Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

So then that matches where I said "if they double Firechaser (which would be 1500 in that scenario) it gets the total increase for the land to 2850. Which is 20% less than DA's estimate.
But phenomenal for a family land. Star Wars Land should have a higher capacity.

DinoInstitute

Ok, so I finally caught up on this thread and have a few thoughts after looking at the concept art and details released.

image.jpg

-there's been some talk about this area, most likely some sort of food place. To me I kind of think it looks like a lunch box, so maybe that could be the theme? And I also think it's quick service, considering the tables don't really looked connected to the structure, plus idk just the look of it seems like something you'd walk up to.

image.jpg

-also a lot of thought on what this could be. My initial feeling says meet and greet, though I wonder if M&Gs are going to be dispersed throughout the land (such as buzz meeting over by aliens, woody over in the western area, etc.). So if not that, then I think a gift shop. Though just a guess of course.

image.jpg

-Old western "woodsy round up" area I guess? Seems like a nice touch! I definitely could see a full gable service restaurant here, maybe a M&G, most likely some sort of souvenir shop. But there seems to be a lot of space in these show buildings, so maybe there's something else planned...though unlikely anything major.

image.jpg

-this building was talked about a bit a few pages back... Seems like the general consensus is that it's aliens queue. It's pretty big, but I'm ok with that, as that means no tedious, compacted switchback queue for this like many other flat rides.

image.jpg

-this building got quite a bit of buzz...most likely a gift shop. I know a lot of you were saying that it can't be al's because it doesn't fit with the theme, plus it has a handel on top. Well, whether or not it is themed to als or not, it looks just like it, especially with the mill on the right side with the cow on top
image.jpg

A few other thoughts-

-It seems like the construction timetable is the biggest question now. And there's a lot to do before they can start, between demolition and moving important backstage stuff (though, they've had almost a year to do that, so I'd really hope soon..)

-there's been a lot of talk about more lands coming soon after this. I mean, I know no more than you guys, but there kinda has to be, right? How does the park make any sense otherwise? If the new direction the park is going in is letting you "live and experience the movies", like it's looking like it is with the two announced lands, they'll need more than toy story and Star Wars. At least two more IP themed lands back there will be needed IMO. They'll probably both be Pixar, which is fine. Though I'd kinda like to see one Pixar and one muppets...

-does anyone have any blueprints of the TSMM layout? I'm curious how having an entrance in the back will affect the current queue. Plus, will there be a lot of downtime needed for mania to finish this up? I'd imagine they'd wait till the very end to close mania... Plus, there's no way they'd have both Star Tours and Midway Mania closed at the same time, so Star Wars construction probably won't start until this opens.

-I'm excited! :D lol sorry for such a long post but I have so many thoughts on this :p

ToTBellHop

Ok, so I finally caught up on this thread and have a few thoughts after looking at the concept art and details released.

View attachment 106203
-there's been some talk about this area, most likely some sort of food place. To me I kind of think it looks like a lunch box, so maybe that could be the theme? And I also think it's quick service, considering the tables don't really looked connected to the structure, plus idk just the look of it seems like something you'd walk up to.

View attachment 106205
-also a lot of thought on what this could be. My initial feeling says meet and greet, though I wonder if M&Gs are going to be dispersed throughout the land (such as buzz meeting over by aliens, woody over in the western area, etc.). So if not that, then I think a gift shop. Though just a guess of course.

View attachment 106206
-Old western "woodsy round up" area I guess? Seems like a nice touch! I definitely could see a full gable service restaurant here, maybe a M&G, most likely some sort of souvenir shop. But there seems to be a lot of space in these show buildings, so maybe there's something else planned...though unlikely anything major.

View attachment 106207
-this building was talked about a bit a few pages back... Seems like the general consensus is that it's aliens queue. It's pretty big, but I'm ok with that, as that means no tedious, compacted switchback queue for this like many other flat rides.

View attachment 106209
-this building got quite a bit of buzz...most likely a gift shop. I know a lot of you were saying that it can't be al's because it doesn't fit with the theme, plus it has a handel on top. Well, whether or not it is themed to als or not, it looks just like it, especially with the mill on the right side with the cow on top
View attachment 106211

A few other thoughts-

-It seems like the construction timetable is the biggest question now. And there's a lot to do before they can start, between demolition and moving important backstage stuff (though, they've had almost a year to do that, so I'd really hope soon..)

-there's been a lot of talk about more lands coming soon after this. I mean, I know no more than you guys, but there kinda has to be, right? How does the park make any sense otherwise? If the new direction the park is going in is letting you "live and experience the movies", like it's looking like it is with the two announced lands, they'll need more than toy story and Star Wars. At least two more IP themed lands back there will be needed IMO. They'll probably both be Pixar, which is fine. Though I'd kinda like to see one Pixar and one muppets...

-does anyone have any blueprints of the TSMM layout? I'm curious how having an entrance in the back will affect the current queue. Plus, will there be a lot of downtime needed for mania to finish this up? I'd imagine they'd wait till the very end to close mania... Plus, there's no way they'd have both Star Tours and Midway Mania closed at the same time, so Star Wars construction probably won't start until this opens.

-I'm excited! :D lol sorry for such a long post but I have so many thoughts on this :p
image.jpg

Queue takes up the bulk of the left side and abuts the new track. Easy enough to send the new queue initially through the new building and connect into the current queue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

View attachment 106203

View attachment 106205

View attachment 106206

View attachment 106207

View attachment 106209
View attachment 106211

A few other thoughts-

Good catch on the lunch box, I think you are right, I didn't notice that initially.

I think the barn is influenced by Al's and this...

barn.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Dear WondersOfLife,

Thank you for your post. As the self-appointed president of the Universe of Energy Society, we are currently advocating for a reimagined Energy Pavilion, inspired by present-day ideas and issues. We welcome your support and would appreciate an end to the discussion of its razing.

Best regards,
SpaceMountain77
President
Universe of Energy Society
200.gif

BrianLo

View attachment 106205

It's a washroom. Not glamorous I know, but a land necessitates one.

Here it is in Hong Kong Disneyland:

hong-kong-disneyland-magic-tour-03.jpg

6509666047_46613363fc.jpg

SNS

Funnily enough...

Thank you so much. That video answered so many things I have wondered for years.

Yes it is a part of the Original tour. The soundstages used for TSM is where The New Mickey Mouse Club was filmed and as you continued to walk onto the catwalk it entered where the Narnia/Sparrow attraction was.

Looking back, I have probably been in that catwalk when it was used for the Backstage Pass but I rarely got to go to the attraction. Did that catwalk looked like the other one (TV screens on the top)?

BrianLo

Call me déclassé, but that with worthwhile rides looks fun to me. Building that with Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch was wonderful. Our upgraded version will be wonderful with Star Wars Land and Only-Bob-Knows Land.

I'm a big proponent of the fact that it actually works in Hong Kong, and does not in Paris. I have a feeling those who are particularly hard on it have only been inside Paris. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just so dreary by comparison at WDS.

DSC03996.jpg~original

ToTBellHop

I'm a big proponent of the fact that it actually works in Hong Kong, and does not in Paris. I have a feeling those who are particularly hard on it have only been inside Paris. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just so dreary by comparison at WDS.

DSC03996.jpg~original
Are the land's identical? It looks somehow...less.

BrianLo

Are the land's identical? It looks somehow...less.

They are fairly similar. It might just be Paris' climate doesn't lend itself well to the look. Florida is at least tropical.

There is a je ne sais quois with Hong Kong's version.

I have a good feeling Florida's will actually be well received outside of the theme park snobs, especially considering all three of its attractions are more compelling than HKDL/WDS.

MarkTwain

I agree - I just mean that it's a bigger risk to invest so heavily in a yet-unproven one than to just all out doing Tatooine or one that already has decades of love behind it.

Imagine what would have happened they announced plans in 1998 for a huge land built around Jar Jar Binks' home town . . .

I'm still trying to gather all my thoughts on the Star Wars lands, but this was one of my first reactions too.

It's premature to say what the land or even Episode VII itself will include, but it's hard to imagine a Star Wars Land without Darth Vader, Tatooine, or Yoda. Beyond just being bold, it seems even foolish to exclude those elements regardless of how successful the new movie is. They're so central and iconic to the franchise as a whole, which the new movie is just a small part of.

It'd be as if Universal decided to build their first Harry Potter-themed land completely after the upcoming Newt Scamander movies, completely ignoring Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and Harry himself. Even if the movies are good, they'd be excluding a huge portion of that universe.

I'm hoping the rumors of a cantina restaurant are true, meaning we might get a "blended" land... maybe primarily based on one of the new planets but with elements of the others mixed in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom