News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

GlacierGlacier

How they could spend this much time on maintenance repairs and not "plus" some of the show elements is beyond me, especially with all the attention the park is about to get in August.
Because it needs to be done by August. How long did this half take, doing just the mechanical refurb?
Assuming they do the second half right away, you can assume when it'll be at full capacity.

Note that this is not an excuse for poor show - they should've started a long time ago, doing full show and mechanical repairs months ago - but simply an explanation why they only did mechanical with the span of time they gave themselves.

ToTBellHop

Because it needs to be done by August. How long did this half take, doing just the mechanical refurb?
Assuming they do the second half right away, you can assume when it'll be at full capacity.

Note that this is not an excuse for poor show - they should've started a long time ago, doing full show and mechanical repairs months ago - but simply an explanation why they only did mechanical with the span of time they gave themselves.
This is scheduled to run up to August 28. They are barely sneaking it in.

Cesar R M

Yes, we know it's not like turning up the volume on a TV.

Still, no excuses. It's been bad for literally a decade.

Whoever is in charge of the show quality for Tower of Terror is either:

1. unfathomably inept
2. disgustingly uncaring
3. actively being vindictive

The Tower of Terror cast have begged for years and years for the audio to be fixed and it never, ever happens. Some a-hole suits show up and either ignore them or says "it sounds fine to me!"
but..but... think of that poor yearly executive bonus!
Maybe the increases in prices will be passed on so that attractions get the attention they deserve...

jzDp0XG.gif

surfsupdon

I’m a Tower geek. All time fav ride.

I rode it Tuesday night. The show issues relating to volume and timing remained. At the end, there was no audio playing to accompany the short video. And no audio in the drop shaft.

The ride felt wayyy more intense. My butt was way out of my seat, very strong pull down.

So much so that my wallet flew out from my pocket (must not have been in deep) and flew up, and when my neighbor tried to grab it we changed direction and he pushed it out and over the edge where it fell to the depths of the twilight zone in the drop shaft.

They found it overnight, emailed me by noon on Wednesday for pick up. I thought I lost everything!! Love ya Disney!!!! And Mr. Spark, who found the wallet 3rd shift.

So did I make up that it felt more intense??! Do we have confirmation?? I mean it felt that way but perhaps I was more looking for that reason bc of the lost wallet.

ToTBellHop

I rode it Tuesday night. The show issues relating to volume and timing remained. At the end, there was no audio playing to accompany the short video. And no audio in the drop shaft.

The ride felt wayyy more intense. My butt was way out of my seat, very strong pull down.

So much so that my wallet flew out from my pocket (must not have been in deep) and flew up, and when my neighbor tried to grab it we changed direction and he pushed it out and over the edge where it fell to the depths of the twilight zone in the drop shaft.

They found it overnight, emailed me by noon on Wednesday for pick up. I thought I lost everything!! Love ya Disney!!!! And Mr. Spark, who found the wallet 3rd shift.

So did I make up that it felt more intense??! Do we have confirmation?? I mean it felt that way but perhaps I was more looking for that reason bc of the lost wallet.
You aren’t the first to suggest enhanced intensity. As it has the longest wait in the park right now, I’m guessing it’s back to one-side, only?

raymusiccity

Just a little off topic, but my favorite 2014 Food & Wine hat flew off on Spalsh Moutain. Cast member told me that it's gone for good. All water in the main drop goes into a reservoir, making retrieval impossible. Hope he wasn't just making that up. :(

TeriofTerror

Confirmed: Disney will do anything to separate people from their money. 🤣

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just a little off topic, but my favorite 2014 Food & Wine hat flew off on Spalsh Moutain. Cast member told me that it's gone for good. All water in the main drop goes into a reservoir, making retrieval impossible. Hope he wasn't just making that up. :(

My son lost a hat on Splash and we were also told it was gone. And after having seen/smelled the reservoir... you don’t want it back. 🤮

Magenta Panther

So do you mean that at ride's end, there's no Rod Serling voiceover talking about the Twilight Zone?

HOLY CRAP, TDO????? THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU???

Do you clowns want me to contact Fox News about your negligence...? ;):mad::banghead:

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I'm surprised there isn't a grate or net of some sort to filter out larger items. I expect this sort of thing happens with some regularity.

Rod Serling

He was not making it up. Splash has a MASSIVE water reservoir backstage to the left of the attraction that holds about 1 million gallons of water. You can see all sorts of clothing articles floating around in there.

ToTBellHop

He was not making it up. Splash has a MASSIVE water reservoir backstage to the left of the attraction that holds about 1 million gallons of water. You can see all sorts of clothing articles floating around in there.
Who walks off the ride without anything other than a hat missing? What exactly happens on the lift hill that you lose your shirt, sock, panties, or jock strap on the drop?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
How do we (can we?) make TDO realize that it would probably be in the park's best interest to make the ride more interesting (or in this case, work AS INTENDED)..? especially seeing how SWL is going to draw in crowds, you'd think they'd want more people checking out RnR and ToT to help even in the slightest.

I mean for one thing, how ***** difficult can it be to raise the queue / on-ride spiel volume by a few clicks? To sync an audio playback correctly?

smile

there's an insidious disease inherent in wholly owned twdc parks, symptoms of which are littered all over wdw...
luckily for some, wdw, in particular, has developed a fascinating auto-immune response which shields the truth.

quick show of hands...
how many have brought their concerns of tot's show quality to gs?

if the only thing you've done after having gone is book your next trip and complain on the internet, you're part of the problem - you're actually morton, and when it rains it pours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom