Tower of Terror effects staing?

hiddenMICKEY815

Almost every time I've ridden the right side (when looking at the building) lately, I've heard the "a warm welcome back to those of you who made it" message when entering the drop shaft. Considering you were never supposed to hear this there before, I doubt you're supposed to be hearing it now...

the voice that would tell us we've gone beyond the 5th dimension would cover it up so we wouldnt hear it, we hear it now because the music they have playing isnt enough to block it out.

thelookingglass

No. You are not supposed to hear it, because its not supposed to BE playing there. Also, it only happens on one side, so its obviously a programming error. Oh, and I'm positive it was doing this before the piano music.

Think about it, Rod's "beyond the 5th dimension" message wasn't that much louder to the point where it would magically mask you hearing the ending audio, music and all, that is only supposed to play on the bottom floor.

hiddenMICKEY815

No. You are not supposed to hear it, because its not supposed to BE playing there. Also, it only happens on one side, so its obviously a programming error. Oh, and I'm positive it was doing this before the piano music.

Think about it, Rod's "beyond the 5th dimension" message wasn't that much louder to the point where it would magically mask you hearing the ending audio, music and all, that is only supposed to play on the bottom floor.

It isn't playing there, it's playing just below you and it's being heard over the tip top club music. That's the issue.

thelookingglass

No, its not. Trust me. Its playing in the wrong spot. If you were hearing it from the ground floor, then why didn't we ever hear it before? And why would you only be able to hear it on one side? Logically you would be able to hear it on both sides, right?

I rode in a nearly empty, quiet elevator, and can tell you it was definitely coming from the speakers ABOVE the vehicle. Its playing in the wrong spot.

Pseybert

The only effect I wish came back and I think it only ran from 1994-1995 because of costs is where the elevator used to literally come out of the shaft and tip the elevator toward and facing the ground a little before dropping.

Does anyone remember this or know why they got rid of it? :shrug:

mp2bill

The only effect I wish came back and I think it only ran from 1994-1995 because of costs is where the elevator used to literally come out of the shaft and tip the elevator toward and facing the ground a little before dropping.

Uh oh!

hiddenMICKEY815

No, its not. Trust me. Its playing in the wrong spot. If you were hearing it from the ground floor, then why didn't we ever hear it before? And why would you only be able to hear it on one side? Logically you would be able to hear it on both sides, right?

I rode in a nearly empty, quiet elevator, and can tell you it was definitely coming from the speakers ABOVE the vehicle. Its playing in the wrong spot.

I didn't hear it above, I heard it below.....And I rode both sides, it turned into zombieland so the right side didn't have a huge line so i was able to do it without the usual wait.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I don't think that would be possible.

drossjr

I would hope that most of the effects go away. Granted the wall is cool and the flashing lights in the boiler room are nice but covering up the entire fifth dimension with star curtains and adding a projection is not what I'd like to see the tower reduced to.

exactly, I didnt like the curtains in the 5th dimension, i love the original way the 5th dimension looks but I was fine with the other changes:shrug:

Rob562

Ah yes... The good ol' "my elevator car came OUT of the shaft!!!!" effect that never, ever existed yet many people insist that it happened... :hammer:

-Rob

Pseybert

I didn't hear it above, I heard it below.....And I rode both sides, it turned into zombieland so the right side didn't have a huge line so i was able to do it without the usual wait.

Irrefutable proof. Clearly there is nobody else who has ridden both sides, the the sound is definitely coming from below. No programming glitch imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom