Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i thought we usually get every week? and ten days of construction? they can accomplish a lot.. i bet toy story land has its theming elements already. In the last aerials they were building the roof for alien spinning saucers..

Bioreconstruct has normally been doing every other weekend (although I think there was one case where they did two weekends in a row), so they are still on target if there are new aerials this weekend.

But, my overall point is we should manage our expectations since every other week aerials is a new thing. When Avatar started we routinely waited months between aerials...

.. and we had to walk up hill both ways in the snow to get them. ;)

G00fyDad

They just posted aerials 10 days ago. We have become spoiled with aerials recently, we used to only get them every couple months.

Untitled.jpg

Rutt

When looking at aerials for Avatarland we used to wait months between photos. Bioreconstruct is spoiling us.

Bioreconstruct has normally been doing every other weekend (although I think there was one case where they did two weekends in a row), so they are still on target if there are new aerials this weekend.

But, my overall point is we should manage our expectations since every other week aerials is a new thing. When Avatar started we routinely waited months between aerials...

.. and we had to walk up hill both ways in the snow to get them. ;)

Listen, my personal sense of entitlement tells me that you can't just set an expectation of constant updates and then not deliver. I demand updates. Dont care how, I want it now....

This exactly ;)

WDW_Jon

Anyone help on what opening 'summer 2018' could be?
June/July/August?
I only ask as looking to Book October 2018 travelling from the UK but not much availability AT ALL for my dates and wondered if it's very busy because of toy story?

Normally have no issue picking hotels etc 12/14 months in advance...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
June/July/August?
I only ask as looking to Book October 2018 travelling from the UK but not much availability AT ALL for my dates and wondered if it's very busy because of toy story?

TSL won't be affecting anything yet. Plus it'll be open well before then.

WDW_Jon

TSL won't be affecting anything yet. Plus it'll be open well before then.

Thanks, realise it will be open for 2/3 months by then you'd think but unsure why else it's so booked up currently...
I've never visited so close to something 'significant' opening before so was unsure how long it stays busy for based on a new attraction

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
June/July/August?

Considering how far the construction has gone, very speedily for Disney, and most likely because they know they're terribly light on rides... some are wondering if they could even be done before the end of the calendar year. Probably not.

But by 'summer', they probably mean the beginning of the tourist season summer which is Memorial Day. Disney likes to aim for that weekend for big openings, like they did with Pandora. And like, Pandora, they'll probably be done ahead of time and have a nice big window of invited guests (AP, DVC, cast) previews and soft openings.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Considering how far the construction has gone, very speedily for Disney, and most likely because they know they're terribly light on rides... some are wondering if they could even be done before the end of the calendar year. Probably not.

But by 'summer', they probably mean the beginning of the tourist season summer which is Memorial Day. Disney likes to aim for that weekend for big openings, like they did with Pandora. And like, Pandora, they'll probably be done ahead of time and have a nice big window of invited guests (AP, DVC, cast) previews and soft openings.
I'd reckon spring time.

June/July/August?

Don't say those things! Planning on going in October 2018!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom