Tower of Terror Seat belts

Domboy

Originally posted by tenchu

I would have thought Judy could put up with anything, seeing as she's married to Richard!

oh thats so evil

you cant say that about Dame Judy and Sir Richard

hahaha

:lol:

and apologies for those US people who have no idea who Richard and Judy are - but hey ho :)

tenchu

Originally posted by Domboy

oh thats so evil

you cant say that about Dame Judy and Sir Richard

hahaha

:lol:

and apologies for those US people who have no idea who Richard and Judy are - but hey ho :)

It's ok, we have no idea what they're talking about most of the time!

Anyway, stop drifting- Tower. Terror. Drop. Arrrrgh!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Ouch I would imagine it would hurt? THe lap bars are at least padded.

Oh, no pain! Seatbelts totally RULE!!! It's my fav thing to do...and then random drops to had to the fun? I have to go back - soon!!!

Figment1986

I Love the seat belt seat, If only i had some friends that were CMs on TOT, then i could get the middle opne everytime and have it a LIL loose, lol. I would go flying. I would fly better then peter opan ever could,:lol: Oh no, here comes the Anti seat belt people, got to use the brick again,

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: , I feel better, now to Find some new Friends and Break a record on TOT.

Atticus

On my rides on Tower Of Terror July 29- August 7 Tower Of Terror was running the best program ever IMO! I've ridden every version and on almost every drop I was out of my seat more and felt out of control more than ever before.

Funny thing happened on one ride!

While loading the lap bars wouldn't work right! So for about 3 minutes the cast member kept checking, going outside the elevator, then seeing if the doors would close. Well for a while it didn't, but when it did, the WHOLE RIDE was off. Many moments in the ride the music was off and also our elevator was. When we entered the drop shaft we waited for about thirty seconds before rolling all the way foward. Throughout the ride the emergency telephones in certain parts of hte rides were ringing, which never happen. Also right when we entered the drop shaft, I could see some sort of control system with lights that I had never seen before.

After the ride when we exit the drop shaft Rod Sterling had already said his little speech and the lights kept coming on and off. It was very odd, but I guess the ride is off a little bit every once in a while.

Mike

Pioneer Hall

I never tried the seatbelt seat. I just never got the courage to go for it. I doubt though that they would make a whole car like that. I think that it would only be the last row.

JTinCT

How are the seatbelts MORE fun? dont they hold you down even more? i LOVE the feeling of floating... i've been in the seatbelt seat maybe once or twice, and i remember it holding me closer to the seat,.... which wasnt so fun.
so what do you guys find so fun about that? :veryconfu

markymark

I finally got the courage to ride the seat belt seat this time (usually I swap with my wife!) and loved it, it was absolutely fantastic.

Although I do enjoy sitting on the same row as kids who just look totally terrified when the bar stops about 18" from them, coz my belly gets in the way! :lol:

ImaginationHost

Steve is right about what he said. TOT's new drop configuration that is going to be put into place will require that all of the seats have seatbelts. Heard this from one of my CM friends the other day...

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Steve is right about what he said. TOT's new drop configuration that is going to be put into place will require that all of the seats have seatbelts. Heard this from one of my CM friends the other day...

:sohappy: :sohappy: KEWL!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

KevinPage

The only thing I don't like about the current drp sequence is that is too much back an forth. I'd rather have mutiple giant drops, where you get airtime.

This go around I actually get REVERSE airtime, when it shoots you back up, BUT the problem with that is it drops you so quickly after that, you body is just catching up and ends up firmly planted in the seat.

All seats belts would be good especially if you could keep them as loose as you want.

I'm usually bigger that most people in my row, so all those wimps are always tugging onto the bar to get it closer to them while it digs into me, hindering my airtime!!!!! (how dare they!:) LOL

Kevin Page

ToTBellHop

Here is what I heard...from a Cast Member, so obviously take it with a massive grain of salt. He said that Disney wanted to add more drops, many more...like five. But the problem was that would greatly extend the ride time, and slow down the line. So, Disney wondered how fast the cars could really go, as they presently go like 38 mph. The answer: about 50 mph. Problem is it would be pretty painful going that fast with a lap bar, so they will have seatbelts now for every person...and interesting seat belts at that, that would have two positions controlled by a computer--the tight position you keep it at normally, and a looser position, about 6 inches longer. The computer could control this so you fly out of your seat when its safe, but are held down when it's not (i.e., when the elevator reaches its top speed). The Cast Member also said the doors wouldn't open for all the drops...

cymbaldiva

Now that sounds pretty kewl :cool: ...and in the meantime, can I ride with you KevinPage? I'm not a big girl, and I LOVE airtime! Oh yeah, I'm not a wimp!

JEDI1138

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Here is what I heard...from a Cast Member, so obviously take it with a massive grain of salt. He said that Disney wanted to add more drops, many more...like five. But the problem was that would greatly extend the ride time, and slow down the line. So, Disney wondered how fast the cars could really go, as they presently go like 38 mph. The answer: about 50 mph. Problem is it would be pretty painful going that fast with a lap bar, so they will have seatbelts now for every person...and interesting seat belts at that, that would have two positions controlled by a computer--the tight position you keep it at normally, and a looser position, about 6 inches longer. The computer could control this so you fly out of your seat when its safe, but are held down when it's not (i.e., when the elevator reaches its top speed). The Cast Member also said the doors wouldn't open for all the drops...

NOPE. Not true.

Lance

Forever, I always thought the seat belt was the worst seat, cause their was only one, and I thought the last person was singled out to get the worst seat.....

So I was talking with some of you in here, I believe it was Dan who told me this wasn't the case, and that it was the best seat....

SO, I finally tried it, I got the car with the whole last row of seat belts.......wow was it good, it was 100 times better than the lap bars. You get much more air time, it's so much better, I think it's the thrill option for ToT riders, cause I think the lap bars really tone it down. The unfortunate side is that I can never go back to lap bars, cause the seat belt seat is so much better. So I'm hoping the conversion to all seat belts happens!!!!

........and some info, for all of you that want the car with the last row of all seat belts, you have to go to the last door all the way to the right, so just keep going right once you get out of the library.

I say this because I've ridden every door in the past week, and I've found that the last door on the right is the only one with cars that have the last row of belts. Can anyone else confirm that only one door has the last row of belts.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Maria
I think they did that due to popular demand? *shrugs*
I bet there were many people asking for "the seatbelt" to be seated there! :D
If a whole row has them, I think I could do it too! My time with the lapbar being tooo far from me due to a big guy next to me was more scary than being at the seatbelt seat! :animwink:
*Makes plans to hire 3 really BIG guys to sit in his rown next time.*

Sounds really cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom