Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

I'm sorry for asking but I wasn't able to go through all 36 pages of the thread, does anyone have an overlay on google maps of what area of land this will encompass? I'm finding it hard to figure out by the concept art.

Its hard to say exactly since the art is obviously stylized. You can see where TSM is on the art to give you an idea of where the land is, though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With all that extra land left over their is a 99% they will be expanding with a new land or new rides! Hope it's a Cars Land! And I think Toy Story land looks amazing I don't see why everyone is complaining!?
The complaining is nothing unusual. It's what happens here. Complain that Disney does nothing, then complain about what they do announce, then complain about how long it takes to build, then complain that it doesn't look exactly like the concept art and finally once it opens complain about long lines or the ride breaking down or gaps in theme. If all else fails complain about Brazilian tourists, FP+ or the weight of the average guest. And of course don't forget to complain about the Pixie Dusters who just accept everything Disney does and refuse to be miserable.

I just caught you up of several years of postings;). Welcome:)

Shaman

By that addage you presumably think Chester & Hesters is prefect to, because that is exactly like a roadside carnival and thus matches it theme.

So far, I'd rate this announcement as 3/10 or a D-.
Very disappointing. They have the opportunity to do something mind blowing, but yet again they turn the dial down to absolute minimum and people lap it up.

Obviously we will wait and see, but with the strong rumours that Nintendo will be opening up the road at Universal in 2017 (thus probably before this) and hearing about the rumoured additions that will bring; it's clear where the smart people will be heading.

I think we got more than was expected. I know I did. We got concept art AND some specifics on both SW and TSL. More details will follow. If anyone thought more than that would be provided, then they set themselves up for disappointment. The insiders here were even telling folks not to expect anything major at D23.

With all that extra land left over their is a 99% they will be expanding with a new land or new rides! Hope it's a Cars Land! And I think Toy Story land looks amazing I don't see why everyone is complaining!?

I'd prefer Monstropolis over another Carsland. Or a small plot for the obligatory Cars attraction and Merch...with a bigger Monstropolis with a Door coaster and a Monsters Univ dark ride.

I think we got more than was expected. I know I did. We got concept art AND some specifics on both SW and TSL. More details will follow. If anyone thought more than that would be provided, then they set themselves up for disappointment. The insiders here were even telling folks not to expect anything major at D23.

I'd prefer Monstropolis over another Carsland. Or a small plot for the obligatory Cars attraction and Merch...with a bigger Monstropolis with a Door coaster and a Monsters Univ dark ride.
That would be pretty cool

Shaman

At DCA is there a Planes presence in or around Carsland? That would be a nice twist if they did something like that at DHS.

/armchairoff

wdwgreek

Having seen the Disneyland Paris toystory, and looking at this concept art, they share a theme and that's about it. The martain ride looks to be a new version Mater Junkyard Jamboree, and the sliky dog coaster is a hybrid and long looking 7 dwarfs, both of which are higher quality attractions then their nearest counterparts in either bugsland or DL Paris's Toystory land. go troll somewhere else.

note2001

Can't wait for it! Sad part is it will not be before 2021 at the soonest before all this is done :D

The extra time is needed so we can save up for passes. Selling a kidney these days is still a long, painful process with recovery time, and the market will be saturated with everyone trying to sell theirs at the same time to afford admission.

Last edited:

wdwgreek

The extra time is needed so we can save up for passes. Selling a kidney these days is still a painful process with recovery time and with everyone trying to sell theirs at the same time the market will be saturated.
Oh god, by that pint, i'll be out of law school for like three years, I haven't even started yet... I feel sick 2021....

note2001

Oh god, by that pint, i'll be out of law school for like three years, I haven't even started yet... I feel sick 2021....
Yeah, growing up stinks, and there are no lawyers in Andy's play time are there? :) You still have time to change your major: I believe 'One Eyed Bart' may be a good direction to go and still stay approximately in the same field (albeit on the other side of the law.)

OSUPhantom

I'm looking forward to what details come out as this project progresses although I was a little surprised it was only Toy Story that was announced. I figured that Pixar would have received a wider representation but there may still be plans they have to announce. I certainly hope that's the case but this addition will definitely help with the ride shortage.

ctrlaltdel

I'm looking forward to what details come out as this project progresses although I was a little surprised it was only Toy Story that was announced. I figured that Pixar would have received a wider representation but there may still be plans they have to announce. I certainly hope that's the case but this addition will definitely help with the ride shortage.
I'm certain there'll be more, but this is just the first announced for DHS. I firmly believe that there will be at least one more land added to DHS. Could be a while before they announce though.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney has taken 3 to 4 years on each of the recent big lands from ground breaking to completion . Carsland -3, NFL - 4 and Pandora projected to be 3. If they start on this by Jan 2016 I'm guessing 2019 unless they rush it. 2021 seems way to long to drag it out. They don't need to so any crazy rock work etc. So this land should be on the shorter end of the time table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom