Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

deWild

Honestly, and I know it's just me...I wish they did a Stitch version of Ride and Go seek where you find all of jumbas experiments. Kills all birds: Better ride, Stitch gets some justice, would need to be bigger than SRS so bye bye Monsters Inc in MK,they fully commit buzz to Toy Story land. I just wish

Wow, that doesn't sound half bad! I watched the ride-through of Ride and Go Seek the other day and was intrigued by the concept. Giving Stitch this kind of makeover might not seem futuristic enough for the hardcore fans, but I can definitely see major potential with most everyone else.

Omegadiz

Wow, that doesn't sound half bad! I watched the ride-through of Ride and Go Seek the other day and was intrigued by the concept. Giving Stitch this kind of makeover might not seem futuristic enough for the hardcore fans, but I can definitely see major potential with most everyone else.
Thanks. I've been thinking about it for years. It just, to me seems like a no brainier. Story wise, it would actually be more coherent than monsters inc. even if it's not at the expense of buzz, I wish they could do more justice to perhaps one of their more popular characters of the 21st century than a loathed seasonal attraction and a dance party

Kman101

Thanks. I've been thinking about it for years. It just, to me seems like a no brainier. Story wise, it would actually be more coherent than monsters inc. even if it's not at the expense of buzz, I wish they could do more justice to perhaps one of their more popular characters of the 21st century than a loathed seasonal attraction and a dance party

I've always thought Stitch should have been the ride. But I get the appeal Buzz has I suppose. Shooter games as rides just don't do it for me but I know many love them.

flyerjab

Bioreconstruct is at it again on Twitter. Does he own his own helicopter?

IMG_7615.JPG

RandySavage

Is there room for one more attraction to be put into this land eventually or will that never be a possibility?
Yes. On that note... if you look at the map on the entry board, it also doubles as the site plan for the land. Any future expansion could take place (in the surface parking lot) below the word "AYIKRAM", left of the area labeled "Closed Refinery"... Hint at a coaster through a reclaimed unobtanium refinery including close encounters with AA beasts?
Pandora site plan.png

EDIT: For some reason I thought I was looking at the Pandora thread, not Toy Story... my bad.

flyerjab

Technically yes. If it were to happen the space currently occupied by the two remaining training bungalows would be the most likely location. I'm not sure we will ever see that happen however with a land that has 3 attractions already.

I feel that way also. Although I am not a construction expert, park designer, or insider, I personally believe Disney's approach to what will be Star Wars Land will dictate how many other attractions populate any given "land" or expansion, especially in this park. IMHO, I feel that Star Wars is obviously looked at as the current premier IP, in terms of worldwide popularity and potential future growth both intellectually and monetarily. Having said that, I would expect them to treat it as such in their parks. I can't see Toy Story Land having anymore than 3 rides at most (I actually think we are lucky that we are getting 2 additional rides, the only thing limiting that is the fact that an expansion with only one ride would be pretty lame).

Toy Story Land won't overshadow what will become THE land in this park. Star Wars will be at the top of the theme park hierarchy in DHS. It will demand the most detailed level of theming and immersion possible; in fact, extending beyond what is typical in that story lines will be created by the individuals riding the attractions and these backgrounds will supposedly stay with them as they journey further into Star Wars Land. Additionally, the rides will be second to none, pretty much anywhere in WDW. Martin once said that the Imagineers are literally throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the Battle Escape ride, and the Falcon ride will be a simulator that you can control…meaning you control it…THE Millennium Falcon…only every fanboy and fangirl's dream since the 1970s.

Having said that, I would have been shocked if Toy Story Land got more than it will have, even at the level of carnival, off-the-shelf type rides. Although this seems to confound many on these very forums, up until now TSMM has been the most popular attraction in DHS, so much so that they expanded it. Now they are adding a family coaster and a spinner ride. The coaster, again IMHO, looks like it will be a fun family coaster along the lines of 7DMT in terms of length, albeit with 2 launches (something that I will love). And the alien spinner ride is modeled from a functional standpoint after Mater's in Cars Land, an EXTREMELY popular flat ride in DCA. I actually think that from a ride perspective this land will do just fine. I never expected it to have 4, 5 or 6 rides, even if they were of a smaller variety. In this park, Star Wars will be at the top of the food chain.

Having said all this (and sorry, I know my posts are wordy to say the least), they really missed out on theming, since Chapek supposedly cut the budget. How nice would it have been to have the level of theming present in the first round of concept art, or to have a Woody's Roundup area? How about a nice TS with a western themed show? This is where they backed off (and they shouldn't have!). This land could have been a great compliment for when Star Wars Land opens. Now? I think it is a bit shallow, and the decrease in overall theming will unfortunately stick out a bit sitting next to what might arguably become the most popular theme park land in Orlando (sorry Harry).

Kman101

I feel that way also. Although I am not a construction expert, park designer, or insider, I personally believe Disney's approach to what will be Star Wars Land will dictate how many other attractions populate any given "land" or expansion, especially in this park. IMHO, I feel that Star Wars is obviously looked at as the current premier IP, in terms of worldwide popularity and potential future growth both intellectually and monetarily. Having said that, I would expect them to treat it as such in their parks. I can't see Toy Story Land having anymore than 3 rides at most (I actually think we are lucky that we are getting 2 additional rides, the only thing limiting that is the fact that an expansion with only one ride would be pretty lame).

Toy Story Land won't overshadow what will become THE land in this park. Star Wars will be at the top of the theme park hierarchy in DHS. It will demand the most detailed level of theming and immersion possible; in fact, extending beyond what is typical in that story lines will be created by the individuals riding the attractions and these backgrounds will supposedly stay with them as they journey further into Star Wars Land. Additionally, the rides will be second to none, pretty much anywhere in WDW. Martin once said that the Imagineers are literally throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the Battle Escape ride, and the Falcon ride will be a simulator that you can control…meaning you control it…THE Millennium Falcon…only every fanboy and fangirl's dream since the 1970s.

Having said that, I would have been shocked if Toy Story Land got more than it will have, even at the level of carnival, off-the-shelf type rides. Although this seems to confound many on these very forums, up until now TSMM has been the most popular attraction in DHS, so much so that they expanded it. Now they are adding a family coaster and a spinner ride. The coaster, again IMHO, looks like it will be a fun family coaster along the lines of 7DMT in terms of length, albeit with 2 launches (something that I will love). And the alien spinner ride is modeled from a functional standpoint after Mater's in Cars Land, an EXTREMELY popular flat ride in DCA. I actually think that from a ride perspective this land will do just fine. I never expected it to have 4, 5 or 6 rides, even if they were of a smaller variety. In this park, Star Wars will be at the top of the food chain.

Having said all this (and sorry, I know my posts are wordy to say the least), they really missed out on theming, since Chapek supposedly cut the budget. How nice would it have been to have the level of theming present in the first round of concept art, or to have a Woody's Roundup area? How about a nice TS with a western themed show? This is where they backed off (and they shouldn't have!). This land could have been a great compliment for when Star Wars Land opens. Now? I think it is a bit shallow, and the decrease in overall theming will unfortunately stick out a bit sitting next to what might arguably become the most popular theme park land in Orlando (sorry Harry).

Nothing to add except very well said and ITA. And don't apologize for the wordy posts I enjoy them!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's always knocking down the parking garage, or, taking over One Man's Dream and the space behind it. A dark ride could go in those spaces with a tunnel entrance leading to them through the 'fence'.

WDW razed a significant portion of back lot (the ride and real back lot) to make room for the two new lands. It costs a lot to do so and there's a lot of infrastructure to relocate, but, in the end, if DHS is going to be a hub and spoke set of themed lands, it will have to come to pass sooner or later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom