Tower of Terror Question

Rob562

Actually, there's only 4, unless they've added more in the very recent past. Two start with a drop, two start with a lift.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

asking. cuz thats what the cast member at the entrance told me...
...sigh. :brick:

If you ride it enough, you'll be able to identify the sequence by the first two moves:

Profile 1: the sequence from "Fear Every Drop" - down first, followed by up with no pause

Profile 2: up first, then down, includes image of the five ghosts on screen at bottom

Profile 3: down first, then down again. includes a shattering window on screen at bottom

Profile 4: up first, then up again (most bellhops consider this one the best)

And there you have it. The sequence you get is chosen randomly by a computer.

Rob562

I think Profile 3 is my favorite, especially if the system has the "bouncing" of the car going very well at the bottom. For those who were used to the old versions, the "trick ending" catches you by surprise. :)

-Rob

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Aww dont be mean. :(

I have always heard there was 4 drops sequences, I have to say tho, while I'm on the ride, I cant decipher between the 4 different ones, like when I'm riding I cant tell if it was different than the last time I rode, all I know is that my a$$ is falling over and over and I love it! :lol:
He isnt being mean... this is actually a nice reply from what we have seen in the past.

I cant decipher due to my wife screaming next to me. Totally breaks my concentration. :rolleyes:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
He isnt being mean... this is actually a nice reply from what we have seen in the past.

Seen in the past from me or just in general?

I am usually nice (I think). Just people who blindly post without doing some research is one of my pet peeves. It's how everything is nowadays. I'd rather have something handed to me than actually work for it.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I had no idea about any of this - I thought that the drops were random but that the images were all the same. But on this last trip, my DH and I saw the family and 5 and we both said, there was no smashing window, and that we had not noticed the family before. :ROFLOL:

Tom

Beta Return
We rode it 5 times over the course of 2 days back in early January. We saw the 5 people on the screen every single time. Does that mean we got the same drop sequence every single time?

I could have sworn that some of ours went up first and some went down first.

They were all "mild" in our opinion, unfortunately. Never got that "13-story" drop like in the original version. Falling 3-4 floors just isn't exciting to me anymore, I guess. I want LONG drops. Maybe again someday....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Never got that "13-story" drop like in the original version. Falling 3-4 floors just isn't exciting to me anymore, I guess. I want LONG drops. Maybe again someday....
Sounds like either the RCS was stuck or you got really (un)lucky with similar profiles. Only one sequence offers full, uninterrupted drops the full height of the shaft, and one more offers almost a full height drop.

Tom

Beta Return
Sounds like either the RCS was stuck or you got really (un)lucky with similar profiles. Only one sequence offers full, uninterrupted drops the full height of the shaft, and one more offers almost a full height drop.

I think you're right. After each one I looked at my wife and said, "I swear that was just like the last one." She agreed. We both wanted long drops, but no such luck.

Gosh, I guess we have to go back again, eh? :sohappy:

surfsupdon

I look for the amount of airtime. Each time the elevator stops and then yanks you down I come up out of my seat and get the butterflies. That's the feeling I prefer, more than some long drops. The drop, stop, drop, stop is a lot of fun. And i always feel each profile has at least one long drop in the beginning and then again at the end.

I love the 4.0 version because of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom