TouringPlans.com website

kybred72

Trying to view the crowd calendar and it will do that for me if I provide the following answers from the 2007 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (including "With Kids" and "For Adults" versions). I don't own this book. If you have your book handy, would anybody want to share the answers with me??? Thank you! :wave:

Unofficial Guide owners: Have your book handy to answer the following two questions, and we'll display the rest of the crowd calendar for you at no charge.​
On page 2, what's the first word of the second full paragraph? Hint: The sentence ends with "horror," "World," or "available."
What's the last word in the first paragraph on page 127? Hint: The sentence begins with "For," "If," or "waiting."

SPOERLX3

I will look at the crowd calendar for you

I dont have my book, but I do belong to touring plans and will be happy to look at the calendar and pass you the info, just let me know what dates you are needing to look at.

Upvote 0

SPOERLX3

here you go

Sat, 22 Sep '07 6 MK EP DS AK Sun, 23 Sep '07 5 AK MK Mon, 24 Sep '07 6 EP DS AK Tue, 25 Sep '07 4 MK DS EP AK Wed, 26 Sep '07 4 MK DS AK Thu, 27 Sep '07 6 EP AK MK Fri, 28 Sep '07 5 AK MK EP DS MNSSHP

Let's see if this comes out right, when I try and post it.

Upvote 0

Ingrid

I have the book, let's see...

1st question: The first word of the second paragraph is SHE.
2nd question: The last word in the first paragraph is GENERAL.

Just in case you still needed it.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

:lookaroun um, just so you know, the owner of Touringplans.com and one of the book authors is a regular on this site. Go buy the book. It's worth every penny and then you can get into the site and get what you want when you want it.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
:lookaroun um, just so you know, the owner of Touringplans.com and one of the book authors is a regular on this site. Go buy the book. It's worth every penny and then you can get into the site and get what you want when you want it.

Plus,

• it's got great re-readability
  • make's a great coffeetable
  • can be used to flatten stuff
  • and...goes great in the library

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
Thanks for all the assistance! :wave: Esp Spoerlx3 for your persistance! :D

I hope I didn't come off as a 'cheapskate' :lookaroun I guess I wanted to avoid buying a new planning book when I've already got 3 others!

Is paying for the online material the same as what's in the book?

Upvote 0

imamouse

Buy the book

The website, www.touringplans.com, contains updates to the book, plus a lot of handy tools, such as the crowd calendar, hotel search engine, and of course the touring plans. The book is published annually and usually comes out around Aug.

I've tried other WDW guidebooks, but the Unofficial Guide to WDW is tops [to me]. I buy it every year and read it cover to cover. In addition to the great information it contains, it is written with a lot of humor (which appeals to me).

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

You can access many parts of the website for free. To access the full crowd calendar you must either have the most recent edition of the book or you can pay a small fee. I think it was $5.95. Either way is worth it.
I buy the book every year. It can't be beat!:)

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've been to WDW about a 100 times in my life and have never bought the official guide. However, I just plopped down the $7.95 on the touring plans site because there were a couple of pieces of data I wanted to look at and it takes a lot of legwork to gather all the information so I think it's the right thing to do. You're going to spend thousands of bucks on an Orlando vacation but you can't spend $8.00 to learn some things about said vacation?

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
You're going to spend thousands of bucks on an Orlando vacation but you can't spend $8.00 to learn some things about said vacation?

:eek: I'm truly not 'that' person. You know the one that wants something for nothing. I am so sorry if this post offends you. As I said in an earlier post I've already purchased 3 other guides and they only touch on the topic of crowds but this seemed to be more in depth. And quite honestly I didn't want to plunk down the $7.95 to just get the same regurgitated information. I have also been to Disney several times but my hubby and daughter have not. I just want to make this the best vaca ever so that they'll want to come back.

:wave:

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
:eek: I'm truly not 'that' person. You know the one that wants something for nothing. I am so sorry if this post offends you. As I said in an earlier post I've already purchased 3 other guides and they only touch on the topic of crowds but this seemed to be more in depth. And quite honestly I didn't want to plunk down the $7.95 to just get the same regurgitated information. I have also been to Disney several times but my hubby and daughter have not. I just want to make this the best vaca ever so that they'll want to come back.

:wave:

Your post doesn't offend me. I understand that you've purchased 3 guides already and probably feel like, "C'mon! Am I gonna spend 100 bucks on planning guides and such?" But, you are still trying to rip someone off. It's a small rip off and I believe a minor error in judgement, but a ripoff nonetheless. Look, I've done things like this myself, but it doesn't make them right.

Upvote 0

Bogie66

Great Deal

My Wife and I have been to WDW at least once or twice a year since we met in 2001. For the 50th Celebration of Disneyland we went to WDW in the middle of
June
as we thought it might be our only time to see the castle decorated. We usually always go during slow times and because of the crowds, and being our first time going with kids we had a really rough time.

This year we had a chance to go down for 1 day over spring break so we bought the touring plan subscription for the year, knowing how crowded it would be we really didn't know if it would work and since we considered
ourselves
pros who already used all the tricks in all the other books we were sceptical. Now my wife and I will never go with out a plan. Most of the rides had at least 1 hour waits but we stuck to the plan and never waited more than 15 minutes. Plus we
weren't
always wasting time deciding where to go next. We went to MK and Epcot in that 1 day and we felt like we accomplished more than we did spending 5 days there in November.

I say try it once and you'll probably be hooked.

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
"C'mon! Am I gonna spend 100 bucks on planning guides and such?" But, you are still trying to rip someone off. It's a small rip off and I believe a minor error in judgement, but a ripoff nonetheless. Look, I've done things like this myself, but it doesn't make them right.

That is exactly how I felt. Would rather spend money on the acutal vacation than to keep buying the 'wrong' guides.

A ripoff!? I'm gonna tell my cop husband tonight...maybe he'll put the cuffs on me! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

imamouse

My Wife and I have been to WDW at least once or twice a year since we met in 2001. For the 50th Celebration of Disneyland we went to WDW in the middle of
June
as we thought it might be our only time to see the castle decorated. We usually always go during slow times and because of the crowds, and being our first time going with kids we had a really rough time.

This year we had a chance to go down for 1 day over spring break so we bought the touring plan subscription for the year, knowing how crowded it would be we really didn't know if it would work and since we considered
ourselves
pros who already used all the tricks in all the other books we were sceptical. Now my wife and I will never go with out a plan. Most of the rides had at least 1 hour waits but we stuck to the plan and never waited more than 15 minutes. Plus we
weren't
always wasting time deciding where to go next. We went to MK and Epcot in that 1 day and we felt like we accomplished more than we did spending 5 days there in November.

I say try it once and you'll probably be hooked.

Hey Bogie66 - Your points are well put and speak to my experience as well with www.touringplans.com. I also noticed your location. I grew up in Athens (go DAWGS!).

Welcome to WDWMagic. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom