Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

How can a subjective opinion be wrong?
It can't be, but, it can be factually wrong. There really are no such things as alternative facts. Even theories are based on factual matter. Personal tastes judgment are not really the driving force except in numbers. If the majority finds it to be a weak premise then it might just be, however, an individual opinion is just that, opinion and not a point of fact.

Movielover

Ok, since everyone is fine with an exposed coaster as long as "Andy" builds it. For Christmas I'm buying "Andy" this K'NEX kit.
5176a6e773845b1b022bafccce51c00d.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here, hope Disney see's this...

upload_2017-8-2_3-8-25.jpeg

Princess Leia

Only downside is how quickly it'll fade in the Florida sun. I know Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point finally got repainted last year. Maverick is still in need of it I believe, it was almost pink. But then again, it is a small coaster that is low to the ground so repainting shouldn't be as big of a deal as 90% of Cedar Point's rides.
I think Maverick looked okay when I was there on Saturday, but Power Tower was incredibly faded. Slinky will need a lot of upkeep if they want the colors to always look bright.

MissPixie

Every outdoor coaster needs upkeep with painting and this one will be no exception. Just like any other Disney ride there will be times that it is closed for periods of maintenance and touch ups. Disney isn't going to let it get to a faded red color.

Spike-in-Berlin

But Hulk and Rocket at Universal are a-ok right?

That's Universal, understand what I mean? We are not on an Universal Board here and that's the difference, we have Disney standards, not Universal ones. And Disney standards are not exposed coasters with a minimum theming, although it is of course very convenient for WDI to "blame" it on "Andy", that is so basic. The same with the Primeval Whirl BTW. So convenient to have increasingly themes that make adequate theming unneccessary, an increasing trend at WDI.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That's Universal, understand what I mean? We are not on a Universal Board here and that's the difference, we have Disney standards, not Universal ones. And Disney standards are not exposed coasters with a minimum theming, although it is of course very convenient for WDI to "blame" it on "Andy", that is so basic. The same with the Primeval Whirl BTW. So convenient to have increasingly themes that make adequate theming unneccessary, an increasing trend at WDI.
Yikes... not sure where to start with this one....

MichRX7

Premium Member
They could've enclosed it in a giant brown steel building and themed it to a cardboard box. Just imagine how beautiful a giant cardboard box would look in HWS. It would be in plain site and everything. But don't worry, it would be themed!

Actually I could totally see that being part of a "kid built in backyard" coaster. If I was building one as a kid I would make a tunnel out of some cardboard box I saw around the house.

Last edited:

Rutt

Thank You Princess Leia. This forum seems great. Just got back from WDW with my 2 year old son and boyfriend earlier this month. I hadn't been since I was 4 and it was the 1st time for the both of them. So essentially it was the first for all of us. Hope it was OK to follow you.
Welcome to the boards. If you enjoy the magic you may wanna tread carefully in the News Forum. A lot of grumpy goat to go around ;)

Rich T

Actually I could totally see that being part of a "kid built in backyard" coaster. If I was building one as a kid I would make a tunnel out of some cardboard box I saw around the house.
I know I'm not speaking for everyone, but if I was designing a theme park land, the theme "toys n' junk strewn around a back yard" would not make the list at all. Andy's suburban back yard is not a place I've ever wanted to visit. But, hey, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and the coaster looks fun (has anyone said anything about the forward view--or lack of--on this ride?). And as a big fan of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, I know the LGM ride is going to be a kick.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I know I'm not speaking for everyone, but if I was designing a theme park land, the theme "toys n' junk strewn around a back yard" would not make the list at all.

Eh, I have a different feel about it. Having watched multiple generations be thrilled with the original Toy Story, I believe the premise is perfectly imaginative and could be promising. The only way it could be better if they could do a Sid's backyard makeover during the Halloween months ala Haunted Mansion Holiday for a whole land.

Eh, I have a different feel about it. Having watched multiple generations be thrilled with the original Toy Story, I believe the premise is perfectly imaginative and could be promising. The only way it could be better if they could do a Sid's backyard makeover during the Halloween months ala Haunted Mansion Holiday for a whole land.
Now that would be something worth paying for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom