Top 5 attractions that need to go

geekza

I had such high hopes when I saw your avatar. A new member who respects the intricacies of Abraham Lincoln's likeness. I knew you were a staunch supporter of attractions that tell history and keep us away from our cheap thrills and lazy movie connection.

I started to read your post and thought it was extremely coherent, well thought out, and detailed. Even as a new contributor, I knew you're not just coming to these forums to troll or leave one word responses. When I saw you mention Dreamfinder, my heart warmed as you can tell it would by my avatar.

However, I got to your third entry and it left me empty. I felt as though I was kicked in the chest, unable to breath. It is with this in mind that I will politely, in the most non-judging way possible, ask you to delete your account and come back under a new name. We'll pretend this never happened.

In my defense, I did say that my dislike of Space Mountain was definitely not an opinion held by many. :) It's a favorite to many, I know. I think my dislike for it stems from the fact that I didn't ride it until I was well into my adult years (I was a cowardly young boy.) and, being both tall and hefty, I'm pretty sure my body hurts to this day. It was also during the '90s when theming wasn't Disney's strong point and I get the feeling that the attraction had seen better days.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
What is familiar? It IS boring. I also hate Tiki Birds. But, that doesn't mean I think they should be removed. I don't mind that others enjoy something I don't. Don't crucify me now...
Chill.. Chill. I don't like Tiki Room either. I was just making an Under New Management joke.

Iago: "I think I'll go to the Hall of Presidents and take a nap!" was at the end of the UNM show.

Colter

So maybe I'm in a unique position. I went to WDW once almost thirty years ago as a child, but don't remember much. And this summer I will be going for my fourth straight annual trip, I mention this because I may not suffer from attraction fatigue as much as others...
1. Tomorrowland Speedway - I get the kiddos need something to ride too, but this is sooooo much space and Tomorowland needs a new attraction desperately
2. Circle of Life - really nothing needs to be said
3. MissionSpace and 4. Energy --- whole area needs to be redone to revitalize Epcot
5. Nemo --- this always seemed like a lazy effort at a ride to me....I know it used to have a different theme, like a ride to a SeaLab or something....that seems better to me actually

Also the person that said JungleCruise should be banned.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Also the person that said JungleCruise should be banned.

I'm actually with the Jungle Cruise person.. It needs to be re-done or taken out. It's kind of pointless since we have Animal Kingdom. Why not use the space for that Volcano/Fire Mountain idea that has been floating around since forever? The only reason why Jungle Cruise is still here is for the nostalgia factor... (This list includes COP, CBJ, Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer Island... The connection between all of them is that they are ALL incredibly dated. But Disney can't do anything with them because the fanboys would go insane... Including me on a few of them.)

..Granted, according to The Rock, it should be getting an update sometime soon.

geekza

The only reason why Jungle Cruise is still here is for the nostalgia factor...

You are likely correct. However, in the case of classic attractions, there's nothing wrong with nostalgia. I liken it to enjoying old films. Sure, we have better special effects, color, and sound, but I still think that Metropolis can be enjoyed and appreciated. I'm not saying every attraction that has ever been built needs to be left untouched and never spruced up, but there's also not really any reason to get rid of a classic attraction just because the technology has dated. Rides like the Jungle Cruise are about the experience, not the "wow" factor.

EarlgreyJNV

Just completed our visit to the parks... I did not include Stitch or Ellen/Energy beacuse I thought they were already slated for closing. I would like to include new ride to replace.
1. Jungle Cruise - there is a whole park filled with REAL animals, since opening AK I have been on the Jungle Cruise 1 time.
Replace with a big drop boat ride: Moana??? or Indiana Jones Ride
2. Speedway - kids love it but it's time to go.
Replace with Tron Coaster
3. Imagination - I have nothing nice to say about the current attraction.
Replace with the ORIGINAL???? or go new with new indoor coaster.
4. Hall of Presidents - never on anyones list of "Must Do" attractions at WDW.
Replace with... live show?
5. Great Movie Ride - it's time for a change.
Replace with a Mickey Ride.

Goofyernmost

Even Stitch? :D

Here are my top 5:
1. Frozen
2. That dance party outside of Carousel of Progress
3. Imagination
4. Stitch
5. It's Tough to be a Bug
The dance party isn't an attraction, it is a distraction. Frozen, yea one of the most popular IP's developed this decade. Sure that needs to go. Imagination... depends what it is replaced with. TtbaB... is a good show, it's just that not everyone likes it, pretty much like every other attraction in the park. Stitch isn't awful, but, it would be nice for a new replacement.

21stamps

Absolutely. What's more, nostalgia cant be manufactured, it has to be earned over time which is why some of the "old" rides are classics that can't be replaced and achieve the same experience.

i.e. Tom Sawyer Island. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Even the Speedway.

I could be wrong about this, (but hope I'm not) I think using our own imagination is still just as important today as it was in previous generations. Not everything needs to be high tech

Colter

1. Jungle Cruise - there is a whole park filled with REAL animals, since opening AK I have been on the Jungle Cruise 1 time.
The Jungle Cruise isn't about animals, it's about adventure.
Adventureland is retro on purpose, or so I always thought....like the old days of listening to shows and the way the radio would portray far off places. Heck the PA system in the JC queue has that same style of speech.

Maxwell_Edison

1. Get rid of FEA, bring back Maelstrom.
2. Replace Stitch with Alien Encounter.
3. Do something with Imagination (I've been on the ride and can't remember anything about it).
4. Get rid of something, anything, in Disney Springs and bring back the Adventurers' Club.
5. Get rid of Hall of Presidents, as I'll never set foot in there because of...reasons.

NeedMoreMickey

1. Speedway – waste of space, could fit two attractions in this area
2. Ellen’s Universe – too long and uncomfortable seats
3. Circle of Life – I rather see current Disney Nature Films
4. Tiki Room – saw it once in 1983 and those birds are too annoying for me
5. Stitch & Mission Space (tie) – I can ride a roller coaster with overhead harness but both of these are too restricting for me, panic attack

UpAllNight

1) Stitch
2) Speedway
3) Energy
4) Living Seas with Nemo
5) Imagination

So pretty much 5 rides/pavilions in lands dedicated to tomorrow/future, that are either out of place or belong in yesterday.

Beacon Joe

So pretty much 5 rides/pavilions in lands dedicated to tomorrow/future, that are either out of place or belong in yesterday.

The Living Seas could very well be transformed to present a futurist vision. Maybe turn it into something like a futuristic underwater research base or something? Nah, too crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom