

We were in town for two weeks with 7 day park tickets. I purposely put our AK day very near the end of our trip to try to catch a soft opening, but the soft opening for the general public was THE DAY AFTER we were at AK.
Official opening was THE DAY WE LEFT TOWN.
(Nope, I'm not bitter at all about that...)

sunsetblvd26

The confusion as to what size we are and how the scale is consistent wouldn't be such an issue if there was actually theme to the land and this was simply a device used to express it. For Space Ranger Spin, nobody here questions it much, because the emphasis of the ride is on defeating Zurg and the kid next to you to save the planet or whatever. Kitchen Calamity, Runaway Railway, It's Tough to Be a Bug, etc. also have the emphasis placed elsewhere. However, being the size of a toy is pretty much what this land is, nothing more, which is why it's being contended.

TSL yes you just got ROASTED.
That’s flawed logic. None of one of those examples are lands like TSL, they’re just rides. Lands are supposed to establish a setting for those rides you cited to exist, like buzz which could easily be in this land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom