Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

twebber55

That ad seems to be WAAAAY overselling this new land. It seems TDO is setting themselves up for customer expectations that are way too high when the D Ticket and C Ticket rides actually open. Plus a snack bar and new bathrooms.
no offense but what commercial doesnt oversell
i mean they re not gonna say "hey come to our land thats decent and nowhere near as good as Pandora or Star wars GE"

Kman101

no offense but what commercial doesnt oversell
i mean they re not gonna say "hey come to our land thats decent and nowhere near as good as Pandora or Star wars GE"

Exactly. But then again I suppose it's not as high quality as Pixar Pier ;) can't wait to see the ads for that.

If a guest can't research the rides before they get there ... and what is Disney supposed to do, not advertise? I really don't think they oversell as much as some people say they do and I'm not quite sure why they get criticized for daring to advertise something. Expectations are set high because you (not you specifically, lol, people in general) set them high. I've got no expectations that TSL is going to be anything than what I've seen it will be.

It's always cute when the superior acting Disneylander's seem to like to get digs in at every turn or throw shade. Let's stop pretending Disneyland doesn't have some faults. It's quite amazing what gets justified there, IMHO. I'm not quite sure why someone needs to tear down something to make something else feel superior.

But anyway ...

Animaniac93-98

If Mad Tea Cups is a C.

It's not, or at least, Disney changed their minds after a few years:

1184489894_bb9195d6d7.jpg

aet936154LARGE.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Tea cups and saucers are solid Bs. Slinky is in the C/D category.
Something I will never understand - there was a short while at Disneyland where the Alice Dark Ride was a B while the Teacups were a C. Not sure how to wrap my head around that one.

Bad enough too that the Mad Tea Party and Mr. Toad were the same ticket when The Magic Kingdom opened, with Toad clearly being a superior experience. Pan and Snow were also C’s.

Teacups and the new Saucers should sit squarely as B’s.

Marc Davis Fan

Something I will never understand - there was a short while at Disneyland where the Alice Dark Ride was a B while the Teacups were a C. Not sure how to wrap my head around that one.

Bad enough too that the Mad Tea Party and Mr. Toad were the same ticket when The Magic Kingdom opened, with Toad clearly being a superior experience. Pan and Snow were also C’s.

I'm sure the super-experts on here have the definitive answer, but my hypothesis is that attractions would shift between B and C based on a function of both popularity and hourly capacity. So, for example, perhaps Mad Tea Party was comparably popular to Alice, but had a lower hourly capacity, thus making it more "valuable," or something like that.

Movielover

That ad seems to be WAAAAY overselling this new land. It seems TDO is setting themselves up for customer expectations that are way too high when the D Ticket and C Ticket rides actually open. Plus a snack bar and new bathrooms.

Yes but remember this is Disney, the company that practically throws a parade whenever they build a new drinking fountain...
;)

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I’m inclined to agree — though I wonder if Pixar Pier and Pixar Fest at Disneyland are gonna be rolled into this, no pun intended. That would at least justify a larger sell than DHS’s new B and C tickets alone.

Goofyernmost

I feel it is partially, at least, because many factors go into deciding, when it was actually a thing, what "ticket letter" to assign. Experience is one, but, it is also just the opinion of individuals. Personally, I thought that Toad was nothing more then the type of fun house that you could find at almost any roadside carnival. That said, I big part of the coding had to be based on what they thought would be the biggest draw. The numbers were based on the value of each, income wise. There were fewer early letter tickets (A & B) then the others. One would therefore go through those tickets first and have to buy more ticket books to continue doing the ones they want. That is how they made their money, it was from the sale of ticket books. The more books they sold the more money they made. Individuals might find Toad to be a better quality attraction, but, if the crowds were going to the Tea Cups... that would be the money shot, so to speak. The whole purpose of the coding was to either maintain popularity or create popularity of any specific attraction.

Fox&Hound

Yes! Can’t wait for this land to open!!!! And I, for one, like the ad- very clever. I think most people will be excited about TSL, especially knowing that SWL and Mickey are right around the corner. Yes, DHS still needs more rides and attractions, but it really will be an impressive ride line up when all is said and done. Now we just gotta update those shows....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom