Towel animals

wdwdave09

Towel creations

We've had numerous different towel creations too. Our daughters bady doll in a canoe with pens as oars. A towel made to look like someone reading to my daughter's baby doll (reading a Disney pamphlet). We try to talk with housekeeping when we see them and don't tip until the last day. My mother talked with our housekeeper last time and left a pretty good tip as the housekeeping staff works pretty hard to keep the rooms clean and don't make very much from Disney so I feel its the least we can do to give some of the magic back to them.

weluvtink

They make horses at Saratoga Springs. As far as tipping goes, I like to leave a tip daily if we want them to come in and clean. I do that because you may have a different person cleaning each time. I don't know if housekeeping splits their tips or not.

DisneyPinDad

When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in November 2002, my wife and I renewed our wedding vows by the MK castle. As part of this, we got the bride and groom ears. We left them in our room the next day and when we came back from the parks, there were 2 towel "people" sitting on the bed wearing the hats. Each had eyes, nose and mouth.

VERY COOL!!

DisneyPinDad

2000 - Dixie Landings - Gone but not forgotten
2001 - Off Site (never again)
2002 - Wilderness Lodge - the BEST of Times
2004 - Carribean Beach - Nice, but June is just too HOT!
2005 - Wilderness Lodge - the week after Thanksgiving - HOME AGAIN!

PurpleDragon

PhotoDave219 said:
Errr.... A lady who used to come to MK with a baby made up of towels, dressed in baby clothes. I cant explain further because its just... well, insane.
Really???:confused: Okay thats just wierd!!:lol: :lookaroun :lol:

nibblesandbits

So do they end up charging you for these towel animals? Just curious cause I would have never even thought to take them in the first place. I would assume that they would. (Sorry if this is a stupid question!)

How do they know the money is for them? We haven't left tips before for the mousekeepers. I didn't realize that was standard practice:eek:

Shouts Out: I'M SO SORRY MOUSEKEEPERS! WE WILL DO BETTER NEXT TIME!

I feel like a big meanie now:cry:
We just know if it's in places like ontop of the sink, or on one of the nightstands or on the table or sometimes people leave it on the bed, which is a bad place to leave it sometimes since we're in a hurry and just start tossing things around.

How much do you noramlly tip at the resorts. I have never stayed at a resort and who do you tip, how much?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
5 to 10 dollars is an awesome amount of money I think. :D Everyday I'd get around 2 to 5 dollars. Considering the awesome job we do sometimes, I think that would be a decent amount of tipping. And majority of the time, one house keeper gets a certain section of the resort and that's the way it works everyday. The section can be thiers for long periods of time. I'd always get 3rd floor beach numbers so and so for about 4 months, then they changed me to consiere , which I loved because when it was time to clean the consiegre, we'd get the food that was gonna be thrown away =) Anyhow, it all depends on what you get that early moring of 5:30am

Wait, you're telling me that you guys take these towel animals home? Animals made out of hotel towels? Or am I just missing something? How have so many of you "taken" these towels?
Yup, these towels are made of 100 percent love and dedication. Heh... and towels. We have millions of towels brought to us everyday so we never run out. =) I've taken whatever I learned how to make. Heh....

On the subject of tipping. I think it is better to leave a dollar or two every day instead of leaving a lump tip at the end of your stay. My reasoning is that the staff may be different throughout your stay. Leaving something each day means that everyone who takes care of your room gets appreciated
The housekeeper you get is the housekeeper for the rest of your stay majority of the time. Depends as well as who shows up that day but 98 percent, the first housekeeper that you get, will be the one that stays with you the whole trip.

I think that's about it. Sorry for having such a big post. I like to answer any curious thoughts you might have considering I usedto work for disney as a mousekeeper and stuff. I like giving advice and well anyhow, housekeepers don't split tips at all, what we get we get all to ourselves and you're right, disney doesn't pay them enough so tips are always the better way to go. Besides, not tipping is just being cheap imo >_>;; I always have to leave some tip.

As for housekeeping, I don't do that anymore since it was the program and belive you me, housekeeping is very hard work. I'd have to lug a huge cart everyday and do 16 rooms a day. Depending on how the guest where, I'd always have fun with them and creating magic was something great to do to them. Thank you notes are very warming as well. I'm sure most of you don't know, but most of the housekeepers keep every single thank you note guest leave them. We'd share them most of the time during breaks or when we'd have stories to tell of our day. Anyhow x_x enough talking for me. If you have any other concerns about mousekeepers, let me know. I'd be happy to answer. =)

dandaman

WDWScottieBoy said:
In that case, along with my three towel animals, I have 6 bars of bath soap, 13 bars of facial soap and 11 bottles of shampoo/conditioner from WDW. I've also go 4 or 5 Walt Disney World pens and a couple notepads. And three "Welcome" cards to add to the collection! :lol:

Oh yeah, and one "100 Years of Magic" phonebook from the resort room.

That makes a total of 40+ items from my room! :zipit: :lol: :sohappy:
We "borrowed" a lot of various Disney hotel items, too. Now if I only had scissors, I'd cut out the bedsheet from Port Orleans. My HM obsession has escalated. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom