Tower Of Terror drop sequences

glendroid

Original Poster
i've read on sites that there are only 4 different drop sequences and from that i've been able to memorize all of them and recognize them while riding.

but yesterday i rode a totally new one. can any one confirm?

Rob562

Though I've found that the same sequence can have slight variances in each drop shaft (Echo/Foxtrot), possibly just due to slight differences in response time, etc of the systems.

There have also been times where the bounce/shudder at the bottom of the shaft during the "fake ending" of one of the sequences is more pronounced some times but not others. That could have to do with the weight of the Guests in the car, though.

-Rob

mrtoad

I liked it much better before the "random" was put in. Now rather than ever feel that trill/terror of the floor dropping out, I just feel like a yo-yo....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Boy...now I am very confused...this means only four types of drops...everyone else says infinity
Not everyone. There are only 4 drop sequences. Not infinity. Not 8. Just 4.

For the moment.

going2oahu

Scooter

I agree with the other poster that the drop sequences that they have now ruin the effects of the ride. Before It really felt like a cable snapped and you were falling to your death. Now I feel like I'm bouncing on a trampoline when I ride TOT. It's still FUN mind you...but to me, it's no longer terrifying.

I don't know... I was scared before, but one drop wasn't much. I hadn't ridden TOT much but in my last trip in May we had one (I think the top right sequence) that had us at the bottom and started playing a video.. I thought we were done until the video quickly shut off and we shot up real fast. It really caught me off guard and made the ride amazing. I had never had that happen before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom