Tower of Terror thrill factor

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You need to ride it at least once. Unless you have an overpowering fear of heights, do it at least once.

??????? Unlike Dr Doom at Sea World, I wouldnt have said that this ride exposes you to any real sense of height. This is a laugh out loud attraction once youve experienced how subtle it is.

The only fear on this is that the Q will have gone up to stop you getting straight back on.

Tom

Beta Return
I have never rode ToT and I want to be able to say I have rode everything at Disney (except the new additions since 06) but I'm too scared lol. 3 things scare me: heights, falling, and elevators. So I was wondering how bad is it really and should I woman up?

We are going in July so I will have the opportunity then. (if I do it) lol

I share your very same fears: heights, falling...and elevators because of the first two.

I literally dreaded ToT before my first ride. I've probably ridden it 20 times since it opened, and wouldn't miss it for the world. I will admit, my stomach still twists up a bit in the queue and especially in the boiler room - but that just means that Disney absolutely NAILED it!

Like others said, the ride is actually pretty short. The first 2/3 are pretty tame, in fact. You just sit down, strap in, and ride up then forward. Only the last 30 seconds are terrifying. But I've found that it's more exhilarating than scary.

Just go for it. I really don't think you'll regret it! :)

lilclerk

I hate elevators, but ToT is one of my very favorite rides out there (I think part of it is I'm a huge Twilight Zone fan.) I tell this story all the time, but I was absolutely terrified to go on it my first time. My best friend and boyfriend were both too scared so I went alone and ended up sitting next to a kid who couldn't have been more than 4 who kept telling me it was his favorite ride and not to be scared... it helped knowing that a little guy wasn't scared of it ;)

My best friend rode it for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago. He's scared of heights/drop rides, and he hated it. He rode it twice because he wanted to be sure he really hated it even when he knew what was going to happen, and he did :lol:

So I say, try it once. You may love it. If not, you never have to do it again!

BrerFrog

I don't think it is really scary, but I have met some people who totally freaked out before and after riding it. You should try it at least once for the theme and care that is put into that ride.

And most importantly stay calm! I remember the first time I went to RnRC. I was absolutely scared due to the loops and the fast start, when I did get inside the ride vehicle the thirteen seconds which the ride lasted seemed to go for a minute or so, and I thought the coaster had about ten loops because I was so scared. The second time I went there I noticed how there were just two inversions and that it wasn't that fast of a ride, it was actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but that was just to prove how being afraid of a ride can make it seem more awful and intense than it actually is. So keep calm because it is going to be awesome! :sohappy:

heartodisney

Ride it at night, it is not that bad, but it will give you an extra sense of experience! The first time I rode it, my wife would not, and I was with a very nice family, I sat in the back, and just before you know you are going to fall, two teenage girls told me to "look up at the ceiling, there was SOMETHING up there"..nothing there, but we dropped and I screamed louder than the teenage girls! After I came to my silly senses, and the ride finished, I thanked them...and I always try that trick with others!

EpcotServo

Ride it at night, it is not that bad, but it will give you an extra sense of experience! The first time I rode it, my wife would not, and I was with a very nice family, I sat in the back, and just before you know you are going to fall, two teenage girls told me to "look up at the ceiling, there was SOMETHING up there"..nothing there, but we dropped and I screamed louder than the teenage girls! After I came to my silly senses, and the ride finished, I thanked them...and I always try that trick with others!

Actually it's scarier if you look up-Next time you're riding in daylight, look up and you can see the entire dropshaft-Including the ceiling getting closer and farther away! It's great.
:sohappy: :D

heartodisney

Actually it's scarier if you look up-Next time you're riding in daylight, look up and you can see the entire dropshaft-Including the ceiling getting closer and farther away! It's great.
:sohappy: :D
Guess it was time for my first "scare" that it was not noticed! :rolleyes: :lol: And now that I try to do this to others, I really do not notice! :D

mousegeezer

If you are old enough to remember the, "Twilight Zone." You will love the set up. Seeing taht is worth it. But, Having said that let me know if you, "Womaned up." I have tried to get my wife on it in three successive trips. I have not found the proper bribe.

DisneyGigi

Ride it! But not just once do it back to back. Get off and right back on. I am terrified of elevators and rode the ride once, swore I would never do it again. Finally did last year and screamed like crazy but got back on and rode it 6 times. When we went this year I was dreading it and really not happy about having to ride it but I did the same thing but over a 9 day trip rode it about 30 times. I love it! Yes, the first few times are scary but once you loosen up and let go that feeling of being weightless is awesome. It is one of my most fave rides now.. so if I can conquer it you can too.:)

Maryssa*

To me, the scariest part is just the buildup of not knowing exactly when you're going to drop. Once it starts going though, it almost feels more like bouncing than freefalling. It's really fun, and it would be a shame to miss all the amazing theming and effects!

Lucille

I HATE HATE HATE the Tower of Terror!

I've ridden it a few times at Disneyland and once at WDW.

I just don't like the feeling of falling at all. It's not fun to me. It's just uncomfortable.

It's my husband's favorite ride so I go on it for him. But I don't enjoy it at all.

flyer31

Oh, absolutely RIDE IT!!! It is the one ride that I was SO scared of at first and now it is one of the ones I am so excited to get to. You will love it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom