Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
PHOTO - New guide map for Disney's Hollywood Studios shows Toy Story Land

And on the web/app map at certain zoom levels...

1519677155266.png

Bet he's excited...

1519677201127.png

HauntedMansionFLA

One of the many recent revelations of your personality that prevents me from ever wanting to have "coffee" with you. Stick with your single minded friends. I really used to respect you... but, you are making that hard to do. Read through the post that I posted and if you can find anything I said that should have started this garbage I will apologize and be on my way. You won't! Perhaps the angered responses after being attacked will display some, but, not the original. Otherwise, put me on "IGNORE" it's the simplest way to avoid having to put up with my opposing view.
Good for you!! Don’t put up with the internet bullying

Last edited:

smile

Is there a point in there someplace? And what does it have to do with moving massive amounts of full grown trees from one place to another?

a scant few days ago you went on and on about how diz needs to be more aggressive, like uni...
and yet, when actually presented with a reason why it doesn't happen, you can't figure out how it matters - or won't.

then, in an effort to defend/explain yourself, you act as if people should be ashamed for even bringing up such a foolish idea because it's either irrelevant or it's none of our business... or something

it's one thing to be ignorant, as we all are, to a degree, but it's another thing to be willfully so; and it does you no favors.

lazyboy97o

It was a posted thought, it was never projected as fact nor presented for debate unless you know EXACTLY what the cost were for that specific part of the project. Your problem is that every time I say anything that you perceive as any support of Disney you jump at the opportunity to throw out a bunch of pointless words to attempt to contradict anything I say. The problem is that you are not saying anything that has any bearing on what I am talking about. If you don't want to read my ignorant nonsense put me on ignore. Either that or tell me what my mentioning that they are transplanting a forest to that sight and wondering how much of an expense along with speculating about how many people don't think of that as a cost of the project, is spewing ignorant nonsense. But, I guess you would know what ignorant nonsense is since you use it so often yourself. Oh, and btw, when reading a post, words are used to communicate if you are going to go to the dictionary to define the every word without taking into consideration the context of the usage, it is likely that no one will ever be able to communicate with you.
Your ignorant nonsense was in trying to pass off a very small cost as a major factor. You weren’t wondering or asking, you were again attempting to shut down discussion you don’t like. My problem isn’t defending Disney, but the repeated pattern of you making stuff up in order to try and shut down discussions.

Hopefully none of those words were too difficult to understand.

http://www.treesonwheels.com/prices

Retail about $1800 a tree for a root ball up to 12 thousand pounds.
Even at double that price, it would take more than 277 trees to reach 1/2% of the project cost.

AshaNeOmah

How much of that $250 Million was in demolition and site prep? Hogsmeade might have cost $80M less 10 years ago, but that was a reskin of an existing park area which was already accommodating guests. I know they built Forbidden Journey and the main buildings of Hogsmeade for that price, but it still wasn't demolishing backstage areas to upgrade them to a themed land.

lazyboy97o

How much of that $250 Million was in demolition and site prep? Hogsmeade might have cost $80M less 10 years ago, but that was a reskin of an existing park area which was already accommodating guests. I know they built Forbidden Journey and the main buildings of Hogsmeade for that price, but it still wasn't demolishing backstage areas to upgrade them to a themed land.
Hogsmead involved demolishing onstage facilities. It isn't going to cost tens of million to demolish warehouses.

twebber55

also not covering that gigantic building probably helps
i would never compare hogsmeade to a completely new rebuild

AshaNeOmah

Hogsmead involved demolishing onstage facilities. It isn't going to cost tens of million to demolish warehouses.

But it is going to cost tens of millions for infrastructure improvements that already existed in the Lost Continent. None of that existed for warehouses and parking lots.

Jones14

I don’t think Hogsmeade is quite a fair comparison. Much of the work for that was a retheme, including two of the three rides and the major eatery, as well as considering that a lot of infrastructure was already built. Hogsmeade as is from the ground up would have cost more.

That’s not to diminish the work (it saved Uni, after all), but I think Diagon (which is closer to TSL in both cost and overall scope*) is a better comparison.

*I am not saying I think they are matched in detail, but they were/are both “Tear it all down and start over” projects.

Rowlet

I understand the argument of Hogsmeade being a retheme but Universal must have (I'm assuming) spent a considerable amount of time doing R&D for FJ. Plus you have all the stores and all the intricate design details put into them. For TSL, you have a steel coaster that does require some design, but is not a game changer like FJ was. You also have a flat ride that already exists in a Disney park. TSM I don't even count since it's been there for ~10 years.

Glasgow

I find it hilarious and sad that only 18 of the 49 items on the "new" DHS guide map are related to attractions or characters - everything else is a shop or restaurant. Of those 18, only 4 (four!) are actual attractions, 11 are shows and 3 are M&Gs. 17 restaurants and 13 shops. Let those numbers sink in. Wow. Here's hoping that TSL and SWGE bring this place back to life and that there are future plans on the table!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom