Top 5 hotels?

Jenna

Hey guys,
As some of you probably know, I'm moving to Florida in January to work for the mouse (CRP in F+B in the UK pavillion of EPCOT)....I mention it in every post (excited.com).

I have never stayed onsite at Disney before and want to make sure that I experience it at some point next year, even if just for a night.

Obviously there are way more hotels than I could afford to stay in but I reckon 5 over the course of a year is definitely achievable. As I have no experience of any of the resorts I'd love to hear your opinions :)

If you could only visit 5 resorts which 5 would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey guys,
As some of you probably know, I'm moving to Florida in January to work for the mouse (CRP in F+B in the UK pavillion of EPCOT)....I mention it in every post (excited.com).

I have never stayed onsite at Disney before and want to make sure that I experience it at some point next year, even if just for a night.

Obviously there are way more hotels than I could afford to stay in but I reckon 5 over the course of a year is definitely achievable. As I have no experience of any of the resorts I'd love to hear your opinions :)

If you could only visit 5 resorts which 5 would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance :)

Grand Floridian
Beach Club/Yacht Club
Animal Kingdom Savannah View
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge

Have a great time! :)

Upvote 0

Mukta

This is the first post I have seen about you moving. Congrats!! How long will you be there? I'll have to grab a beer from you next time I am there. :)

To stay in, Beach Club/Yacht Club, Poly, Contemporary (theme park view), and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If you get to be in WDW during the holidays, visit all of the deluxes.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help so far guys :) Just trying to do some research at the mo as I'm off work...only for 2 more days *wahhh*
I move in January 2014 Mukta and am there through to January 2015 so I've lots of time :) Cannot wait!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Contemporary
Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Why is hard to describe, but the CR tower MK view is the #1 dream for me. BW had the most homey vibe for me. We'll be trying out AKL next month. Poly just b/c everyone speaks so highly of it so I want to try for myself. And GF, well, I like the common areas- so elegant, but I want to see if I can get over the room décor by trying it in person (really not a fan of what I've seen in pics...but willing to try since the rest is spectacular IMO).

Upvote 0

Bparso87

I love AKL it is my favorite but the other 4

Bay lake tower theme park view
WL
Polynesian
PORS my first resort to stay at Disney and it was great.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

If I had to choose 5 resorts to stay at....

1. Poly - It's always been my dream to stay there and I finally am, just for one night next month :)
2. Wilderness Lodge - This is my favorite resort as of this post. It's so grand and beautiful, yet has a smaller, homey feel to it because everything is located in one building
3. Boardwalk - Never stayed here but it's right in the middle of everything!!
4. POFQ - Again, never stayed here but I like that it's the most compact of all the moderates
5. Animal Kingdom Lodge - As an animal lover, I would love to stay in a savannah view room :)

Upvote 0

The Incredible Schmulk

My favorites are in this order:

The Boardwalk Inn and Villas - The rooms are clean (design-wise) and comfortable, and you can't beat the location. The Boardwalk also has some excellent dining and entertainment options right outside the back doors, and is arguably the only true rival to the Swan/Dolphin Hotels for that kind of variety on property. The pool, I think, looks like a lot of fun. I know people are creeped out by the giant clown head, but I find the concept of it hilarious. Think about it; who wouldn't want to watch a bunch of sunburned tourists be vomited out of a demented clown head all day? It's brilliant. Joking aside, the amenities at the Boardwalk surpass every other Disney hotel. There's a dance club, a dueling pianos bar, a sports bar, a signature restaurant that serves some of the best seafood on property, one of the best casual restaurants, one of the best bakeries, a laid back lounge, a fun pool with a huge water slide, a nightly carnival atmosphere on the actual boardwalk, a candy shop, a huge arcade... Seriously, the place has it all.

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani and Jambo Houses) - The savannah view rooms offer one of the most unique hotel experiences in the country, at least in an urban environment. Sanaa and Jiko are two of the best Disney-owned restaurants, and they are easy walks from the hotels' respective lobbies. I've had some of my most relaxing post-park moments just chilling out with a drink from the Victoria Falls Lounge in the lobby, or just outside the back doors at the fire pit. The theming in both hotels is unrivaled, and the lengths they've gone through to obtain authentic art pieces to populate the lobbies is much appreciated. I could spend a week just scoping out all if the detail, and I plan on doing just that in November.

Port Orleans French Quarter - There are a few small reasons why I prefer the French Quarter side of this resort to the Riverside property. French Quarter and Riverside have similar bus service, in that they often share, but when they don't French Quarter's is light years better due to the size of the resort and there being only one stop. Even though they are smaller, I prefer the intimacy and inherently less hectic nature of both the lounge and food court in French Quarter. The big reason, though: size, in general. You can walk from one side to the other in French Quarter in less than ten minutes. There is no bad building, because none of them are ever very far from any one point of interest. The only real pluses that Riverside has on French Quarter are the pool and in-resort restaurant, both of which are accessible via five minute walk from French Quarter, which is still a shorter distance than some people need to walk within the resort to get to the feature pool in the other moderates. Throw in the boat transportation to Downtown Disney, and I think French Quarter is the winner out of that price class.

Wilderness Lodge - As far as hotel theming is concerned, aside from the aforementioned Animal Kingdom Lodge, I don't think there's another hotel on property that has so perfectly committed to the story behind the architecture. It's all dark woods and lofty, echoing ceilings. There are large fireplaces, rocking chairs and small stream running through the middle of the lobby. As an added bonus, if you're there during the holidays, it is easily the most amazingly decorated hotel on Disney property. And then there's Artist Point, which at certain times of the year, depending on the game and fish available, can a top three dining establishment. Last time we ate there, the menu was amazing. Two words: venison carpaccio.

Contemporary - Now, I've never actually stayed at the Contemporary, but out of all of the monorail hotels this is the one I want to stay in most. I love all of the restaurants and lounges contained therein, and it's walking distance to the Magic Kingdom. Ever since I was a kid, I've always been intrigued by the sleek design and cavernous innards. It's like being inside of a hollow mountain. Being able to wake up there everyday on a trip would be a little bit of awesome.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Original Poster
Wow thanks for all the replies so far guys :) Some really detailed ones aswell, giving me a lot to think about. You're all fab!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom