Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

WDW862

Toy Story Land aerial photos.

Attachments

• NJL_1586.jpg
    NJL_1586.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 271

ToTBellHop

What is the parking deck was painted sky blue with toy story style cartoon clouds? Could work.

Also I wish we were getting an RC Racer. It's a simple but still fun ride. And the park needs the capacity.
What capacity? That ride has god-awful capacity and it's the reason we are getting a real roller coaster. A single car, single train coaster that can only see a few hundred guests on a good hour (no wheelchairs!) will not work when DHS is seeing 11 million (or more) guests once SWL opens.

DinoInstitute

What capacity? That ride has god-awful capacity and it's the reason we are getting a real roller coaster. A single car, single train coaster that can only see a few hundred guests on a good hour (no wheelchairs!) will not work when DHS is seeing 11 million (or more) guests once SWL opens.
True, but (and I think this is what OP meant) it would still be nice to get it on top of what we already are as that would make capacity greater.
And I mean, if they really cared about capacity like they should, we wouldn't be getting what we are in the first place. It should be a large dark ride in place of the coaster really.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone know how they are going to hide that parking structure behind the slinky dog coaster maintenance building?

We were discussing this in another thread. There isn't much space between the coaster and the garage to build something to hide it, and I don't think they could play trees dense enough in that space. I think they may cover the whole side of the parking structure with a background mural of some sort and then put some trees in front of it.

P_Radden

We were discussing this in another thread. There isn't much space between the coaster and the garage to build something to hide it, and I don't think they could play trees dense enough in that space. I think they may cover the whole side of the parking structure with a background mural of some sort and then put some trees in front of it.
This has been one of the biggest questions I've had since this project was announced and it was determined where TSL would go. Even if they do a big mural and some trees, I can't help but think it will still stand out and be an eyes sore. It's just so dang big and so close to TSL. TDO must really need/use that structure for them to have kept it.

wdwgreek

True, but (and I think this is what OP meant) it would still be nice to get it on top of what we already are as that would make capacity greater.
And I mean, if they really cared about capacity like they should, we wouldn't be getting what we are in the first place. It should be a large dark ride in place of the coaster really.
I can't imagine the RC racer Swinging ship esque ride would be that expensive to build nor would it take up that much space. I certainly wouldn't be opposed for that being thrown in, 800 people an hour is helpful, while admittedly not ideal.

Phicinfan

ok trees don't work. This is a land where you are supposed to be toy sized in his back yard. The trees would have to be HUGE to keep the effect going. My guess will be some kind of fake wall, maybe to look like fence or some such?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom