Tour Group season is upon us

matt9112

Speaking as a life long badly behaved person, you lot are a bunch of overwound issue laden sad acts with small c conservative attitudes and a hatred for those what enjoys a good time. Nowt wrong with a bit of community singing.

it is overly disruptive to the rest of park guests who are not in your "group" it has nothing to do with personal opinions it is simply awful manners to walk around or...push around a theme park shouting (as loud as possible) how great your homeland is..in every aspect....this is not a middle school fire drill...its a theme park.You are not the only ones trying to have a good time, and as glad as i am that you are enjoying yourselves it should not be to the detriment of other park guests.

Nubs70

Ever watch the Dog Whisperer? Use your body like its a mountain that cannot be budged. Get your whole family to do it. Spread out, make a wall, and if the line skippers want to make a fuss drawing attention to themselves that's a good thing. Bring it. Most everyone around you is likely to back your story over theirs because nobody likes a line jumper. ;)
My favorite is a hip check.

matt9112

simply avoid.jpg

Aurora1

So are the brazilian tour groups quieting down now, after their national soccer team lost 7-1 today against germany or are they still obnoxiously chanting all over the place

The Brazilians were somewhat bad, but the Argentinians this week were worse. Constant chanting, pushing, and pretending not to speak English in order to avoid directions... They're always shocked when you respond to them in Spanish (or Portuguese for the Brazilians) to tell them how rude they are acting....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
it is overly disruptive to the rest of park guests who are not in your "group" it has nothing to do with personal opinions it is simply awful manners to walk around or...push around a theme park shouting (as loud as possible) how great your homeland is..in every aspect....this is not a middle school fire drill...its a theme park.You are not the only ones trying to have a good time, and as glad as i am that you are enjoying yourselves it should not be to the detriment of other park guests.

Richard, my homeland is indeed great, thats why your country is what it is today, but were not noted for our pubic coiffure, so your geography is well off. Perhaps if you werent so tightly wound as a nation and were a little more loud there would be fewer postal incidents.

But then perhaps its not the loudness you object to as much as the source of the loudness.

TRONorail12

I don't think the tour groups would be as much of a problem if they weren't always together in the large groups all day long. When I was younger, my school used to bring us to Cedar Point in Ohio. When we got there we were on our own until a designated time that we had to be back at the bus. I feel that if the tour groups just split up into groups of 4 or 5, then it would minimize a lot of the "disruptive" behavior caused by a group of say 50 or 75 of them all together.

RSoxNo1

A Facebook friend posted this evening (Friday, July 11th) that a fight had just broken out in the POTC queue. Apparently, half of a Brazilian tour group was trying to cut in line to catch up with the other half further up. The rest of the crowd began arguing which led to a fight and then, people started scattering.
I haven't heard any other reports but this person says that he was an eyewitness. Can anyone else confirm?
It's looting, it's allowed in Pirates of the Caribbean.

PhotoDave219

Just got back from a trip over July 4th. There were quite the number of tour groups, but in their favor, most of those I saw were very well behaved. Exception to Argentina when they were playing just recently (and that was just a simple "Ar-gen-ti-na" chant that did not last forever, I doubt it lasted more than 5 minutes.) And the second being a group of girls getting happy with the rain - dancing on main street with their shoes off. Although someone must have said something as they headed out to they buses because playtime quickly ended and all shoes (except for those of one of the older members of the group) were quickly placed back on the feet and walking resumed.

What I did see were rude individuals, mostly American, judging by language and accents. To them, I apologize, I did not understand it was your vacation I was interrupting when the cashier asked me where I was from and answered. And to another couple, when I side stepped oncoming strollers and cross traffic, I did step in front of you as you attempted to run around me and get to the Phillarmagic queue line (I was not headed for) before me. Thank you for pointing out that I was the rude one there. I decided for the remainder of our trip I'd sit out the foot traffic in the stroller parking areas so I would not encounter you again. (Just kidding, and simply making a point... the tour groups did none of this.)

Although I thought it curious that the tour groups would elect to travel to Disney over one of the most crowded times instead of waiting a week to come, they would not impact my decision to visit again over the holiday week.

Ive seen mostly Uruguayan and Argentinian groups in the parks; they were changing and the folks from Uruguay seemed the worst around July 4th. Just absolutely rude and chanting left and right.

Ran into a few brazilian tour groups at the mall and at target and ... well they're equally rude in public. The kid on the courtsey ECV that nearly ran me over wasnt cool.

skyphotographer

I was there in the middle of last month (June). While I saw many of the tour groups, as many as 6 at once, they were all behaving well and I didn't hear any chanting. The groups were about 50 in number and did each have at least 2 older members that appeared to be in charge.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I was there in the middle of last month (June). While I saw many of the tour groups, as many as 6 at once, they were all behaving well and I didn't hear any chanting. The groups were about 50 in number and did each have at least 2 older members that appeared to be in charge.
I was there in June too and had the similar experience as you did in regards to these tour groups. It looks like the June tour groups were much more well-behaved than the July tour groups based on what people on the boards are saying. I had hopes that some new rules and guidelines were in place for these groups, but it appears there is not.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
While the Brazillian and other tour groups can be annoying, I have had worse experiences with Jersey groups. I had the pleasure of being in ToT boiler room for about 15 minutes with a large group of guidos and I dont what was worse, the fist bumping and slow clapping or the overbearing smell of guys who had obviously taken a bath in Drakkar noir or some other brand of cologne. Their hair was so stiff from all the gel im pretty sure it was bullet proof.

aw14

While the Brazillian and other tour groups can be annoying, I have had worse experiences with Jersey groups. I had the pleasure of being in ToT boiler room for about 15 minutes with a large group of guidos and I dont what was worse, the fist bumping and slow clapping or the overbearing smell of guys who had obviously taken a bath in Drakkar noir or some other brand of cologne. Their hair was so stiff from all the gel im pretty sure it was bullet proof.
I have worked in NJ for the last 12-13 years. This made me smile.

Neither the tour groups nor the guidos are a positive experience.

aw14

My DH and I had an incident with the tour group 16 years ago. After we had graduated from college, we went to DW to celebrate. Well after 1 in the morning they were being incredibly loud at the hotel (All Star Music). My DH, who is an intimidating presence, walked out of our hotel room, and very loudly told them to stop. And to go to bed. And they listened.
I have to admit, this was me, as I am the DH. I have a hard time dealing with folks who impose their own self centered behavior on others, especially when we all pay a great deal to go and enjoy our vacations. For some of us, it is our only vacation for years. I am all for EVERYONE having the opportunity to enjoy themselves and their time in WDW. Just do not think your time is more important and/or more valuable than anyone elses.

With that said, I hate to say it, you have to say something in order to make it stop. Either say something to the groups or to a CM. I chose to the groups themselves. I am not sure if it was the fact that I am a large guy with a lot of tattoos who walked out of the room with no shirt and yelled with a deep voice, but at least it worked. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom