Rumor Tower of Terror to gain new theme?

Cesar R M

They started to clear out space for it and then stopped.

No insider has said why they changed their mind, AFAIK, yet.
Logistics perhaps? space to divide..etc..etc..

Makes me wonder.. cant they take a space of the "load" zone for the steam boat to put the bar? (Ie, above the wood structure that goes all the way from the entrance of the waiting area for the boat to the entrance of Haunted Mansion.

Last edited:

crxbrett

MGM Tower was well into production before the EDL problems started to show.

Yeah, that would make sense. Like you said, most of ToT was probably already finalized and set by the time EDL opened. When did ToT officially break ground? Fall '92 around xmas? I went July '93, but only remember the concept art sign and maybe the base of the tower built or constructed at that point.

Great pic of the old exit. I went every summer from '94-'97 but don't recall the exit much. I know I have videos of it from every year I went. Do you happen to know around when the change was made?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay, question(s) time:

Would the Nighttastic profile become 'the' profile, or just be added to the other four? What would become of the 5th dimension? An upgrade of what's there, the starfield from Nighttastic, or something else? What's the likelihood of version 5 hitting before the 50th?
It’s already an extra profile. If I recall, the current profiles are 1-4. Nightastic would be 5. Creep mode down to unload is profile 7,8 or 9. Or zero. They just have to allow the ride control system choose from 1-5 as opposed to 1-4. Nightastic is also the only profile that drops the full shaft height.

The 5th dimension is independent of the drop profile.

Cameron1529

Personally I believe that the theming for this attraction is fantastic and really well executed. However I think the preshow and the actually ride needs an overhaul and an update. It feels very dated.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
re: Dr. Strange

I think that change would be less jarring than Guardians. Transforming a Victorian/Moroccan themed tower into something befitting the Dr. Strange aesthetic wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. IMO, It would be much easier pill to swallow over a complete GotG overlay. It might be kinda fun to incorporate the inception-bending effect, a mirror dimension, the sanctum sanatorium window and the fire ring portal effect into the storyline; the later effect which could be realized using a variation of the magic doorway in Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Granted; I'd still rather it remain untouched. HS's ToT is a gem, the pinnacle of theme park ride theming. To convert it to something else would have to be damn near perfection.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
How about they just leave it alone and fix what’s broken? Then it’d be perfect again.

What exactly is broken on Tower nowadays? There used to be a wonderful effects status thread on here but it was unfortunately abandoned.

The preshow library audio definitely needs to be bumped up. I would also love if they brought over the rain and thunder effects from the DCA version. CRT TVs too.

Tom Morrow

DHS ToT has had bad, too quiet, and/or out of sync audio for years now and nothing is ever done about it. The overall lighting has been screwed around with too much and is too bright in the boiler room. There are several lighting effects missing from the drop sequences.

In the corridor scenes (the first scene), the image of the "ghosts" is also projected into the floor and the screen for the floating window at the rear of the scene is now obviously a screen, unlike when it opened. Just to name a few things.

The ride has never ever gone down for a refurbishment (occasionally one side will close for a few days at most) and it really, really needs it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom