Tower of Terror Seat belts

JEDI1138

Original Poster
I rode the Tower today and the whole back row was seat belts with no lap bars, just grab handles on the seat. It was kewl.

disneydudette

are u sure of that...:veryconfu

I'm not questioning what u saw....but I could have sworn there was only the seatbelt in that middle seat last friday....:veryconfu

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I also had confirmation today that there are seat belts on the entire back row in SOME of the elevator vehicles. Looks like they are going to be required for Tower of Terror 4, or they are just part of Disneys clamping down on safety restraints.

Maria

I think they did that due to popular demand? *shrugs*
I bet there were many people asking for "the seatbelt" to be seated there! :D
If a whole row has them, I think I could do it too! My time with the lapbar being tooo far from me due to a big guy next to me was more scary than being at the seatbelt seat! :animwink:

Tramp

Originally posted by Maria

If a whole row has them, I think I could do it too! My time with the lapbar being tooo far from me due to a big guy next to me was more scary than being at the seatbelt seat! :animwink:

..HEY...that was ME you were sitting next to ....and you seemed to enjoy having me hold onto you....:animwink:

rocketman23

I heard from an employee that they will be adding more seatbelts to the cars, and if I heard him correctly all the seats eventually. They are also going to initiate the random drop sequence. One of these sequences will act like it's over with the little screen at the bottom and say something like "just when you thought it was over" and go back up and down.

cymbaldiva

Seatbelt seat is the ONLY way to ride!!! Only thing that could possibly be better is if I could convince DH to ride with me...He out-weighs me by about 200 lbs, so I'd get some great airtime in a lap-bar seat with him! :lol:

The more seatbelts, the better....and random drops???? It IS my idea of heaven!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Talsonic

Account Suspended
You guys and gals have guts!

Sorry, but I've never been on that ride. It looks like fun but I like to keep my stomach where it belongs.:lol:

tenchu

I hope they hurry up and get that random drop sequence in, because the sequence they were running last month wasn't very good in my opinion. Never really got a good drop going.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by wdwmagic
I also had confirmation today that there are seat belts on the entire back row in SOME of the elevator vehicles. Looks like they are going to be required for Tower of Terror 4, or they are just part of Disneys clamping down on safety restraints.

What is Tower Of Terror 4 - can you explain.

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

What is Tower Of Terror 4 - can you explain.

Evrey once in a while, Disney updates TOT. When it first opened, it was just TOT. Then it went to Tower Of Terror 2. Then it went to TOT More Terror. Currently, it's at TOT: Fear Evrey Drop. I think this would make it the 5ht time updaiting. Alot of rumours say that TOT will now have a random drop sequence now.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Are the seat belts a better restraint thing? They can't be all that much better than the lap bars if they're anything like the seat belts on a lot of the other rides like star tours! Are they just like that?? I'd go for a fat guy in a lap bar seat any day!

Nova16

Seat Belts are the best way to ride! The lap bars hold you down too much. I prefer flying a foot out of my seat! Seriously, the seatbelt, whenever I sat in that seat (about 25 times in one day) would never lock, so I had full freedom. I loved it!

Domboy

A tv host on a show over here in the UK called Tower of Terror

One of the most evil things she'd been on

Bless Judy FInegan

I think she found it terifying

I tend to agree with her - it scares the hell outta me

so seatbelts - whilst wont stop the stomach floating - might chill me outmore

however - its one of the only rides which shuts my "I lvoe all thrill rides" sister up

oh that and Disneyland Paris's Space Mountain which knocked us all for six - way better than the WDW one - but its a lot new!

tenchu

Originally posted by Domboy
A tv host on a show over here in the UK called Tower of Terror

One of the most evil things she'd been on

Bless Judy FInegan

I think she found it terifying

I tend to agree with her - it scares the hell outta me

so seatbelts - whilst wont stop the stomach floating - might chill me outmore

however - its one of the only rides which shuts my "I lvoe all thrill rides" sister up

oh that and Disneyland Paris's Space Mountain which knocked us all for six - way better than the WDW one - but its a lot new!

I would have thought Judy could put up with anything, seeing as she's married to Richard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom