Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

chiefs11

Yes, I have almost zero doubt it is a store. The question is, is it also the exit for TSMM.
It very well could be. . given the current layout of the existing TSMM track, I would think its new exit would have to loop around that end of the building, and Disney wouldn't pass up the opportunity for it to drop right into a store.

jensenrick

The complaining is nothing unusual. It's what happens here. Complain that Disney does nothing, then complain about what they do announce, then complain about how long it takes to build, then complain that it doesn't look exactly like the concept art and finally once it opens complain about long lines or the ride breaking down or gaps in theme. If all else fails complain about Brazilian tourists, FP+ or the weight of the average guest. And of course don't forget to complain about the Pixie Dusters who just accept everything Disney does and refuse to be miserable.

I just caught you up of several years of postings;). Welcome:)

SO very TRUE.
In fact, not only caught up, but a perfect predictor of the next couple of years of threads like this in particular. I'm thinking I will just set my alarm for two years from now, and check back in this thread then- see if anything real is being discussed since construction should have begun (save myself a lot of headache).

northmusic

Marvel can't come to WDW until they build a large enough slate of popular movies and characters then the ones that are already being used at Islands of Adventure. Right now they have Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy. I believe everything else is off the table.
Gotcha. I've never been to IOA, and wasn't aware something like that existed already. Makes sense.

NormC

Lasseter-wines.jpg

Mawg

My point is people on he's boards gripe about it.....
Well, the problem is they don't like 6 flags exposed steel coasters unless they are true to theme. Yes, mountains enable you to keep theme so they work well for Disney but there are cases where you don't need a mountain to keep theme. I think a backyard play track does a good job at keeping theme and can be exposed. We'll see as more concept art comes out, but I'm hoping for a nice long ride through some scenic toy adventures, it does not have to have a high thrill level but keep me entertained with some great themes and I'll be happy. Keep it true to the way kids build this stuff with supports being toy boxes, tinker toys and other random parts and it'll be great for the whole family.

Mawg

Well, the problem is they don't like 6 flags exposed steel coasters unless they are true to theme. Yes, mountains enable you to keep theme so they work well for Disney but there are cases where you don't need a mountain to keep theme. I think a backyard play track does a good job at keeping theme and can be exposed. We'll see as more concept art comes out, but I'm hoping for a nice long ride through some scenic toy adventures, it does not have to have a high thrill level but keep me entertained with some great themes and I'll be happy. Keep it true to the way kids build this stuff with supports being toy boxes, tinker toys and other random parts and it'll be great for the whole family.

sorry to quote myself, I would have preferred a MI door coaster but I'm not knocking this.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Ugh, you know what, I was right to avoid the threads after the announcements. Same agendas being pushed by the same people, hyperbole abounding, overstatements, arguing. Just another day in the News and Rumors section...

IMO, the Slinky Dog coaster, from the concept art, looks well themed. A Hot Wheels / K'nex coaster built in the back yard of a young child who dug trenches, set up blocks and other things for the coaster to go around. Exposed track makes sense in this respect. Somehow hiding the track would make less sense.
hqdefault.jpg

Does it make sense to give Toy Story it's own land? Sure! It's not "one movie", it's 3 (soon to be 4) movies, plus various shorts. It is not a land based on a movie, but one based on an entire mythology, a series of stories that have been told for 20 years. There are adults now who have literally grown up with the toys in Toy Story, not through one movie but a series of them. It makes as much sense to make a land out of Toy Story as it does any other property.

This land will most likely be a nice addition to a park sorely lacking in attractions for younger children.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

This land will most likely be a nice addition to a park sorely lacking in attractions for younger children.
Younger children that can ride a launch coaster, plus one real attraction with no height limits for kids.
If this is all they are adding for the younger set, then I don't think they have learned their lesson. I don't need kiddie rides, but the park does. Meet and greets only go so far, plus a lot of parents hate them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom