Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fox&Hound

this makes more sense now. i was trying to wrap my head around how this land would work out with the current entrance to TSMM being where it is. Looks like they are moving the entrance to the side of the building (in between the current show building and where the Jack Sparrow attraction was?).

That's how I see it. I don't think we will have access to the current path that leads to the Toy Story entrance. I think all of that, the M&G area, etc will be backstage. Doesn't it seem like the entrance and exit for the the newly expanded Midway Mania will be into the new land? Any info on this?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's how I see it. I don't think we will have access to the current path that leads to the Toy Story entrance. I think all of that, the M&G area, etc will be backstage. Doesn't it seem like the entrance and exit for the the newly expanded Midway Mania will be into the new land? Any info on this?

That's what it looks like.

MerlinTheGoat

Anyways since I haven't posted my opinions yet. This ended up seeming at least a bit better than the other versions of Toy Story Playland at least. Definitely still not an ideal situation though. And yes Cars Land is worlds better (to those spouting that earlier in the thread). Don't even see how anyone could possibly argue that this is on its level, it's insulting.

I very much hope this isn't the only Pixar stuff to come, and that there are more impressive plans ahead. I'm pretty excited about the Star Wars stuff, but that's not going to fill the park out with the impressive quality rides we really want and need.

Fox&Hound

There is still the whole catastrophe canyon and LMA/SoA area so there will be more to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if down the road they announce a cars ride is coming and FLo's diner. No inside info, but I can totally see Disney wanting to stay in the headlines and not reveal their entire hand right now.

mousehockey37

I also caught onto them saying about being able to meet with more characters. Is it possible that they could try having roaming characters within Toy Story Land? I know it goes against everything WDW right now, but it would be a nice touch. Not like there's a M&G for getting pictures and interacting with the Green Army Men...

andysol

I might be the only one- but I actually wish they would've incorporated RC Racers and even Toy Soldier Parachute drop. RC is a fun little ride, and the two of them cost practically nothing to add them to the mix- both in cost (~$50 mil) and footprint.
It would have been great for adding more capacity and really fleshed this out to an area with little to no waits (outside of the coaster which is likely to be 7DMT brutal).

Overall, I really like it. And I, too, am like the others and hope they create another Pixar area. I'm also very very glad they didn't do cars land. I like uniqueness where I can get it for WDW and DL.

mousehockey37

Wow, the thread was started up today and there's already 15 pages...

I just hope this isn't the only PIXAR that the park will be getting. The Toy Story stuff looks great, but how about using the room left over for a Monsters Inc. ride?

Ooo... We forgot about that. Take Buzz out of the MK and bring the Laugh Floor over to DHS!!!!

Leaves some more room for Tomorrowland stuff in the actual Tomorrowland area of the park... Interesting concept huh?

Donald Razorduck

That art work sure seems like more than a coaster and another ride. It sure looks like a flat or two more in there. I actually hope there is one or two. The parachute drop would be nice

Bairstow

That art work sure seems like more than a coaster and another ride. It sure looks like a flat or two more in there. I actually hope there is one or two. The parachute drop would be nice

Nothing else has been confirmed yet.
Could be they're saving some cheap stuff for "phase 2" openings since the Star Wars stuff is probably going to take a decade to build.

bakntime

So this land will serve a nice purpose in filling in what was a park with a distinct lack of attractions aimed at families with younger children. It will serve a similar purpose as Bug's Land at DCA or Suess Island at IOA, and it seems like it will be a fun area.

That being said, and bearing in mind that I'm definitely one of the less critical folks around, let me express my mild disappointment that there's no Ratatouille/MysticManor equivalent coming as part of this, because an Incredibles (or even Toy Story) LPS/trackless ride would have been reeeeally cool.

matt9112

Nothing else has been confirmed yet.
Could be they're saving some cheap stuff for "phase 2" openings since the Star Wars stuff is probably going to take a decade to build.

My two cents.....parachute drop would destroy some sight lines....leave it be.

Why is there even discussion about this and carsland? Would it be nice to get cars land? Maybe. Than again this is a giant leap in the right direction. Done right this can be a fun emersive place. The coaster looks very promising and is being overlooked by many of the negative nancys IMO.

Let disney prove they grew a brain cell.
(Drops mic)

ToTBellHop

So this land will serve a nice purpose in filling in what was a park with a distinct lack of attractions aimed at families with younger children. It will serve a similar purpose as Bug's Land at DCA or Suess Island at IOA, and it seems like it will be a fun area.

That being said, and bearing in mind that I'm definitely one of the less critical folks around, let me express my mild disappointment that there's no Ratatouille/MysticManor equivalent coming as part of this, because an Incredibles (or even Toy Story) LPS/trackless ride would have been reeeeally cool.
Look toward Star Wars Land for your LPS :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom