Rumor Tower of Terror to gain new theme?

disnyfan89

They’re not.

Expect Tower to go down for a short time later this year for a regular refurb.

Will they be closing the entire attraction or should we expect the usual refurb/upgrade plan where they work on one shaft at a time with the other remaining operational?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Will they be closing the entire attraction or should we expect the usual refurb/upgrade plan where they work on one shaft at a time with the other remaining operational?
Completely? Has that ever happened before? Thanks
I don’t know. If the lobby or boiler room need work then I assume it’s a complete closure unless these can be done third shift.

AEfx

As has been said ad nauseum, IP works when it fits.

Like here. Like Splash. Like JII v1.

Huh? SotS is Disney based. And what IP was JII?

I'm talking about third-party IPs. People just are so attached to this one because it has been there so long. If Disney were trying to build ToT today, people would be all "Why does Disney need an IP for everything? Why can't they just make their own unique attraction?"

Bairstow

I could see the ride working perfectly well with all references to the Twilight Zone removed. The theme as it exists has relatively little to do with the show, and with a reworked preshow and soundtrack, could work perfectly well without any substitute IP whatsoever.

I say this every time we have one of these threads, but I'm convinced that if The Shining wasn't one of the original tie-in concepts for this ride, it was at least the single greatest influence on the final attraction's conception and development.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Huh? SotS is Disney based. And what IP was JII?

I'm talking about third-party IPs. People just are so attached to this one because it has been there so long. If Disney were trying to build ToT today, people would be all "Why does Disney need an IP for everything? Why can't they just make their own unique attraction?"
My mistake. I thought you were talking IP use in general.

crxbrett

I dunno, I like the TZ theme, but the GOTG version looks really cool too. I'd be fine if it changed, also that Rocket AA.

Mission Breakout is definitely not as good. I mean, the ToT we had here on the west coast was always inferior to DW's, but at least it was still great. GotG: MB is just not as timeless or executed as well. Obviously it is still fun, but the story is paper thin and the immersive experience is lacking compared to TZ Tot. I always feel dissatisfied when I get off. ToT never left me feeling like that.

Tower of Terror never felt like a gimmick. Mission Breakout totally does.

-

peter11435

Mission Breakout is definitely not as good. I mean, the ToT we had here on the west coast was always inferior to DW's, but at least it was still great. GotG: MB is just not as timeless or executed as well. Obviously it is still fun, but the story is paper thin and the immersive experience is lacking compared to TZ Tot. I always feel dissatisfied when I get off. ToT never left me feeling like that.

Tower of Terror never felt like a gimmick. Mission Breakout totally does.

-

My opinion differs from yours

FigmentFan3

No AA is worth the thematic mess Sunset Blvd would become with Guardians running the tower. No thanks
This. California Adventure was an EXTREMELY well put together park, until Breakout came. And now they're killing it further with Pixar Pier. As for the comments about DCA's tower being inferior, I thought the multi-level boiler room was cool. And having ridden DHS's first and not knowing that there was no dimension scene, I have never been more genuinely shocked than when that elevator dropped without first lurching forward. For a split second I genuinely thought I was done for it.

UpAllNight

This. California Adventure was an EXTREMELY well put together park, until Breakout came. And now they're killing it further with Pixar Pier. As for the comments about DCA's tower being inferior, I thought the multi-level boiler room was cool. And having ridden DHS's first and not knowing that there was no dimension scene, I have never been more genuinely shocked than when that elevator dropped without first lurching forward. For a split second I genuinely thought I was done for it.

Had a similar kind of moment in Florida. For all the random drop,sequences I’d only ever been shot up at the start so when we dropped...oh dear. Screams were made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom