Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

djdan888

Have any details about slinky dog coaster come out from Disney yet? To me, the carts would have to act like a slinky dog. The slinky dog toy opens and closes like an accordion, getting larger and smaller. will we get any of that type movement on the ride as well? That could add a whole new dimension.

Rodan75

It's still impressive to have three new lands open in three consecutive years. By Disney's standards anyway.

100% But TSL won't give them the same awe and wonder as Pandora has. But it does add some much needed outdoor energy to a park that desperately needs it. And looks like it will be a great overall land with TSMM, Alien Spin and Slinky, I kinda hope they do a little Woody's Roundup stage (like the size of the Tomorrowland Stage, but themed appropriately) to add to the energy of the land.

Goofyernmost

I think this land is going to be neat, but with Pandora opening this year, TSL is going up against impossible comparisons.
I think that they will both, SWL and Pandora, hold their own. I know this will be a shock, but, not everyone is a SW fan. Yes, I know, blasphemy, but there it is. Both will be popular if for nothing else the vast difference in their messages. Star Wars is all about violence and death. Pandora is all about tranquility and concern for important things. They will both have their ardent fans. Anything new will take from what is already there, but, not forever. All will be well in the kingdoms.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Have any details about slinky dog coaster come out from Disney yet? To me, the carts would have to act like a slinky dog. The slinky dog toy opens and closes like an accordion, getting larger and smaller. will we get any of that type movement on the ride as well? That could add a whole new dimension.
I've been thinking the same thing! They created swaying carts to 7DMT, could they create a coaster that stretches and shrinks?

Goofyernmost

Something with more than 1.5 attractions.
You're the historian and frankly, I don't know the answer, but, what are the chances that many of Disney's Lands started with only a few attractions and if not were more then just one IP? That makes it tougher. They were somewhat similar, like Fantasyland or Adventure land, but, they didn't have one message or identity. I don't think we can ever call anything in DHS a specific land, and never really could. It was all under one heading and that was movies. So the park was a land with a bunch of different stories within... isn't that what it will remain even when it is all done? DAK comes the closest to having MK style lands and even Epcot had only two lands, so would that make it less then a theme park?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You're the historian and frankly, I don't know the answer, but, what are the chances that many of Disney's Lands started with only a few attractions and if not were more then just one IP? That makes it tougher. They were somewhat similar, like Fantasyland or Adventure land, but, they didn't have one message or identity. I don't think we can ever call anything in DHS a specific land, and never really could. It was all under one heading and that was movies. So the park was a land with a bunch of different stories within... isn't that what it will remain even when it is all done? DAK comes the closest to having MK style lands and even Epcot had only two lands, so would that make it less then a theme park?
For something called a "land"' in an established park it's lacklustre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom