Toy Story Double Feature TV Spot (aka why Pixar is AWESOME)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I can't wait to go! It is releasing on my first full weekend off in months. I fully intend to go see it that Sunday. I can't wait!

catinthehat

I never got a chance to see the second one in the theater and NO ONE has seen them in 3D! Should be outstanding, I mean TS1 put Pixar on the map. And considering you are only paying for one film - you basically get to see TS2 for FREE!

EpcotServo

Oh how far we've come!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz2wyBy3kc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz2wyBy3kc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So while looking down Pixar Memory lane, where were YOU when Toy Story came out?

My family drove hours across Florida to get to a special Sneak Preview of the new movie (See the first Five Pixar films before opening achievement unlocked.) and I still vividly remember driving hours through the boggy Florida night, reliving the final chase scene in my head over and over again and how stunning it looked, and I since I was 5 I can safely say it was the first Movie that "WOWED" me so much I can still remember seeing it in a Theatre.
:lol:

nearly 14 years later, and Pixar still hasn't made a film that isn't special for me!
:sohappy:

Your turn! Toy Story Memories!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Oh how far we've come!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz2wyBy3kc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

So while looking down Pixar Memory lane, where were YOU when Toy Story came out?

My family drove hours across Florida to get to a special Sneak Preview of the new movie (See the first Five Pixar films before opening achievement unlocked.) and I still vividly remember driving hours through the boggy Florida night, reliving the final chase scene in my head over and over again and how stunning it looked, and I since I was 5 I can safely say it was the first Movie that "WOWED" me so much I can still remember seeing it in a Theatre.

nearly 14 years later, and Pixar still hasn't made a film that isn't special for me!

I was 11 when Toy Story came out. After we got rid of everyone after Thanksgiving my mom insisted we go see the movie. Of course I was totally mortified that my mom was dragging me to a kiddie movie. After all, I was a snotty middle schooler and this was SO uncool. Like, what if someone saw me there?! I would die! :lookaroun :lol:

I still loved all things Disney at this point in my life, but I didn't exactly advertise it to my friends. I remember being curious about the movie, but I would have much preferred seeing it in the safety of my own living room. She did eventually convince me to go. I can now report that my life was not ruined that evening since we didn't encounter anyone I knew. I of course loved the movie (and I still do!) but I doubt I ever let my mom know that. :lol:

EpcotServo

I was 11 when Toy Story came out. After we got rid of everyone after Thanksgiving my mom insisted we go see the movie. Of course I was totally mortified that my mom was dragging me to a kiddie movie. After all, I was a snotty middle schooler and this was SO uncool. Like, what if someone saw me there?! I would die! :lookaroun :lol:

I still loved all things Disney at this point in my life, but I didn't exactly advertise it to my friends. I remember being curious about the movie, but I would have much preferred seeing it in the safety of my own living room. She did eventually convince me to go. I can now report that my life was not ruined that evening since we didn't encounter anyone I knew. I of course loved the movie (and I still do!) but I doubt I ever let my mom know that. :lol:

GoCamels

Ahhh memories...I was a little older than a lot of you, 22 in fact, doing the college thing, saw it on a basketball road trip in Atlanta...and was just amazed then, as I am at EVERY Pixar movie how far they have come with the technology...I think Im more excited about the double feature thing then my kids.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

A similar scene occurred when Toy Story 2 came out in 1999. I was now in high school and it was even more mortifying to been seen at the movies with your mom. That was like total social suicide. Once again, I went with her but under much protest.

What a difference 10 years makes. When Toy Story 3 comes out I will probably be knocking over small children and elderly women to get a good seat in the theater. Additionally, I will probably be alone when I go see it....something that would have been unfathomable to me as a teenager. :lol:

Testtrack321

Original Poster
I remember going to see the movie in theaters somewhat. I mostly remember The Lion King screening since we went to Chi-Chi's before and WE NEVER WENT TO CHI-CHI'S! :ROFLOL:

Anyone also notice how the original logo's colors were switched around?

EPCOT Explorer

Oh how far we've come!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz2wyBy3kc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYz2wyBy3kc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I remember seeing that promo and getting really excited! :lol: I was also kinda wierded out by the style of it...I was so used to traditional animation.

No real story, save for the fact that I saw the movie with my Aunt and Uncle, and loved it to death.:lol: I remember going to the Disney Store after the movie and wanting to get the figures...and more importantly, the big Buzz.:lol: My Aunt being the generous person she is, obliged, but made me promise that I would save up for the rest.:lol: I did. Woody came home with us about a month later.

Still have them both.:eek:

catinthehat

I remember going to see it with my parents and thinking that the animation was outstanding. That and Woody was my favorite character - just loved him and still do! I mean can you really think of anyone else besides Tom Hanks that could have done a better job? Any other favorite characters?

Less than a week til Oct 2nd! If there was ever a time to get advanced tickets, I'd say this is it!

testtrack321 - the logo looks the same to me. It's the classic yellow writing with the blue outline and red background around 'story,' right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom