Tower of Terror effects status watch

BuschFlagsTowers

my mistake this is on bravo i got them mixed up. no this is not charlie it is for bravo
Ok i just got off charlie (tower 4) and here’s what i noticed: audio was mostly synced up except for 5th dimension scene (rods speech before the drop shaft was a few seconds early as was the ding when you enter. That said the audio throughout was very well mixed and everything was crystal clear. In the drop shaft, the hortons didn’t seem to be opening when they should have and when they did they were a bit late, the ghost figures were not light up and no air was blasted, the lightning effects weren’t present except for a bit at the end, & the left memory maker light was completely broken. As for other show scenes, the ghost reflection in the hallway was really strong and the window screen was WAY too bright. Also I didn’t ride in foxtrot but there was no renovation all of the hortons are just fully closed for whatever reason. Overall, a few minor improvements but a whole lot of ugh. Do better Disney.
edit: i just saw the top horton door of foxtrot open but none of the others.

BuschFlagsTowers

Did the starfield door effect work properly in the 5th Dimension or was it still "frozen" like in the video I sent a few posts ago?
it worked properly from what i could see. both line lights were on and the stars shrank correctly too. most issues were with the drop shaft effects and the audio not syncing in the 5th dimension. also the dreaded led window and ghost reflections.

Rodj

it worked properly from what i could see. both line lights were on and the stars shrank correctly too. most issues were with the drop shaft effects and the audio not syncing in the 5th dimension. also the dreaded led window and ghost reflections.
Last question, are you sure that the hallway scene BGM was synchronized? The last time it was close to synchronized was up to 2008. What it did was when the doors opened to the hallway scene, the BGM "skipped" forward a few seconds to when the drums stop and the "xylophone/strings bit" started

BuschFlagsTowers

Last question, are you sure that the hallway scene BGM was synchronized? The last time it was close to synchronized was up to 2008. What it did was when the doors opened to the hallway scene, the BGM "skipped" forward a few seconds to when the drums stop and the "xylophone/strings bit" started
i wasn’t really paying attention but from past experience it probably was not synced up fully.

Last edited:

Rodj

Nearly two months later and still nothing has changed besides the new drop motor in Echo(Still running the modified Tower4 profiles). Its absolutely disappointing Disney thinks the state it is in is acceptable. Do they not realize they can actually increase capacity slightly if they fix the delay with the drop sequence motion starting a few seconds after the audio and effects?(This isn't because of it not locked in fully, its just a simple programming error that is telling the motor controller to start later than it should) It would mean that the AGV's would leave the drop shaft a few seconds earlier than it is currently.
I am heading down in January and I am going to discuss with one of the CMs/service people directly about these issues and if they are going to be addressed.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Nearly two months later and still nothing has changed besides the new drop motor in Echo(Still running the modified Tower4 profiles). Its absolutely disappointing Disney thinks the state it is in is acceptable. Do they not realize they can actually increase capacity slightly if they fix the delay with the drop sequence motion starting a few seconds after the audio and effects?(This isn't because of it not locked in fully, its just a simple programming error that is telling the motor controller to start later than it should) It would mean that the AGV's would leave the drop shaft a few seconds earlier than it is currently.
I am heading down in January and I am going to discuss with one of the CMs/service people directly about these issues and if they are going to be addressed.
I’d advise doing so at Guest Relations so the comments are documented

DoleWhipDrea

If anyone is up for it, I would suggest making a side by side comparison video of the old vs. modified drop sequences and alerting the WDW social media sites. This is not known enough and Disney probably won't do anything until it is.
Do we know if maintenance has any video documentation of all original effects working throughout the parks and attractions to reference when looking for their laundry list of things to fix? Obviously more recent attractions are pretty heavily documented in various ways, but I wonder about older attractions. I know that attractions like Haunted Mansion would have blueprints and notes of scenes with noteworthy special effects, but do we know if WED/WDI took the time to record everything for reference? And are they then shared with those that are running those attractions day-to-day?

It certainly doesn't help that so many people got laid off or retired... 😞

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do we know if maintenance has any video documentation of all original effects working throughout the parks and attractions to reference when looking for their laundry list of things to fix? Obviously more recent attractions are pretty heavily documented in various ways, but I wonder about older attractions. I know that attractions like Haunted Mansion would have blueprints and notes of scenes with noteworthy special effects, but do we know if WED/WDI took the time to record everything for reference? And are they then shared with those that are running those attractions day-to-day?

It certainly doesn't help that so many people got laid off or retired... 😞
Every effect would be documented as built.

The biggest problem in the past has been a wall of indifference from middle management when cast have requested things be fixed. They got so far then were basically told “it’s good enough.”

But at least they gave us paid Fastpass instead.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Every effect would be documented as built.

The biggest problem in the past has been a wall of indifference from middle management when cast have requested things be fixed. They got so far then were basically told “it’s good enough.”

But at least they gave us paid Fastpass instead.

Ah, the hallmark of the Bobs-era Disney - "Good enough". :banghead:

Last edited:

Rodj

On a 3 day vacation at Disney(today is the 2nd day) and got my first few rides of Tower in(going back to HS later today and tomorrow), and the cameras don’t lie. The window projection looks so out of place(it almost looks black and white compared to the walls), and there are other issues I noticed that weren’t evident on videos. On Bravo the starfield in the VVC doesn’t turn on during the end of the hallway scene, and on Echo side, only one of the ghost lights(for the molds) was working.
I brought a 3 page paper describing the issues and shown it to many of the CMs there and later on I handed it to a coordinator to give to maintenance, so let’s hope it got to the right hands.

Rodj

Just a update post before I forget. I talked to a different coordinator today and got some info. First off, they are aware of some of these issues and will have many of these looked at during the “major refurbishment” that they said will come in around a year, and even said new elements would be added with it too. I asked about the modified drop sequences and was told that the motors can’t handle the original versions(what I thought). Echo did have a motor swap but only with a older refurbished motor that used to be on the ride. They said it would have to be an entirely built up motor before they can try the original versions again. One last tidbit is that originally for the 50th, they were going to add the Summer Nightastic sequence or a different new sequence but COVID threw it off.

Rodj

I meant to post this back in January but have forgotten to, but I wanting to share an "experience" I had related to my letter.
On the 2nd day of our trip for the last ride of the night, as I was getting off, there was a plaid shirt ambassador waiting at unload. She seemed slightly displeased at me, and came over to tell me that I didn't need to make a list of the broken effects because they mark down what is not functioning properly(then why not fix the simple ones?). I had a feeling of guilt after I left, though my friend who works at a different area in Disney assure me that she wasn't trying to make me feel bad, but oh well.
On the last ride of the night on day 3, which I was able to get an alone ride, I felt that they were suspicious of me or something, because during the show scene portion, the call box on the VVC had a red light lit up on it(though not in the drop shaft), making me think they were listening in on me.

A stream from today shows that the 8th/middle Horton doors on Foxtrot are finally fixed, but that's all I know because they didn't ride it.

renansimoes

Just a update post before I forget. I talked to a different coordinator today and got some info. First off, they are aware of some of these issues and will have many of these looked at during the “major refurbishment” that they said will come in around a year, and even said new elements would be added with it too. I asked about the modified drop sequences and was told that the motors can’t handle the original versions(what I thought). Echo did have a motor swap but only with a older refurbished motor that used to be on the ride. They said it would have to be an entirely built up motor before they can try the original versions again. One last tidbit is that originally for the 50th, they were going to add the Summer Nightastic sequence or a different new sequence but COVID threw it off.
They really should add some new drop sequences. For a Tower 5 I would:

- mashup tower 1 and 2 to a new sequence (I really like the tower 1 first ascending suspense and the fake drop, and the intense tower 2 drops)
- keep fear every drop and big drops sequence
- add dca drop sequence (I know it's similar to window sequence, but it has a full big drop)
- add summer nightastic
- add a totally new sequence (or 2 if the computer can handle it)

So, that would be 6~7 random drop sequences

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom