towel animals

kerrie

Original Poster
i was told that the better tip we leave that we would probably be rewarded with a towel animal or something like it. is this true. and I was thinking 2 dollars a day does this sound right? howoften does house keeping come to the rooms at the value resorts?

tigsmom

i was told that the better tip we leave that we would probably be rewarded with a towel animal or something like it. is this true. and I was thinking 2 dollars a day does this sound right? howoften does house keeping come to the rooms at the value resorts?

No, it's not true. It depends on how busy the mousekeeper is and if she even knows how to make them (not all do). We always tip and there have been times we have gotten a large display of towel animals and stuffed toys arranged and there are entire trips we get nothing. When we checked into the Boardwalk Inn we had some waiting for us, but received no more during our stay. We usually leave about $5/day and we try to keep ours rooms tidy.

I haven't stayed at the Value resorts, but I would imagine it's once a day like the others (unless, of course, you need something).

WDWFREAK53

We didn't have a towel "animal" but we had a hidden Mickey made out of towels.

Three towels wrapped in "rings" and waiting on the bed when we arrived.

klineski96

We didn't have a towel "animal" but we had a hidden Mickey made out of towels.

Three towels wrapped in "rings" and waiting on the bed when we arrived.

I can't recall ever having anything more than the Hidden Mickey towels too. Maybe this summer at Wilderness Lodge will be different. Yeah a few bucks a day is a nice tip.

(...oh yeah WDWFREAK, GO MAGIC!!!:animwink:)

xsupaxmanxsfnex

When we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort we had an animal everyday. I forget what animal it was but they were pretty small and had stickers on them for eyes.

tigsmom

We've gotten bunnies, elephants and the Mickey head made of towels.

There are books available to learn how to make these

Azerin

Actually if you really want Towel Animals... leave them a note asking (nicely of course)... the first trip I took my BF with me he had never stayed on site at WDW and he was excited about maybe getting a towel animal... since I know it doesn't always happen and since we were two adults with no kids the likelihood was less I left a note the first day asking if possible we would love a towel animal and why... when we came back from the parks that night there were a few towel animals waiting for us... Dan was VERY excited :) No guarentee even with the note as they might not have time or know how... but I think it greatly increases your chances of getting one :)

I normally stay in the value resorts (Pop mostly) and normally tip a couple dollars a day even though there isn't really much they need to do to our room.

cblodg

We've run the gambit from whales and rabbits to the three towel circles in the shape of Mickey's head. We've also had none too. We don't really judge how the Mouskeeping is by the presence or lack of towel animals.

As we're DVC and pretty much only stay in DVC resorts, we don't get Mouskeeping everyday, nor do we wish to pay extra for it. We still leave a nice tip on the day they do come in. I personally am a big tipper. I will leave $20 on the table, along with a Thank You card that my company has made up for us to give out when we recieve excellent service.

purranha

Stayed at AKL and were treated to all sorts of towel animals mixed with my kids stuffed animals, including one with all the animals sitting on the bed reading a book. Never left a tip. Feel bad now. Were do you leave a tip?
Going to be at WL in three weeks!!!

purranha

Almost forgot, the very best was a pool set up with the animals lounging and swimming it in. Have a picture somewhere, will try to post when it comes up.

Phonedave

When i went on a cruise we were left a towell chicken on a coathanger.

The cruises are towel animal city. Of course you have the same porter for the entire cruise, and at the end you hand him an envelope. So they know that if they put forth the effort, and it results in a big tip, they will be the ones getting it.

-dave

jonnyc

Stayed at AKL and were treated to all sorts of towel animals mixed with my kids stuffed animals, including one with all the animals sitting on the bed reading a book. Never left a tip. Feel bad now. Were do you leave a tip?

We usually leave the money with a thank you note on the table.

tigsmom

We leave the money in an envelope on the counter by the sink (where mousekeeping usually leave a card telling who they are).

DisneyRunner

In March we stayed at ASMu and we had the best mousekeeper. I believe her name was Robin. We had swans, a small dog playing with the tissue box, a bird by the sink and one in the shower curtain, a rabbit and another lounging dog. One day we returned to our room and I noticed some animals were missing. To my surprise the animals were in the bathroom playing with the toliet paper. We did tip and left notes thanking her for the towel animals. When we saw her I told her she was the best at towel animals.

DizneyPryncess

I just got back yesterday from a week at the Boardwalk, and we didn't get any towel animals all week. We tip at the end of the week, instead of each day. I guess tipping each day could potentially help get little things done w/the towels. You know what else I noticed? We had wake up calls every morning, and none of them were ever characters - just music.

Hmm. No complaints though. We were upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom villa as a surprise so I was super happy with that. :)

Steve-B

Wilderness Lodge 2008

I hope this thread isn't completely dead yet -these are the only towel animals my family saw despite tipping $4 per day.
Our 3-ring Mickey was waiting for us after check-in, so he doesn't really count.

IMG_0321.JPG

This was the only other "towel animal" we got. I don't even know what it's supposed to be.

IMG_0443.JPG

Pooh Lover

We normally leave $5 each day for my husband and I. This past September at the Wilderness Lodge we got a different towel animal every day, which has never happened before. Normally get one the first day and maybe one more during the 7 days. I was like a kid running into the room every day to see what was there. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom