Tortuga just might be on its way!

Rosso11

Original Poster
This past week I had the pleasure of catching up with some old CM buddies and I got a few interesting pieces of news to share. Well it looks like Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribbean will be going into the old Verenda restaurant in Adventureland. Its been empty for years and with the new dining plan the demand for sit down restaurants has been through the roof. From what I understand is that they want Tortuga to be the equivalant of the Royal Table restaurant in the castle for boys. This plan is moving along very quickly inside Disney. Everyone seems to be very excited about it and the budget keeps jumping up. It seems they want to spend big money on this project and have animatronic figures throughout the restaurant. I was told it will be greenlit very soon and as soon as it does construction will begin immediatly.

The other news I got was about the apartment in the castle. As of this past Wednsday night it has been completed and the first person to stay there was the MKs own Phil Holmes. For the next 2 weeks different Disney execs will be staying there right up to the big press event at the end of January. Then some unknown "celebrity" will call it home for the night followed by the first guests to stay there the following day with all of the media watching. From the fist hand accounts I have heard the apartment is beutifull. They really spared no expense and did an amazing job with the theme.

If any one has any questions let me know I'll tell you what I know.

imagineer boy

I've had the same idea in my head for a while now. That sounds cool! So it'll be modeled after the Tortuga set in the second movie? That would be really neat. I'm happy to hear this!

radiohost

Could this be the big pirates rehab we have been hearing about the passed month??? This would be a great move for the younger guests vistiting as well as a GENIUS move marketing wise by disney...Imagine dining with Jack Sparrow and other charecters from POTC!!!!!!!!! ILL PAY NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS!!!!!!Radiohost:cool:

TinkersBell

If this pans out, I hope it is finished by December, my son (and I) would LOVE this. Like above, I'll pay, no matter what the cost! :sohappy:

wasnt Tortuga full of drunks and a few ... umm different kind of ladies? Of course, I know they'd clean it up, and the idea is really exciting. My little brothers always get sick of all the princess stuff and would love to have a cool place for them.

maelstrom

I wish they'd just bring the Adventureland Veranda back, but since I know they won't, at least put SOMETHING there. Vacant restaurants look bad.

napnet

Hrm, would be nice for something new to go there. Its really been empty for awhile and would be a nice addition.

Anthony95

If this pans out, I hope it is finished by December, my son (and I) would LOVE this. Like above, I'll pay, no matter what the cost! :sohappy:

me too. i'mma have to keep a close eye out on construction and finish dates. we may have to change our disney plans, PLUS, make reservations ASA they allow!

this is super nice. i love pirates in general and thought the tortuga scene/set set was absolutely great! lol

something about an ongoing party thrills me! lol

shutupdeedee

I haven't heard about this!
I really hope its true because that is suchhhhhh a good idea! I'm so excited!!@#$%^&^%$# I agree with everyone else, I don't care what the cost! I'm taking my nephew! Finally a place that my nephew will absolutely love to eat at.

Even if they don't do that with it. I really hope they do something with it. Because Adventureland doesn't have any dining option. All Adventureland has are dole whips and nut carts. The only restaurant that is there is only open seasonaly, even then it has to be crazy busy in order for it to be open.

So I'm basically begging for this to happen because I hate sending people to Pecos. burf!

Arrrgh and stuff
"No Flash Pictures" Cindy

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This past week I had the pleasure of catching up with some old CM buddies and I got a few interesting pieces of news to share. Well it looks like Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribbean will be going into the old Verenda restaurant in Adventureland. Its been empty for years and with the new dining plan the demand for sit down restaurants has been through the roof. From what I understand is that they want Tortuga to be the equivalant of the Royal Table restaurant in the castle for boys. This plan is moving along very quickly inside Disney. Everyone seems to be very excited about it and the budget keeps jumping up. It seems they want to spend big money on this project and have animatronic figures throughout the restaurant. I was told it will be greenlit very soon and as soon as it does construction will begin immediatly.

This definately has some basis to it.

Dining with Norrington would be incredibly exciting. I think this is a fabulous idea, for boys and girls alike [who says girls can't like pirates too?], and I think its a great way to furthur milk all the PotC hype.

lpet11984

I hope they greenlight this soon- how exciting! "Drinks all around!" Any idea what the timeframe for a project like this could be?

darthjohnny

The other news I got was about the apartment in the castle. As of this past Wednsday night it has been completed and the first person to stay there was the MKs own Phil Holmes. For the next 2 weeks different Disney execs will be staying there right up to the big press event at the end of January. Then some unknown "celebrity" will call it home for the night followed by the first guests to stay there the following day with all of the media watching. From the fist hand accounts I have heard the apartment is beutifull. They really spared no expense and did an amazing job with the theme.

If any one has any questions let me know I'll tell you what I know.

I knew they would let a celebrity in before the common folk to stay in the Castle appt. It figures! :lookaroun :lol:

Where is this Verenda restaurant? You're not refering to the El Pirata y el Perico restaurant that opens seasonally are you?

I like the idea of a fancy sit down restaurant like Royal Table. If only they could make it like the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland that is actaully inside the ride.

Rosso11

Original Poster
I hope they greenlight this soon- how exciting! "Drinks all around!" Any idea what the timeframe for a project like this could be?

I was told by the end of the year if not sooner. Right now things are moving very fast but we all know how quickly things can also stop at Disney. So I wouldn't hold my breath. However, Disney is REALLY pushing the whole pirates and princess theme right now so hopefully it will be sooner than later.

dxwwf3

If the POTC restaurant rumor comes true, it would be an EXCELLENT addition to the park. Especially if they decide to not make it a character buffet experience. The MK could sure use another sit down restaurant (especially without characters) and this would kill two birds with one stone. POTC is the top Disney property right now and something else should be added to the parks. And it would be great to add something back to the Adventureland Veranda spot. I never thought I'd see anything else there again.

Excellent idea and I hope the rumor comes true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom