Towel animals

WDWScottieBoy

dandaman said:
Haha, I have a Stitch towel on my dresser here, too. We're both fugitives...:lol:
P.S. I have 14 bottles of WDW soap and shampoo, just counted. :lol:

In that case, along with my three towel animals, I have 6 bars of bath soap, 13 bars of facial soap and 11 bottles of shampoo/conditioner from WDW. I've also go 4 or 5 Walt Disney World pens and a couple notepads. And three "Welcome" cards to add to the collection! :lol:

Oh yeah, and one "100 Years of Magic" phonebook from the resort room.

That makes a total of 40+ items from my room! :zipit: :lol: :sohappy:

Pippa

I only got towel animals in 2000 at CBR. I got two bunnies, and never got them on other trips i guess its just luck as to your mousekeepers.

longfamily

Original Poster
You guys have recieved some great service! I didn't even realize that the housekeepers could make so many varieties of towel animal:)
There has got to be a class for that! I hope we get something really fun on our next trip

MissM

That's pretty cool. I've never seen that before. Then again, I've only ever stayed at WDW once. (Wilderness Lodge) Living so close by it's often hard to justify the cost though I really would love to stay over again. (And man, I wanna see some of these creations!)
-m

SewIn2Disney

I've gotten various animals (a bunny, a dog (?) and some other things. One of the coolest things we got was a towel sink organizer. They folded the towel into something with a few pockets and put our toothbrushes and toothpaste, and contact cases into. It was so cute we took a few pictures, but didn't take it. I did take the bunny though.

MickeyLuv'r

PurpleDragon said:
The creativity of the mousekeepers definately makes the onsite experience that much more enjoyable.
Just one more magical reason why onsite is better! We had several left for us holding the toothbrushes, too. We were friendly to the mousekeepers, AND we left a tip for them every day. We absolutely got our money's worth by tipping. Also, they arranged stuffed animals left in the room. A little kindness can go a long ways. I've had a number of jobs myself dealing with the public, and some lessons you never forget.

PurpleDragon

Disnut said:
How much do you noramlly tip at the resorts. I have never stayed at a resort and who do you tip, how much?
For me, on my more lengthy stays, I would tip like a few bucks a day. But some mousekeepers won't take the money. I think I remember getting a note one time saying that the tip was not needed and they appreciated the offer but were just happy to serve. It was a long time ago, not sure how long. Don't know if that was company policy at the time or just personal ethics on their part.

shari71

In 2002 at POR we had bunnies and ghosts along with stuffed animal arrangements. Never tipped before or during that trip. Just didn't know that you were supposed to.

Last year at GF, we left a tip each day and nothing was left for us nor did they arrange any stuffed animals.

This year we again left tips. We did get stuffed animal arrangements but no towel animals. I did see other rooms where they had made dragons and placed them in the window so the kids would see them when they get back from the parks, but we were never so lucky.

Wish they had a better plan to do this instead of hit or miss.

Been_There

PurpleDragon said:
On one of the trips my wife and I took, we each had frogs on the counter around the sink. They were holding our toothbrushes in their mouths. It was the neatest thing!! I have had so many over the years I can't remember them all, we have had the monkey, a rabbit, a swan soap holder, the above mentined frogs, we bought a minnie for a friend one time and they made a car for it. :lol:

The creativity of the mousekeepers definately makes the onsite experience that much more enjoyable.
We got little Bunny holders on our sink, the first time we got a little towel animal but I think it was because we were very sloppy around the sink area. I think it might have been a message. But for the kids there were always fun little things in the room waiting for them when they returned. One time they brought in a Buzz Light Year autographed picture and left it on the stand by the bed.

The second time we got two little Eskimo type people at the Polynesian.

MickeyLuv'r

I usually tip a couple dollars a day. I leave it on the nightstand between the beds. Sometimes I also leave a "thanks" on the hotel stationary. In the grand sum of my vacation bill, a few bucks is nothing. The mousekeepers can't be making that much money themselves, and cleaning rooms probably isn't the most fun job in the world. I'm sure they appreciate it much more than I miss it.

longfamily

Original Poster
MickeyLuv'r said:
I usually tip a couple dollars a day. I leave it on the nightstand between the beds. Sometimes I also leave a "thanks" on the hotel stationary. In the grand sum of my vacation bill, a few bucks is nothing. The mousekeepers can't be making that much money themselves, and cleaning rooms probably isn't the most fun job in the world. I'm sure they appreciate it much more than I miss it.
How do they know the money is for them? We haven't left tips before for the mousekeepers. I didn't realize that was standard practice:eek:

Shouts Out: I'M SO SORRY MOUSEKEEPERS! WE WILL DO BETTER NEXT TIME!

I feel like a big meanie now:cry:

So how would you leave them money? Include a note everytime or just leave it on the bed? I'm sure that it has happened a time or two that someone left a bit of cash out on accident, that was not intended for the mousekeepers. Would they just pick that up?

Rydel

longfamily said:
So how would you leave them money? Include a note everytime or just leave it on the bed? I'm sure that it has happened a time or two that someone left a bit of cash out on accident, that was not intended for the mousekeepers. Would they just pick that up?
I was thinking the same thing...

MickeyKimmy

I always leave it in an envelope on the sink marked "Housekeeping" so they know to take it. Actually, I went a little overboard this year and actually printed envelopes with a disney design on them that said "Thank You Mousekeeping" - didn't make them, found them from a link on AllEarsNet. Anyway, we tipped $2 everyday (with my cute little envelopes :animwink: ) which we hadn't done before, and we got towel animals almost every day. I think the most I ever had was one towel animal for the entire stay. The best one was the elephant. I think the tipping may have helped. In general, we had the best housekeeping service that we ever had at WDW.

The Mom

Premium Member
For some reason, I always leave my tip on my pillow. I must have been told to do it that way somewhere along the line. I tip $5/day...more if the service is exceptional.

I save my soaps, shampoo, etc and donate them to a homeless shelter; the children really love them.

I 've gotten towel animals over the years. I think it really has to do with your mousekeeper's abilities, and how busy he/she is.

nibblesandbits

Wait, you're telling me that you guys take these towel animals home? Animals made out of hotel towels? Or am I just missing something? How have so many of you "taken" these towels?

stitchlvr

We stayed on property for the first time on our last trip and one of the things my kids were excited about was the possibilities of window displays and towel animals. Their friends who had been before told them about this. So after our first 2 days, and no animals/cute displays, I ended up taking it upon myself to do this upon our return to our room on our 3rd day. I had my husband delay the kids in the pool area and I rushed back and set up a simple window display (ASMovies). I took a washcloth and used the strings from the blinds to turn it into a swing and put a stuffed Stitch on it. I then arranged their toys and other goodies in the window. I didn't have the talent to make animals out of the towels, but the kids didn't seem to know the difference and didn't figure out that it was me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom