Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Wait...no ToT?!
What's happened?
It was taken down a couple weeks back apparently. Disney was getting tired of all the nasty Guardians of the Tower rumors so they decided to wipe the whole area clean.

Here's a photo about midway through its removal on 5/1/16:

pdt516684SMALL.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

They have cleared the land but it's more of a mound than a hole at the moment. I think they are waiting for the conveyor to be installed to start removing the dirt and that won't be until August if I remember correctly.
From now to August- will this be the time where it's site prep for the construction of TSL and SWL. Will both projects be working at the same time? It looks like TSL will be the easier land of the two.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They have cleared the land but it's more of a mound than a hole at the moment. I think they are waiting for the conveyor to be installed to start removing the dirt and that won't be until August if I remember correctly.

The laydown area is supposed to start in August, the permit for the conveyor has been approved and someone mentioned seeing the equipment on site already.

roj2323

From now to August- will this be the time where it's site prep for the construction of TSL and SWL. Will both projects be working at the same time? It looks like TSL will be the easier land of the two.

Yes both projects will be going on at the same time but focus will be on TSL at first since that will be opening first and it's a simpler project really. The parking lot project will also be going on at the same time. It's really going to be a lot like the Disney springs project where they had multiple projects all going on at the same time. From a Disney construction nerd perspective I'll be in heaven for the next couple of years but from a normal guest perspective the park is going to be a mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom