Toy Story 4 (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been thinking of a fourth Toy Story movie. If given a time in which to release the movie, it would be sometime in 2014. Obviously, it would pick up where Toy Story 3 leaves off. I actually revived the old third movie plot idea and slightly added to it, so it was not really that difficult to create the plot. Here's a piece of concept art from the abandoned idea (just replace the 3 with a 4): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/ToyStory3PromoImage.jpg/240px-ToyStory3PromoImage.jpg.

Anyway, here's the bare-bones plot (at least right now):

Woody and the gang notice that Buzz Lightyear is acting all weird and on the fritz. So they have him sent back to Taiwan, where he was built, to be repaired, certain that he will be fixed there.

But when days pass and they receive no news on Buzz being fixed up, they notice on the Internet that millions other Buzz Lightyear toys worldwide are also malfunctioning and the company has issued a massive recall.

Fearing Buzz's destruction, Woody, Jessie and the rest of Andy's toys set off on a daring rescue mission to save Buzz. At the same time, Buzz meets other toys from all over the world that were once loved but have now been recalled. They don't know that they are being recalled; they think that they are unloved now. And to Buzz's dismay, two of those unloved toys, though not malfunctioning, are some very disgruntled ones from Woody and Buzz's collective past, each with a score to settle with Woody and Buzz...

However, I've been having trouble figuring out where Andy would be in this movie (remember, in the third movie, he is off to college). The only thing I could think of is him going on a honeymoon.

Anyway, any ideas on what to do? What kinds of toys should show up in the new movie? And what of Andy? Also, guess who the two disgruntled toys are that want revenge on Woody and Buzz.

CharlieD

OK, IMO although it's a good idea I think that three Toy Story films is enough and the series should just be left as a trilogy. Pixar can't keep making sequels, otherwise it would ruin what made the company so great in the first place. I also fear that a fourth film could ruin the series (like what happened to Shrek 2/3/4)- although we all thought that with the second and third film and Pixar proved us wrong! Well we don't know about the third yet, but I think it's safe to say it's going to be amazing.

But as for a fourth, well I'd rather see sequels to Monsters Inc & Incredibles and loads more original ideas.

mharrington

Original Poster
But as for a fourth, well I'd rather see sequels to Monsters Inc & Incredibles and loads more original ideas.

In terms of the sequel, I proposed something for Toy Story because I would really like maybe to see an old antagonist return for revenge. Where "The Incredibles" is concerned, Syndrome got caught up in his plane's propeller and was done in right then and there.

I don't know, I was just thinking of some way for old bad guys to return for a score to settle with the good guys.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^^Shrek 2 was arguably better in some peoples minds (not mine), but I agree with you on the last two.

You mentioned that the movie will pick up where the third leaves off. I think it would be easier if we all knew where exactly the third one leaves off.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^^Who knows, I thought they would screw us on the second and third films, and they ended up making some of the best movies in Hollywood. They definitely could do a fourth, if there was a good story.

---TrevorA

Stratofarius

I don't think they even want to continue the Toy Story trilogy in movies, but, shorts? Go ahead. With should have shorts with the new toys from Bonnie, they didn't get too much screentime.

MANEATINGWREATH

I would much rather see them continue on with the shorts (They are going to) then make another one. They left off number three so perfectly that the rest can just be left off to your imagination.

Now if Michael Eisner was still around then we'd be seeing at least five or six more Toy Stories. :lookaroun

JohnLocke

I'm in no way opposed to more Toy Story movies, but I want them to wait a few years down the line, when they have a good story. I really hope that with Pixar starting to do more sequels, they at least go with a 1:1 sequel/new project release pattern, which would put Toy Story 4 out at late 2013 or mid 2014 at the earliest.

That being said, I don't think their original Toy Story 3 idea will work, at least when it comes to using Buzz Lightyear. Buzz is now a 15 year-old toy, and when it comes time for a fourth movie he will be even older, if they keep the story going at the same pace. I don't really see a toy that old either being recalled or being able to be shipped off to the original makers to be repaired.

ObssesionRocks

^^Who knows, I thought they would screw us on the second and third films, and they ended up making some of the best movies in Hollywood. They definitely could do a fourth, if there was a good story.

---TrevorA

They definitely could make another good "Toy Story" movie...If they didn't already finish the series at "Toy Story 3". I have complete faith in Pixar's writing abilities but, by the way that they ended "3", it's pretty obvious that the door has closed.

But since this is the imagineer section, there's nothing wrong with speculation.

Incredibles 2 would probably be based on the Underminer (the guy that shows up at the end of the movie.)

I still don't get why people think that the Underminer is going to be in the sequel. I'm guessing it's because people keep thinking the ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger. To me, the point of that scene(besides giving John Ratzenberger a role) was something they do with superhero stories all the time. First, they finish whatever it is they were doing and then they get their happy ending. Then, at the very last minute some bad guy shows up doing something wrong. The superhero procedes to gear up and prepare to battle. Cue ______-kicking pose then, end credits.

Simply put for any of you who has played "Batman: Arkham Asylum", do you think the sequel to that game is going to be about Batman stopping Two-Face from robbing a bank?

EDIT: They censor ______ here? Why so?

JohnLocke

They definitely could make another good "Toy Story" movie...If they didn't already finish the series at "Toy Story 3". I have complete faith in Pixar's writing abilities but, by the way that they ended "3", it's pretty obvious that the door has closed.

But since this is the imagineer section, there's nothing wrong with speculation.

I still don't get why people think that the Underminer is going to be in the sequel. I'm guessing it's because people keep thinking the ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger. To me, the point of that scene(besides giving John Ratzenberger a role) was something they do with superhero stories all the time. First, they finish whatever it is they were doing and then they get their happy ending. Then, at the very last minute some bad guy shows up doing something wrong. The superhero procedes to gear up and prepare to battle. Cue ______-kicking pose then, end credits.

Simply put for any of you who has played "Batman: Arkham Asylum", do you think the sequel to that game is going to be about Batman stopping Two-Face from robbing a bank?

EDIT: They censor ______ here? Why so?

Toy Story 3 was definitely the end of a trilogy, but I do think there are other places they could explore with the characters in the future, it just depends on if they come up with a story they like.

ObssesionRocks

Toy Story 3 was definitely the end of a trilogy, but I do think there are other places they could explore with the characters in the future, it just depends on if they come up with a story they like.

I think so too, as long as it's not another movie.

But let's not discuss whether it should happen for real or not. This is just open brainstorming. I only discussed it earlier because I can't get on the IMDB Boards.

mharrington

Original Poster
They need to do a new sequel. The only reason I thought of TS4 was for to see some kind of revenge thing going on with past antagonists.

ObssesionRocks

They need to do a new sequel. The only reason I thought of TS4 was for to see some kind of revenge thing going on with past antagonists.

For an actual theatrical movie, it just wouldn't seem right. I mean, the Toy Story Trilogy wasn't just about good toys vs. evil toys. It was much more than that. And making a sequel just for that wouldn't seem like a good idea. Now, I know it doesn't have to be just about that, but what else can it be about? After SPOILER ALERT! they all get passed on to Bonnie there pretty much isn't any other story to tell about them. Once Lotso or Stinky Pete comes back for revenge, what could they possibly do? Defeat them again?

But, if you still want us to come up with an idea, I'm still game. As long as I don't get to see an actual sequel come out.

Again, there's also that short that's going show before Cars 2. I can give a few ideas for those if you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom