Rumor Tower of Terror to gain new theme?

No Name

I don't think that's the premise of DHS anymore. Now, it's about immersion into specific world's created in the movies/TV shows. With TSL it's immersion into the world of Toys with the setting of Andy's back yard. With SWGE it's immersion into the Star Wars universe. Even with the Mickey ride it's immersion into Mickey's world. It's not about the medium anymore.

So then the park has no premise. Your second and last sentences are completely hypocritical, but regardless, you don't make sense. How does the fact that a land is based on the world of a franchise that originated on a screen actually impact the experience at hand? How do Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge have anything to do with each other aside from that very lengthy connection? Something that's not at all unique to the park.

How do Pandora in DAK and Cars Land in DCA fit at all, those parks aren't about movies/TV shows?! :eek::banghead:

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
So then the park has no premise. Your second and last sentences are completely hypocritical, but regardless, you don't make sense. How does the fact that a land is based on the world of a franchise that originated on a screen actually impact the experience at hand? How do Toy Story Land and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge have anything to do with each other aside from that very lengthy connection? Something that's not at all unique to the park.

How do Pandora in DAK and Cars Land in DCA fit at all, those parks aren't about movies/TV shows?! :eek::banghead:
Why don't I make sense? I was simply relaying what Disney considers the new theme of the park is based on press statements, etc, not what I think the theme of DHS should be. Look at the message that went out with the name change survey a few months ago:

Enter this newly named Disney Theme Park and completely immerse yourself in the realm of some of your favorite stories. Step into imagined worlds made real and take the lead in an adventure that surrounds you at every turn. From the edge of the galaxy to the imaginative world of toys, familiar locales become the settings of exhilarating quests to call your own. Explore them all alongside world-renowned Characters and a supporting cast made up of your family and friends. Magnificent memories are unbound as you discover this collection of amazing adventures together.

Doesn't say anything about the medium of movies or television.

disnyfan89

TOT:DL Guardians Edition

Pandora began prior and finished after TOT:DL Gairdians Addition.

Pandora may well develop and deserve to be in the same class of 3rd party IP. TOT:DL Guardians Edition is the latest model of Flap Jack Shack refurb sold as a new attraction.

I hate to bust your bubble but Guardians as it exists in the MCU is a Disney brand bucko and is not considered a 3rd party IP.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I remember correctly the rumor fizzled out around the same time there was whispers around the ToT conversion to Guardians.

IIRC:

1. ZOMG!!! GotG coming to both ToTs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rumored Tip Top bar. WDW doubling down on the TZ theme at their ToT by prepping for Tip Top bar. Sadly, has no effect on quashing rumors that DHS's ToT will be converted.

3. Tip Top prep stops.

4. GotG only for Anaheim. NO WAIT!!! Still on for DHS!!!!... maybe.

5. Announced that GotG is coming to Anaheim only.

6. Doesn't mean it can't come to DHS, too.

7. Chapek says no to GotG coming to DHS ToT.

SteamboatJoe

If they decide they want change it at some point and don't want to clone DCA, my wild guess is it would be an Iron Man theme that turns it into Stark (Avengers) Tower, assuming they could get any issues with Universal that may exist ironed out.

A Moana Realm of Monsters thing ("I'm still falling!") would be an even stranger, more awkward fit in that location but I wouldn't put it past them.

Note, I don't necessarily endorse either of those wild ideas. I like the current theme just fine. Fortunately, this latest rumor appears to not be legit. I just wish they'd do something with the aging, not really relevant rock band next door but that's for another thread.

Last edited:

the-reason14

While Tower in TDS is amazing and possibly the best themed ToT out there, I would not want to see the store make it's way over to mgm. There is so much rich detail on and in Tokyo's tower that I don't think would be brought over, and I enjoy the Twilight Zone theme. This isn't the first time this rumor has been spread, but hopefully they will keep it as is and finally update it to ToT 5. Hahaha, doubt that will happen.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Note, I don't necessarily endorse either of those wild ideas. I like the current theme just fine. Fortunately, this latest rumor appears to not be legit. I just wish they'd do something with the aging, not really relevant rock band next door but that's for another thread.
If they did, I would be shocked...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom