Tour Group season is upon us

PhotoDave219

for more information, click the link below.....
buzz1.bmp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean,_Old-Fashioned_Hate

I know. I've been on the sidelines for four of those games. Working.

I've photographed in the middle of a pregame scrum between both teams.

If you like, I can link it to Wikipedia page where are you can find the definition of a clue because clearly you don't have one.

photomatt

"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."

If you ever worked in WDW foods, you would hear that 50 times every time a group came to your location. It wasn't annoying or anything, it was just predictable.

In 1994, I drove a taxi in Orlando and WDW. Late one night I picked up a Brazilian tour guide who just had a booty call at one of the hotels. I asked him why there were so many Brazilian tour groups, and why they were always 15 years old. He said that a trip to Disney World is a rite of passage for Brazilians. It's like a Quinceañera for Latinas and a Bar/Bat Mitzvah for Jewish people. Those were his exact words. Back then it was just Brazilians, although nowadays it has obviously spread to other South American countries.

I stay away from the parks during the summer, but almost every time I go to Walmart there are busloads of them. It's most noticeable at the Poinciana Blvd and Turkey Lake Road locations. When I go to BestBuy it's usually full of South Americans as well, but not the tour groups. I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm not offended by their behavior, it's just odd to see so many of them. As long as they spend their money here it's a good thing.

cw1982

"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."
"Coke, no ice."

If you ever worked in WDW foods, you would hear that 50 times every time a group came to your location. It wasn't annoying or anything, it was just predictable.

In 1994, I drove a taxi in Orlando and WDW. Late one night I picked up a Brazilian tour guide who just had a booty call at one of the hotels. I asked him why there were so many Brazilian tour groups, and why they were always 15 years old. He said that a trip to Disney World is a rite of passage for Brazilians. It's like a Quinceañera for Latinas and a Bar/Bat Mitzvah for Jewish people. Those were his exact words. Back then it was just Brazilians, although nowadays it has obviously spread to other South American countries.

I stay away from the parks during the summer, but almost every time I go to Walmart there are busloads of them. It's most noticeable at the Poinciana Blvd and Turkey Lake Road locations. When I go to BestBuy it's usually full of South Americans as well, but not the tour groups. I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm not offended by their behavior, it's just odd to see so many of them. As long as they spend their money here it's a good thing.

Interesting... I'm not part of a tour group, and I almost always ask for my sodas with no ice lol

photomatt

Interesting... I'm not part of a tour group, and I almost always ask for my sodas with no ice lol

Do you do it 50 times? ;)
It's not such a big deal now, but when I was 18 it was something that stood out. I guess I thought it was funny because when I was an exchange student to Germany people would give me strange looks when I asked for a drink WITH ice.

cw1982

Do you do it 50 times? ;)
It's not such a big deal now, but when I was 18 it was something that stood out. I guess I thought it was funny because when I was an exchange student to Germany people would give me strange looks when I asked for a drink WITH ice.

Lol... actually, I ask for no ice because I can't drink much at a time if it's carbonated. The ice would mean my drink would be watered down yuckyness by the time I'd finish it.

Awesome that you've been to Germany. I'm jealous!

Marc Gil

Just got back from a trip over July 4th. There were quite the number of tour groups, but in their favor, most of those I saw were very well behaved. Exception to Argentina when they were playing just recently (and that was just a simple "Ar-gen-ti-na" chant that did not last forever, I doubt it lasted more than 5 minutes.) And the second being a group of girls getting happy with the rain - dancing on main street with their shoes off. Although someone must have said something as they headed out to they buses because playtime quickly ended and all shoes (except for those of one of the older members of the group) were quickly placed back on the feet and walking resumed.

What I did see were rude individuals, mostly American, judging by language and accents. To them, I apologize, I did not understand it was your vacation I was interrupting when the cashier asked me where I was from and answered. And to another couple, when I side stepped oncoming strollers and cross traffic, I did step in front of you as you attempted to run around me and get to the Phillarmagic queue line (I was not headed for) before me. Thank you for pointing out that I was the rude one there. I decided for the remainder of our trip I'd sit out the foot traffic in the stroller parking areas so I would not encounter you again. (Just kidding, and simply making a point... the tour groups did none of this.)

Although I thought it curious that the tour groups would elect to travel to Disney over one of the most crowded times instead of waiting a week to come, they would not impact my decision to visit again over the holiday week.
Yes, I was there during the July 4th weekend.... The Argentinian tour group's behavior was utterly atrocious, and the chanting was constant.

Mr Toad

I had the displeasure of staying at Pop Century last year when it was inundated with Brazilian tour groups. Buses full of them would pull up at all ours of the day and night (we're talking 2-3 am). They would get out of the bus and immediately start the chanting. Then when checking into their rooms they would run up and down the walkways in front of the rooms screaming at the top of their lungs. I made the mistake of stepping outside my room to tell a few of them to stop making so much noise. Bad idea. They then called my room phone constantly and would hang up when I answered. I ended up unplugging the phone from the wall. They would also dump all of their trash not IN the trash can by the hotel but AROUND the trash can as if they couldn't be bothered. The grounds were an absolute mess. They also took over the food court, shoving their way past people in line and being generally rude and pushy. And the parks...my god they were even worse there. The chanting...the cutting in line...the talking up the entire walkways...the leaving of backpacks everywhere...it was terrible.

You know what the CMs did when I complained? Not a single thing. I asked to be moved and was told there was nowhere they could move me. I complained day after day and was met with nothing but shrugs. It was quite possibly one of the worst vacations I've ever had and I haven't been back to WDW since.
That is why I will never stay at a value resort during the summer again. They completely take over. You will find us now at a deluxe or a moderate.

Figment2005

The Brazilians were somewhat bad, but the Argentinians this week were worse. Constant chanting, pushing, and pretending not to speak English in order to avoid directions... They're always shocked when you respond to them in Spanish (or Portuguese for the Brazilians) to tell them how rude they are acting....
The Argentinian groups are the pronounced chanters. They show no respect at all and will chant anywhere. Last year I had to deal with 3 groups chanting at each other from under the TTC monorail station. Not pleasant.

PhotoDave219

Every country that sense of noxious door groups to the Walt Disney World resort got their handed to them at the World Cup this year.

Uruguay? They lost. America and their obnoxious cheerleaders? Toast. Brazil? Complete and utter destruction. Argentina? Flopping like a dead fish.

Germany? The country that sends very nice and polite tourists? They won it all.

seahawk7

Every country that sense of noxious door groups to the Walt Disney World resort got their handed to them at the World Cup this year.

Uruguay? They lost. America and their obnoxious cheerleaders? Toast. Brazil? Complete and utter destruction. Argentina? Flopping like a dead fish.

Germany? The country that sends very nice and polite tourists? They won it all.
Karma?

Aurora1

The Argentinian groups are the pronounced chanters. They show no respect at all and will chant anywhere. Last year I had to deal with 3 groups chanting at each other from under the TTC monorail station. Not pleasant.

Agreed- They actually started chanting Argentina during the preshow to Fantasmic and people started booing them as no one could hear what the poor two MCs were saying...

note2001

If there is no verbiage associated with the park passes that states we all must be respectful of Disney cast members and do as instructed by them, otherwise face being ejected from the parks and our passes nullified, there needs to be.

With the new magic band system it should be easy enough for Disney security to identify the groups chanting and deal with them properly. Companies that offer tours that offend more than once would be not allowed back into any Disney park.

... well... that's what I would do.

71jason

Apparently the Brazilian teen tour groups got their own stretch of roped off beach yesterday at Blizzard. Not sure how common this is, or what the reasoning was, but found it curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom