Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jones14

So I may of missed this, but how will the Fastpass tiers shape up for HS now? Will Slinky and A.S.S be added to Tier A? and Beauty and Beast gets demoted to a B?
If I had to guess, both new attractions will go into Tier 1 (bumping Beauty, like you said) until Star Wars opens, at which point the roster looks like this:

Tier 1:
Runaway Railway
Battle Escape
Millennium Falcon
Toy Story Mania
Slinky
Fantasmic

Tier 2:
Frozen Singalong
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
MuppetVision
Swirling Saucers
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Beauty and the Beast

Again, just my guess, but it keeps the DHS tradition of putting more rides in Tier 1, with Tier 2 holding around twice as many attractions overall.

sunsetblvd26

If I had to guess, both new attractions will go into Tier 1 (bumping Beauty, like you said) until Star Wars opens, at which point the roster looks like this:

Tier 1:
Runaway Railway
Battle Escape
Millennium Falcon
Toy Story Mania
Slinky
Fantasmic

Tier 2:
Frozen Singalong
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
MuppetVision
Swirling Saucers
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Beauty and the Beast

Again, just my guess, but it keeps the DHS tradition of putting more rides in Tier 1, with Tier 2 holding around twice as many attractions overall.
Personally I can’t see Aliens being a tier one. Even if it is a new ride I still have to think FP demand for BatB would be higher to warrant it being a tier 1 over Slinky, if it remains one at all. Once SW opens I could see it being like Pandora with it just an either or for those two, maybe MMRR included also when it opens.

MrHappy

$60 million or so should be able to buy a fun little dark ride. But we’re talking about the company that spent more than twice that on building and trying to fix The Little Mermaid.
I don't recall the thread, sorry, but I recall that there was some sense that Disney is rather creative in how they report these figures. Perhaps other costs not associated to the project are baked into this, or they are inflating the figure for Wall St., or whatever. So I never take what Disney says the spend is or the reported spend is too literally.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't recall the thread, sorry, but I recall that there was some sense that Disney is rather creative in how they report these figures. Perhaps other costs not associated to the project are baked into this, or they are inflating the figure for Wall St., or whatever. So I never take what Disney says the spend is or the reported spend is too literally.
What’s the actual figure being discussed here?

AshaNeOmah

bringing the TSL area to a standard ready for construction

That costs more than your average person would think. I do high-voltage power delivery stuff for my job, and getting the power you need for a theme park without being a total eyesore will cost waaaayyyy more than you think.

BTW Martin, I've been meaning to ask you if you'll answer (or even answer in a PM, if that's better), do you or have you ever worked for the Disney company? It's a long term professional goal of mine to at least get an interview with Imagineering one day, but it's hard to find anyone with any real company experience unless you already know someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom