Toy Story 4

5thGenTexan

I wonder if they’ll go this route with Frozen 2. If so, it may end up being better than the first.

Anyways, I can’t be more excited for this film... and wait a minute... is it just me or does Gabby Gabby’s hencemen look an awful lot like Slappy the Dummy from Goosebumps?

One of my kids pointed that out about the likeness to Slappy. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'll take two and a half days to watch all of Games of Thrones, but, going beyond four and a half hours of Toy Story characters is beyond the pale!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not all stories need the same amount of run time to be told.

All series pass their prime at some point.

True. But drawing a line at four and a half hours and simply saying "that's enough" because "look how much that is" isn't really a cogent reason for why that's enough.

Animaniac93-98

True. But drawing a line at four and a half hours and simply saying "that's enough" because "look how much that is" isn't really a cogent reason for why that's enough.

Nobody is saying that.

We're saying that the story has already had a satisfying conclusion. We don't need a 4th, 5th or 6th Toy Story any more than we need a 3rd Brother Bear.

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

This trailer was very been there done that. I do hope there is more to it than just the toys need to find their way home, again. Aside from them questioning what's the meaning of being a toy.
Unfortunately, I agree. Not that it doesn't look good, it just doesn't look like a fresh TS tale. I'm getting a strong TS 2/3 mashup vibe. I hope I'm wrong, of course, and the trailer is complete misdirection of the actual story.

I do give them propos for using " God Only Knows," as I consider that one of the most beautiful pop songs ever recorded.

Phroobar

This movie feels like a remake of Toy Story 2. Woody get separated from the group trying to rescue someone. He meets a new group of toys that try to make him stay. Buzz goes to rescue Woody. Woody learns the importance of being loved by a child. Bo Peep is definitely the bad guy here.

brb1006

Apparently Figment from Journey Into Imagination will have a cameo in this film. According to an Drew Taylor's interview with the director Josh Cooley from the Fine Tooning Podcast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom