News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

mickeyfan5534

It's apparently done now?
https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/tower-of-terror-refurbishment-ends-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
We’re told that the work was purely maintenance related and that no changes to the ride were made. During the refurbishment, Disney only used one drop sequence, not the randomized drop sequence normally in use. The randomized sequence should be back now.
Went on it earlier. Can confirm. We got the mirror sequence which I don’t think I have ever seen.

Rodj

Went on it earlier. Can confirm. We got the mirror sequence which I don’t think I have ever seen.
I have never heard of that drop profile, can you explain more? There are only 4 drop profiles, two have projections before the last drop, either the ghost projection or the window shattering projection. I can share a video of each if needed.

iowamomof4

Wait times are back to normal but I wonder when they’ll release the FPs they had held for the next few weeks.

Dh and I will be there next weekend for our AP preview and would love to score a couple fastpasses! Well, HE would love to. I can barely tolerate it, but I do love him so I'll probably put up with it if we get a chance to ride. lol

Marc Davis Fan

How is the pepper's ghost / hallway starfield effect looking? Last time I heard, it was a little too bright since reopening from the refurb, but hopefully they tweaked it back the other way.

Tom Morrow

In case anyone is wondering...

The drop sequences are still super quiet. The libraries are still super quiet. The TV's in the libraries still remain backlit when the show is not running. The corridor scenes are still all out of sync and have poorly calibrated lighting.

The drop sequences definitely do seem to be more aggressive than they had been for several years. It could be a placebo effect but I've ridden ToT MANY times and I noticed a difference.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In case anyone is wondering...

The drop sequences are still super quiet. The libraries are still super quiet. The TV's in the libraries still remain backlit when the show is not running. The corridor scenes are still all out of sync and have poorly calibrated lighting.

The drop sequences definitely do seem to be more aggressive than they had been for several years. It could be a placebo effect but I've ridden ToT MANY times and I noticed a difference.
The drop shaft speakers are currently missing.

Echo has motor issues making it a rough ride.

Foxtrot still has issues and is profile locked again (profile 4)

Rodj

I've been talking to one of the workers of the ToT and what they have told me is that Foxtrot had to be profile locked because the other profiles were causing it to go into overdrive and made it hit the top of the shaft. Profile 4 is the only one that comes up to the 9th floor at a slower speed because it starts with going up to the top, while the other profiles come up to the top from lower spots.

Tom Morrow

The drop shaft speakers are currently missing.

Echo has motor issues making it a rough ride.

Foxtrot still has issues and is profile locked again (profile 4)
It was Echo that I rode. To be honest I prefer the more aggressive ride, it's more similar to how the ride used to be before the randomized drop sequences.

At the very least, profile 4 is the best and most intense one so if it does have to be locked to one, at least it's that.

The missing drop lift speakers is inexcusable though.

BEARSHOUSE4

Pretty scary that they have “motor issues” on a ride of this type. Also, it hit the top of the shaft during “overdrive”? All while not fixing the other issues? Hope they get their act together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom