TouringPlans.com website

kybred72

Trying to view the crowd calendar and it will do that for me if I provide the following answers from the 2007 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (including "With Kids" and "For Adults" versions). I don't own this book. If you have your book handy, would anybody want to share the answers with me??? Thank you! :wave:

Unofficial Guide owners: Have your book handy to answer the following two questions, and we'll display the rest of the crowd calendar for you at no charge.​
On page 2, what's the first word of the second full paragraph? Hint: The sentence ends with "horror," "World," or "available."
What's the last word in the first paragraph on page 127? Hint: The sentence begins with "For," "If," or "waiting."

MickeyTigg

:eek: I'm truly not 'that' person. You know the one that wants something for nothing. I am so sorry if this post offends you. As I said in an earlier post I've already purchased 3 other guides and they only touch on the topic of crowds but this seemed to be more in depth. And quite honestly I didn't want to plunk down the $7.95 to just get the same regurgitated information. I have also been to Disney several times but my hubby and daughter have not. I just want to make this the best vaca ever so that they'll want to come back.

:wave:

Well...The Unofficial Guide isn't going to regurge anything....it's take and style is unique among guidebooks. If you want the honest truth...get the Unofficial Guide and dump the others.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That is exactly how I felt. Would rather spend money on the acutal vacation than to keep buying the 'wrong' guides.

A ripoff!? I'm gonna tell my cop husband tonight...maybe he'll put the cuffs on me! :ROFLOL:

If there is one guidebook that you actually NEED to buy, it is The Unofficial Guide. Everything in there is meticulously researched, and nothing is regurgitated. It is a very, very sound investment. Their advice and strategies will make planning your trip, much, much easier. As far as I am concerned, it is the gold standard when it comes to Disney guides.

Upvote 0

Alztybrn

:lookaroun um, just so you know, the owner of Touringplans.com and one of the book authors is a regular on this site. Go buy the book. It's worth every penny and then you can get into the site and get what you want when you want it.

Ohhhh Len.... (sorry, couldn't resist:lol: )

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Very funny, Alztybrn.

Thanks for the kind words on the book, everyone, and thanks for visiting the site.

I don't mind the occasional posting of subscriber-only crowd calendar information from the site to help out a friend in need. If it's for a popular time of year, I'd prefer that it be done via PM instead of post. And if we can keep it to WDWMagic.com, that'd be great. The internets are really big. :ROFLOL:

Keeping the crowd calendar updated costs way more than what I make off the book itself, so that information isn't going to exist without subscriptions. Golden goose and all that.

Incidentally, I did a shout-out to WDWMagic in the dining section of the new edition, which should be available in August. And I believe I owe someone here a bunch of food, as y'all helped with the "Best Of" food categories earlier this year. I'll get with Steve and we'll do a drawing of some sort to pick a winner.

Len

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
Very funny, Alztybrn.

Thanks for the kind words on the book, everyone, and thanks for visiting the site.

I don't mind the occasional posting of subscriber-only crowd calendar information from the site to help out a friend in need. If it's for a popular time of year, I'd prefer that it be done via PM instead of post. And if we can keep it to WDWMagic.com, that'd be great. The internets are really big. :ROFLOL:

Keeping the crowd calendar updated costs way more than what I make off the book itself, so that information isn't going to exist without subscriptions. Golden goose and all that.

Incidentally, I did a shout-out to WDWMagic in the dining section of the new edition, which should be available in August. And I believe I owe someone here a bunch of food, as y'all helped with the "Best Of" food categories earlier this year. I'll get with Steve and we'll do a drawing of some sort to pick a winner.

Len

My trip is in September, historically not an overly crowded time of the year to go. What's your recomendation, should I pay for your website? Buy your current book? Or wait till the new version comes out in August? I do look forward to reading it. I'm sure that it will live up to the praise that it receives on this website.

I responded to your Best Of post a while back, I'm anxious to see what's on that list you compiled!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom