Tower of Terror effects status watch

Rodj

Notice something different?
1621390755729.png

The memory maker light on the left side was taken out and the right side is aimed more towards the center now on Foxtrot side. Not sure if they took it off to service, removing them completely, or just moving to one "front" light. If it is the former, I am not sure why because that one still seemed to be working earlier in the month while on Echo side, only 1 out of all of them is working.

I have noticed that the right side of the 7th Horton doors is having the same issue now that the 7th Horton doors on Echo side have been having where the first time it opens at the start of the drop sequence, it will close immediately upon opening fully despite not getting a command to close. This was the same side which in Spring 2019, was stuck closed while the other side still worked. I am not sure if they put a new controller on that side only which creates that issue.

Rodj

Anyone know if there is an unannounced refurb going on right now with Tower? Echo has been closed off the past few days.

Rodj

Got my answer and it isn't much. This didn't even seem like a normal refurbishment for how short it was closed for.
The starfield doors are working now thankfully.
The real reason why Foxtrot only has 1 front facing memory maker light now is because in typical Disney fashion, they moved it over and changed out the non-working one on Echo. So now there is 2 front facing lights on Echo and 1 on Foxtrot. Why not just remove the broken one on Echo, angle the working one towards the center, and leave Foxtrot's alone? The only reason I can see is because none of the ceiling lights are working on Echo while there are still some working on Foxtrot.
Besides that, nothing else is different. The permits shown much later end dates so maybe those haven't started yet and this was just extended downtime?

BuschFlagsTowers

7th hortons on echo are still busted, the audio in the hallway was way out of sync, & i believe i got tower 4 but the lights not air cannons were working for the ghosts in the shaft. the lightning in the shaft was kinda working tho. all of this is for echo btw.

Rodj

There seems to be some changes going on at the Tower of Terror.
A minor thing that I can confirm is that the issue with the ghost projection reflecting onto the floor is fixed. Though there are other changes in this video:

Alpha's BGM seems louder in the video but a bigger thing is that the drop shaft speakers in Echo are loud sounding in this video. I can't confirm this as it could just be his camera made it sound louder than normal, because for some reason no live streamers have rode it in the past week or so.
Could someone heading to DHS soon be a volunteer and film both Foxtrot and Echo sides?

Rodj

Found some other videos from this week, things are getting weird, especially on Foxtrot side.
The stuff going on with Foxtrot started either on the 15th or the 16th, as a stream from the 14th shown none of the things I am going to discuss happening.

Charlie:

One notable change is with the 5th dimension transfer audio, its playing the shorter version of the BGM meant for Alpha/Delta now, though it is still using the correct BGM track for the start to hallway scene. I'm unsure if this was a redo of the mix or if wires got swapped around for the audio(A former CM told me this is probably why audio is easily mixed up between the two show shafts) but I hope it is temporary or they at least add back the door close SFX(as it was part of the BGM mix instead of the scene SFX like Delta).

Foxtrot(same video):
The drop shaft speakers were working on the 14th, but in this video taken either on the 15th or 16th, they are either not playing anything or the speakers finally fried after a supposed volume increase. In the next video I will show, the "tremolo" effect with the volume of the VVC speakers unfortunately made a return too. The basement speakers for the glass breaking SFX and the BGM/narration post-ride have gotten quiet. Even the exit safety spiel became muffled too. Come on guys, this is literally Echo of 2019 all over again.
On the positive side, the lightning strobes are functioning again(not all of them though).

Delta:

1626634610608.png

Notice anything out of place here? Delta went from having the dimmest window projection to the brightest. Even Bravo's window projection was never this bright back then. To make matters worse, the projector never turns off after the window shatters either.
The BGM definitely seems louder, and while I am all for increased volume, the track with the ding and door close SFX is very quiet now.

I like that they are experimenting now, but I hope some of these changes are temporary or fixed. Echo side is the better side to go on right now, as Foxtrot side is a mess right now. @Rod Serling did say before that stuff gets wonky when a few things are changed, so maybe that's what is going on?

Magenta Panther

Oh my god, is this for real? I think I'm going to throw up.

TDO, you have hit rock bottom. All you had to do with this stellar ride is maintain it, but all you stumblebums do is ruin it. You are pathetic indeed. Damned if I'll visit WDW this year, if ever again. If you had any shame, you'd be feeling it right now. Eff you!

Rodj

New live stream from today where they rode on Alpha, and it too has the bright window projection in the hallway scene, we can probably assume it is like that in Bravo too. But this stream does confirm that Alpha does have re-balanced narration/BGM/SFX levels. I am curious to know if Bravo still has the longer 5th dimension transfer BGM or if it was changed just like Charlie.
The lightning SFX in Echo is also loud sounding in the stream, however I couldn't really hear if the drop shaft speakers were playing anything during the drop sequence(They got profile 4, it is easy to tell most on profile 3 since the drop shaft track isn't synchronized well on profile 3). So either the lightning SFX was changed to play out of the VVC speakers, the drop shaft speakers are only playing the lightning SFX, or it is fully working but the camera didn't pick it up well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom