Toy Story and Soarin Rumors

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also important to note that this is on a timeline of less than 1 year for demolition/construction to begin

Are you saying construction will be complete in less than 1 year or it won't start for close to a year? If it's the latter, any idea when the project is expected to be complete?

Are you saying construction will be complete in less than 1 year or it won't start for close to a year? If it's the latter, any idea when the project is expected to be complete?
That would be awesome if it was done in a year but no that's when it's supposed to start as of the last iv been told..... Also as stated before I cannot confirm what's going into this space so I have not heard a completion date.... Switch to my assumptions: IF it is Star Wars land then I'd probably say based on avatar 2-maybe even 5 years.... If it's something else depending on if it will be a new land or if they are adding small things for a big area then I would expect a New Fantasyland style of phased openings in the next 2-3 years

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That would be awesome if it was done in a year but no that's when it's supposed to start as of the last iv been told..... Also as stated before I cannot confirm what's going into this space so I have not heard a completion date.... Switch to my assumptions: IF it is Star Wars land then I'd probably say based on avatar 2-maybe even 5 years.... If it's something else depending on if it will be a new land or if they are adding small things for a big area then I would expect a New Fantasyland style of phased openings in the next 2-3 years
OK, I was mixing up projects. I thought you were talking about the 3rd track for Toy Story. I agree that SW Land would probably be more like 2019 or 2020 opening. Any idea how long the TSMM additional track will take? Will they have to take the ride down for an extended period or can they keep it open during construction?

OK, I was mixing up projects. I thought you were talking about the 3rd track for Toy Story. I agree that SW Land would probably be more like 2019 or 2020 opening. Any idea how long the TSMM additional track will take? Will they have to take the ride down for an extended period or can they keep it open during construction?
I haven't heard any start or end dates only that's it confirmed happening and I haven't heard any FACTS for how it will work but I've heard people talking about they would build it in soundstage 1 then when it's ready they would close TSMM so that they could change the line and take down some walls so that would leave minimal impact on TSMM closing it for a few days... Note that's not confirmed

BrerJon

One D-Ticket to replace a D-Ticket, plus lots of infrastructure. Yes, I always went to WDW for the themed bathrooms. Yawn.

I found these YouTube videos this morning, and it's shocking how much WDW used to expand and build stuff. It makes today's Universal look restrained and hesitant.

In 1987 guests looked forward to, opening within two years, the Disney-MGM Studios, Typhoon Lagoon, the Grand Floridian, the Norway Pavilion, Illuminations and Pleasure Island.

In 1990 you had the Swan, the Boardwalk, the Yacht & Beach Club, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, and a massive expansion of Disney-MGM Studios that dwarfs New Fantasyland (and two EPCOT pavilions but they got Hyperion Wharfed).

So fast forward to today, what do we have to look forward to? Disney Springs Mall, Pandora at DAK, mauling of the Polynesian to add DVC rooms, a Maelstrom revamp and Soarin' and Toy Story increasing their capacity. Even if a massive expansion of DHS is announced, it still all pales in comparison to what they got up to 25 years ago, when Disney was nowhere near one of the richest companies in the world and didn't have cash reserves anything close to what it has now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom