Tower of Terror Suitcase Prop

muse1983

Original Poster
I realize this isn’t the easiest request but is there anyone that could possibly place the former location of this suitcase in the WDW que of Tower of Terror? The white sticker is a faded “Polynesian” sticker. Thanks in advance!
F9BD4018-771C-420B-BC69-FF8B742D71BC.jpeg

Pepper's Ghost

Sorry. I sincerely searched Google pics pretty extensively and couldn't find a piece of luggage that looks like that one. The ones I saw in most of the pics were more vintage looking. Sorry I couldn't help. :(

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd like to know why there is a Disney Legend Check in sign, And another sign saying magic hours behind it? Where was this taken?

muse1983

Original Poster
The original poster probably knows but it looks like the themeparkmobility scooter guy's collection.
Yeah it’s from his collection. I don’t even think it’s from Tower of Terror honestly, looks like something from Keystone Clothiers to me. However, they claim it’s from the queue of WDW Tower of Terror...which doesn’t make a ton of sense really.

celluloid

Yeah it’s from his collection. I don’t even think it’s from Tower of Terror honestly, looks like something from Keystone Clothiers to me. However, they claim it’s from the queue of WDW Tower of Terror...which doesn’t make a ton of sense really.

I agree. Something from merch from MGM or promotional. If it had a Polynesian sticker on it, it may have been used for promoting Tower. I could see that.

Pepper's Ghost

So, it's from someone's collection? Is there any proof that this isn't from a garage sale and someone slapped a sticker on it for "authenticity" or to make it look like something from the Tower?

I didn't want to say anything, but my initial reaction was it looks like something you'd find in a garage sale that somebody found in gramma's attic after 40 years. That can't be from the Tower's queue. That long straight piece of tape on the front that someone tried to remove... that's not Disney's style. They'd try to make something look vintage and aged, but not with a horrid piece of tape on the front that just looks trashy. JMO

celluloid

So, it's from someone's collection? Is there any proof that this isn't from a garage sale and someone slapped a sticker on it for "authenticity" or to make it look like something from the Tower?

I didn't want to say anything, but my initial reaction was it looks like something you'd find in a garage sale that somebody found in gramma's attic after 40 years. That can't be from the Tower's queue. That long straight piece of tape on the front that someone tried to remove... that's not Disney's style. They'd try to make something look vintage and aged, but not with a horrid piece of tape on the front that just looks trashy. JMO

It's likepy from the parks. I mean nothing 100 percent sure but this collection is huge and full of other legit things. That being said I won't pay what he is charging as I am both stingy and have gotten to a point where I seperate the memory from the material.

Pepper's Ghost

It's likepy from the parks. I mean nothing 100 percent sure but this collection is huge and full of other legit things. That being said I won't pay what he is charging as I am both stingy and have gotten to a point where I seperate the memory from the material.

I'm not at all interested, but what is the price that's being asked? Just curious. I'm always HIGHLY skeptical 😁 about anyone claiming that something is from the attraction without very convincing documentation such as photographic, a letter, etc. Otherwise, it's just a lookalike quite frankly.

I love when a company selling claimed legit ride props issues a COA that hasn't been provided by Disney. They just create one themselves. Maybe the item is legit, but without clear documentation of some kind how can it be proved. I've seen so many items being posted for sale claiming to be original from an actual ride when it's impossible to verify, and not likely legit. This seems to fit that category to me because it just doesn't look like Disney quality.

celluloid

I'm not at all interested, but what is the price that's being asked? Just curious. I'm always HIGHLY skeptical 😁 about anyone claiming that something is from the attraction without very convincing documentation such as photographic, a letter, etc. Otherwise, it's just a lookalike quite frankly.

I love when a company selling claimed legit ride props issues a COA that hasn't been provided by Disney. They just create one themselves. Maybe the item is legit, but without clear documentation of some kind how can it be proved. I've seen so many items being posted for sale claiming to be original from an actual ride when it's impossible to verify, and not likely legit. This seems to fit that category to me because it just doesn't look like Disney quality.

Its good to be highly skeptical. Even Disney has claimed fakes themselves in published material or sales. But this is not that big of deal. I do not know what the price was on this, but they wanted hundreds to thousands of dollar for blueprints of Pirates of the Caribbean and some more reasonable prices in my opinion for furniture, albeit random and used from certain resorts. With the Pirates prints, while it looks like it was a complete booklet of many schematics, it does not warrant that much in my opinion.

He did have an original Honey I shrunk the Audience signage piece. That was neato. It sold.

Last edited:

muse1983

Original Poster

He was asking $150 which also had me suspicious. If it was a true prop from the queue if would have gone for double that at least. Here’s another one I was interested in before they sent me a closer picture. It’s supposedly a bottle that sat outside the bar in the GMR gangster scene. However after finding a screenshot of the scene the bottles on the ledge clearly have labels on them. This doesn’t, so I don’t know. There were several things that just turned me off the entire sale honestly. Btw he wanted $250 for the bottle...
5E5DB80E-16B5-46CA-BEA9-5D6244A6EF3A.jpeg

F55350DB-091A-48CC-87EE-0206FBF8C8BF.jpeg

JIMINYCR

In looking through assorted photos Ive taken over the years I have these photos of suitcases in ToT, but none of them match the style or stitching pattern of the OP photo. Maybe there are others Ive missed, but I cant find any that match.

100_5171.jpg

100_5156.jpg

100_3137.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In looking through assorted photos Ive taken over the years I have these photos of suitcases in ToT, but none of them match the style or stitching pattern of the OP photo. Maybe there are others Ive missed, but I cant find any that match.
Would it be more likely it’s from DCA?

Pepper's Ghost

He was asking $150 which also had me suspicious. If it was a true prop from the queue if would have gone for double that at least. Here’s another one I was interested in before they sent me a closer picture. It’s supposedly a bottle that sat outside the bar in the GMR gangster scene. However after finding a screenshot of the scene the bottles on the ledge clearly have labels on them. This doesn’t, so I don’t know. There were several things that just turned me off the entire sale honestly. Btw he wanted $250 for the bottle...
View attachment 460114
View attachment 460115

Totally agree with you. That can't be the same bottle. I don't know the seller at all, so can't speak to their integrity, but given how there are always people out there trying to make a fast buck, I can't imagine buying for anything above normal cost for such an item without knowing factually that it is what they claim. I can see a person searching eBay all day for the right bottle to try and pawn it off as a ride prop.

Here, I just saved you $240 and you too, can claim it's from the ride... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gr...372356?hash=item2a77abc584:g:I8UAAOSwnHZYWrul

Here's another example. I always thought the dining plates on the Haunted Mansion dining room table were cool. I figured that they had to have purchased a pattern that was actually available at some point because they wouldn't have created a brand new pattern for a run of a dozen or 2 dozen plates. So I searched on eBay for something similar (not necessarily exact) to have for my personal collection. Wouldn't you know it, I found the EXACT same plates used in the HM on eBay being sold as regular dinnerware of course, but they're exactly what Disney used. They're still made today, and it's rather affordable too. So I bought several of them.

Not more than a few months later I started seeing people posting on eBay "original" dinnerware from the HM as actual props used on the ride, and they had so many of them listed, but of course no COA from Disney or proof of how they got them. I was stunned. Now, if I hadn't already known better I might've considered it, but I actually found them for about $5 or $6 per plate. Some people are unbelievable how they try to take advantage of others.

graphite1326

I realize this isn’t the easiest request but is there anyone that could possibly place the former location of this suitcase in the WDW que of Tower of Terror? The white sticker is a faded “Polynesian” sticker. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 459846
Not to change the subject but my parents had a suitcase just like this. Probably from the 1950's. It would be too new to be in ToT.

celluloid

Not to change the subject but my parents had a suitcase just like this. Probably from the 1950's. It would be too new to be in ToT.

Good point but that does not mean it was not. Disney is good but creative liberties happen with dramaturgy. Not likely for a hotel library to have a TV of that size or type in 1939 either.

Another thought is the Tower Gift Shop. It really does scream sunset or Hollywood blvd gifts to me.

Last edited:

graphite1326

Good point butt that does not mean it was not. Disney is good but creative liberties happen with dramaturgy. Not likely for a hotel library to have a TV of that size or type in 1939 either.

Another thought is the Tower Gift Shop. It really does scream sunset or Hollywood blvd gifts to me.
Good point.

Years ago, my son got a small light-saber light in that gift shop. It had the ToT logo and name on it. I am not sure how that tied in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom